Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Please Help With Guy Laroche Horizon

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    If you know what an "80s power frag" base is like, then you can just envision a strong marine note up top and that's Horizon. There is a strong peppery thing going on in the middle, but otherwise it's the usual strong lavender up top and typical base. The marine note isn't very noticeable when you get to the base, though. If you like aquatics but don't know what an 80s power frag is like, it may not be a bad idea to grab one of these as a "reference" frag because they are still fairly cheap. At some point you'll see them on ebay for $100 a bottle or so.
    Yep, I don't think it'll get a lot of love from people used to modern fragrances. It's definitely old school, and VERY herbal.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by Dudester! View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion Scooter, but looks like my friends on BN here have done a fairly detailed and eloquent job in assuring me that Horizon is indeed a hit. So it looks like I'll be getting one! The smaller version, for now. Much thanks!
    Don't do it dude. I don't think Horizon will sit well with you. Like others above me have mentioned, it is more herbal. It is also somewhat dated. This is not Terre Hermes, something I have read that you like. Being "dated" is not bad, but you come across as someone who prefers modern aquatics and sport fragrances. Nothing wrong with that. I really think you are due to buy a boat load of samples and work your way through them.

But, don't buy Horizon ( blind).
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Aramis New West, Alain Delon Iquitos, Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Oxford & Cambridge, Azzaro pour Homme (vintage),...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of PdE Ambre Russe, Jil Sander Feeling Man, Comme des Garcons 2 Man, Giorgio VIP, ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Just bought a 1.7 oz bottle of Horizon blind off of Ebay for $5. I figured that even I could afford that blind buy (even if it turns out to be a fake).

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    Don't do it dude. I don't think Horizon will sit well with you. Like others above me have mentioned, it is more herbal. It is also somewhat dated. This is not Terre Hermes, something I have read that you like. Being "dated" is not bad, but you come across as someone who prefers modern aquatics and sport fragrances. Nothing wrong with that. I really think you are due to buy a boat load of samples and work your way through them.

But, don't buy Horizon ( blind).
    Well why did everyone choose Horizon over Aqua di Gio in the list that I provided if it came down to choosing those 3 fragrances? I love Aqua di Gio "kinds" of fragrances, and with a little twist is fine, and I'm guessing the marine note in Horizon would be a nice change..

Well why did everyone choose Horizon over Aqua di Gio in the list that I provided if it came down to choosing those 3 fragrances? I love Aqua di Gio "kinds" of fragrances, and with a little twist is fine, and I'm guessing the marine note in Horizon would be a nice change..
    Because people on these boards don't like AdG. Horizon is nothing, I repeat NOTHING, like Acqua di Gio. They are 100% poles apart.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by shortino View Post
    Just bought a 1.7 oz bottle of Horizon blind off of Ebay for $5. I figured that even I could afford that blind buy (even if it turns out to be a fake).
    For $5, you cannot go wrong. Good buy Shortino ( I like that nickname !). At the worst, you can just swap it off. But, I hope it works out great for ya

As mtgprox mentioned, alot of guys detest the smell of AdG. Me included. I gave my bottle away ( it was practically new !). I think Sander for Man is a more better choice. Its a pretty cool fragrance. Casual and sporty, but also interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    Because people on these boards don't like AdG. Horizon is nothing, I repeat NOTHING, like Acqua di Gio. They are 100% poles apart.
    Thank you
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Aramis New West, Alain Delon Iquitos, Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Oxford & Cambridge, Azzaro pour Homme (vintage),...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of PdE Ambre Russe, Jil Sander Feeling Man, Comme des Garcons 2 Man, Giorgio VIP, ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

I got a large bottle of this for $30 over at parfum1 so I will be equipped with this scent for a while. I'm even thinking about buying a backup bottle later this year. There is a tad of a classic feel to it but not enough for the younger crowd like myself to be turned off by it. It's just an all-around great smell that goes well in all weather conditions.