Code of Conduct

Default Roja Dove perfumes.

I was out shopping today, and I came across Enslaved and Unspoken by Roja Dove. They were reduced in price, and while still expensive -around 90 euro each for EdP, I was tempted. I don't think I would wear them, as they are ultra feminine, but the quality is remarkable. My practical self decided I wouldn't buy them, but I sprayed them on blotting paper, and now I can't stop sniffing them. They are very much in the Guerlain style, with an old-fashioned extravagance, from a time when there was no compromise regarding ingredients.

Default Re: Roja Dove perfumes.

Enslaved is extreeeeemely close to Habanita but you can smell a bit of ambergris in the drydown.
    Scandal is even closer or some might say identical to Guerlain's Jardins de Bagateulle
    I haven't smelt Unspoken the chypre of the group, enough to comment

Where did you find them reduced? At Harrods?
    I bought Enslaved while on a vacation in London last year...only to find out a few weeks later that it's practically Habanita (as Scent said)..really. Only that Habanita is darker and more interesting. This one's a bit more floral,less leather, less vetiver, but, of course, nevertheless, beautiful. Only that you can get Habanita for half that price.
    The chypre was interesting, but I wasn't into chypres at that time (and Enslaved-Habanita just wowed me..)
    The floral was just plain boring to me...

(ps: btw---why on earth did Roja use those ugly bottles???)

Basenotes Institution

Roja Dove perfumes are just beautiful and yes, I wonder why he uses those ugly bottles too. I guess they are still unavailable in the US except for The Perfumed Court ( they only have EDP ) ?
    I tried them at Harrods and now I wish I had a bought a bottle of Enslaved. The price put me off at the time.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Yeah, I know, the price was offputting indeed..but I fell so hard for it and it was this "hey-I'm-in-London-can't-get-it-elsewhere" thing..you know? I think I wouldn't have bought it if I had known Habanita before..now I have a bottle of each...

Basenotes Institution

Silly me- always favored Guerlain over others till now............I think I need a good thump on my head .
    So maybe Habanita would be the way to go since there is no Roja Dove in US .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Quote Originally Posted by allabouteve View Post
    Where did you find them reduced? At Harrods?
    I found them here in Dublin at the House of Fraser. I had no idea they were even on sale here.
    Last edited by sean-dt; 10th April 2010 at 01:07 AM.