Code of Conduct

Question colognes that come as a deodorant spray (are they worth the price)

I am looking to get some new perfume and came across a few colognes that is at a great price but they are in deodorant strenth.

I am not sure it these typs of perfumes are worth it or not and wanted to know how long do they last and are they worth the price

Default Re: colognes that come as a deodorant spray (are they worth the price)

I assume the joop deo spray lasts...

which one are you scoping?

I just wanted to reiterate I am not talking about deodorant spray such as an aerosol type of deodorant, no not that kinda at all.

I am talking about a perfume that comes in 50 or 100ml size and looks just like the normal cologne bottle and box but the only diffrence is that it says deodorant spray

I was looking to pick up some guerlain vetiver deodorant if it's worth it, and the price was very nice.

would really like to know if these types of perfumes last at least as long as a aftershave

oh yeah sorry I was talking about the vintage guerlain vetiver

Last edited by bogart; 26th March 2010 at 07:06 AM.

Weird, I've never seen such.. kind of neat though.

Generally speaking, these can't replace regular fragrances. The scent is often different (obviously similar, but different) or too fleeting. Body products are usually meant as a complement to the fragrances, but not replacements.

My understanding is that the deo spray is less concentrated. Aftershave is another less concentrated product, but I don't know how the deo spray and the aftershave would compare in strength. I suppose that using the deo spray alone would give you a very light result. But some users will like it that way, I suppose.

thanks for the replys guys I think I will still pick up the perfume even though it might not be as strong as the normal cologne

I have never tried any even though I came across quite a few
    my reasoning is if the deo costs 50% as much if not as much as the real thing, why not just get the real thing?
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

I bought the Cool Water 'deodorant' strength bottle by mistake a while back. To me, it smells exactly like the EDT (which I also now own) but a little weaker and lasts about half the time...which is still about 3-4 hrs mind you. I use it quite often actually....
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

It is always nice to have a deodorant spray to go with a fragrance you really like.
    They don't smell the same as the edt though.
    Most of the time the deo spray or stick will smell like the topnotes of the edt.
    They don't evolve the way an edt would evolve.
    They will just smell like the topnotes.
    But this is just my experience.
    Maybe some will behave differently.

I figure hey what the heck let me try and see if this is an ok buy since I have a few aftershaves that are just as strong as their edt siblings