Code of Conduct

Smile Dior homme intense?? help!

hey i have the original dior homme intense and love it!! just wanted to know is it worth buying dior homme intense? are they really that much different to justifying having both of them? anyone help. who has both maybe.

thanks!!

Default Re: Dior homme intense?? help!

Quote Originally Posted by ddh213 View Post
    hey i have the original dior homme intense and love it!! just wanted to know is it worth buying dior homme intense? are they really that much different to justifying having both of them? anyone help. who has both maybe.

thanks!!
    Did you mean that you have the Original Dior Homme? If so, I'd say they are considerably different, enough at least to own both. Don't get me wrong, it is still distinctly Dior Homme, but it has been draped in luscious chocolate. Up close the leather and iris from the original are the star players, but the sillage is mainly chocolate and a little bit of iris. It's good stuff, especially if you're a fan of the original and gourmands, but it was a little strong and rich for my tastes.
    Last edited by mtgprox05; 25th March 2010 at 07:49 PM.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

About a year ago I bought a 100ml.bottle Intense.Because of the ,,Limited" story I bought a 50 ml. wich I started to use and this bottle is almost empty now.The big one is still sealed because I bought the standard Dior Homme wich one is much more wearable in all circumstances and gives many good compliments.The Intense is a bit cloying and NEVER gived any positive reaction,only negative! So,for me, the original Dior Homme is the one!!I will keep the Intense sealed for the future;tastes changes sometimes!! Thats my story about those two!

I love DH, and have it in Cologne and Intense concentrations. That said, I'm not 100% sure that it's important to have both. Since I got the cologne, I find myself not wearing the Intense very often anymore. They are very similar, but the Intense is packed with metric f**k-tons of gourmand vanilla and has crazy longevity. I still like it, but it can be a bit much for everyday wear. I've gotten positive reactions to both.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sniff View Post
    The Intense is a bit cloying and NEVER gived any positive reaction,only negative!
    Strange, I've gotten nothing but compliments when wearing the Intense,
    which, DDH, I find diferent enough from the original to own both. For sure.
    I love this series!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/245...+homme+intense

"Much more gourmand than the original, I'd describe it as the original with a smooth vanilla rum added & more 'chocolatey' notes. Also less 'lipstick' than the original. Of the three (cologne, original, intense) its the least heavy on iris, and also of the three its probably my least favorite - that said I still like it.

Also I find it much harder to wear - I've only worn it twice, both times semi-formal winter evenings, whereas the cologne version suits any time and the original I believe is best on a mid-warm night."
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576