Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Banned

Default Cologne du Parfumeur by Guerlain - New Fragrance

Guerlain has announced the new cologne "Cologne du Parfumeur" created by Thierry Wasser. The first once since 1974! Along with this new launch, the previous colognes see a visual refresh with flacons including the perfumers' name (very frederic malle).

"green is my tic, I put it everywhere."

"Originally, I created this Cologne for myself. I composed it at the same time as Idylle, it was my downtime. I wanted a Cologne in the tradition of the great classics but with a modern twist."

Notes: lemon water, orange blossom, orange juice, lavender syrup, mint and rosemary.

more info here

US Pricing: 100ml for $96, 250ml for $205, and 500ml for $300.

Just in time for summer. I cannot wait to smell this when it launches next month.
    Last edited by teger; 1st May 2010 at 10:56 PM. Reason: added pricing

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: La Cologne du Parfumeur by Guerlain - New Fragrance

I wasn't sure what the notes were going to be of this, thanks for posting T.

I thought Cologne du 68 was created only a couple years ago?

---
    Last edited by Reminiscent; 22nd May 2011 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I thought Cologne du 68 was created only a couple years ago?
    It was, Mike. Either The Scented Salamander forgot about its existence or they don't consider '68' to be a true Eau de Cologne. I believe the latter is the case.
    I'm excited about this, as I love all the Guerlain Eau de Colognes. I think Wasser is growing into his nose at Guerlain. His new AA: Flora Nymphéa is probably the best one yet, it smells of quality, something most of the others truly lack; his Idylle wasn't bad and the new Guerlain Homme Eau is quite respectable. Everyone expects and deserves spectacular from Guerlain, but if Guerlain wants to get a slice of the younger crowds money they do need to lighten it up a bit and I think this is exactly what Wasser is over-seeing.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 31st March 2010 at 05:44 PM.

Sounds perfect for summer , just hope its not gone within the hour after applying

Sur la Plage

One more for the Guerlain haters to hate.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I hope it dosent smell like another existing best seller....

perhaps Thierry Wasser is trying to impress the fans of the older Guerlains with his skill in making classic scent. I dont know.

Here's a better marketing angle : instead of saying that it was his personal cologne, he should have stated " I made it for JPGuerlain as a birthday gift" ..
    -

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    Here's a better marketing angle : instead of saying that it was his personal cologne, he should have stated " I made it for JPGuerlain as a birthday gift" ..
    LOL, then it would be La Colongue du mentor instead of Parfumer :P

sadly, unlike JP Guerlain Thierry Wasser isnt exactly a celebrity yet. I bet some people would be like "who cares about his personal colongue"

Well let's see what it smells like.

From the tone of various comments here and elswhere about T. Wasser and Guerlain and the LVMH thing it seems to me the guy has an uphill battle. Unlike J.C.E who was able to step into Hermes as their first in-house perfumer, T. Wasser is a younger outsider stepping into a dynasty with four generations of Guerlains before him . . . big shoes to fill.

The sense I get from talking to at least one Guerlain insider, though, is that he is being encouraged by those on the inside to create (not just, or not only, 'deliver to the shareholders') and that joining the 'club of eaux' with the other four is Guerlain sending out the message that he is the next in line, and this is an endorsement of his arrival, if you will. I don't think it's an ego trip, he seems to be a genuinely humble guy to me, not the self promoting type.

And if you step back a bit I think one could see this move to chronicle Guerlains heritage by naming each successive perfumer on the eaux bottle is part of a strategy to reasure the more cynical amongst us that LVMH is at making some effort to preserve the legacy of the place . . . let's hope so.

My only hope is that Thierry's next offering would be in the same vein as Samsara, Heritage etc. Or perhaps, it starts with an eaux?

I hope the cologne will be great!

But the notes mentioned are for special drink that will be suggested to all customers in boutique 68, Champs d`Elysees when this cologne will be presented.
    Drink and cologne would complement each other, so notes of cocktail are very close to cologne.
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Quote Originally Posted by moon_fish View Post
    I hope the cologne will be great!

But the notes mentioned are for special drink that will be suggested to all customers in boutique 68, Champs d`Elysees when this cologne will be presented.
    Drink and cologne would complement each other, so notes of cocktail are very close to cologne.
    yeah i read that as well. 200 years ago when Colongues were first invented, they were meant for drinking like some sort of a cureall panecea. Interesting how Guerlain is trying to recreate something almost to that effect with the cocktail, since nowadays our EDCs use Perfumers alcohol and not drinking ones.

Hi, all!

The name is Cologne du Parfumeur, not La Cologne du Parfumeur.

If you're not a native French speaker, it probably won't strike you as wrong (and you might wonder why the fuss), but *I* am and I can't even begin to tell you how wrong it sounds to me. Cologne is not a noun (it is always spelt with a capital 'C') and cannot be preceded by an article. It is quite possible the French will adopt the English fashion of using it as a noun in the future, but not yet, and Guerlain hasn't in this case.

PS. Don't just take my word for it (LOL!): there is a pic of the bottle on The Scented Salamander.

Banned

Corrected it in the post :-) Thanks.

Anyone find it odd the article notes this will launch at Bergdorfs before 68 Champs Elysées?

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by NEoTY26 View Post
    Corrected it in the post :-) Thanks.

Anyone find it odd the article notes this will launch at Bergdorfs before 68 Champs Elysées?
    That surprised the heck out of me too T.

Default Re: Cologne du Parfumeur by Guerlain - New Fragrance

I like the launch idea where one can "drink" the notes of the perfume. As the nose and tongue are so closely associated, why not?!

I understand perfumes were made with potable alcohol and some women touched the scent to their tongues.

(Notice how one cannot taste food well during a head cold...)
    Last edited by Primrose; 3rd September 2010 at 04:50 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

The poet Renée Vivien, who was a dipso- and etheromaniac, used to actually drink eau de Cologne to mask the smell of the noxious substances she was addicted to.

Anyway, thanks for making the correction.

Looks like this will push me to further expand & enhance my formerly utilitarian drink:

Basenotes Plus

Bumping this thread to say I received a package from the Guerlain Boutique in Las Vegas today containing a nice note and two samples from the wonderful SA, Ms Tee.
    "I am so happy to send you the sample of our new La Cologne du Parfumeur"
    "La Cologne du Parfumeur should be arriving in USA around the end of May or beginning of June and I will email to check up on you then."

i dabbed about 20 minutes ago; so far it's morphing quickly, just as you would expect from an EDC. It's not a bracing citrus opening, smooth and mild citrusy with the lavendar supporting it -and a tiny bit talcy or dry (but NOT powdery) Sorry if that does not make sense. I'm no foetidus or mrclmind.
    Very unisex.

Edited 5/1 to add: apparently Guerlain HQ didn't even tell their SA's to skip the "La", as evidenced by the quotes cited in my 4/15 post.
    Last edited by knit at nite; 1st May 2010 at 11:06 PM.

In case anyone is still not convinced that the name is Cologne du Parfumeur (without an article), here is confirmation from Guerlain themselves. I emailed them the other day about it.

'Selon le dossier de presse, je vous informe qu'il s'agit du nom "Cologne du Parfumeur".

"Baptisée tout simplement Cologne du Parfumeur, cette eau mixte nous ouvre les portes d’un univers classique avec des notes d’agrumes comme la fleur d’oranger, le citron ou la bergamote, mais nous dévoile également des notes vertes et musquées plus originales” (extrait du dossier de presse).'

Obviously, the English translator did a bad job on it.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bela View Post
    Hi, all!

The name is Cologne du Parfumeur, not La Cologne du Parfumeur.

If you're not a native French speaker, it probably won't strike you as wrong (and you might wonder why the fuss), but *I* am and I can't even begin to tell you how wrong it sounds to me. Cologne is not a noun (it is always spelt with a capital 'C') and cannot be preceded by an article. It is quite possible the French will adopt the English fashion of using it as a noun in the future, but not yet, and Guerlain hasn't in this case.
    Maybe it's just short for eau de cologne. Eau is grammatically feminine after all. En tout cas, ils peuvent nommer leurs affaires à leur gré; je m'en fous.

I just bought this, but only tried it in the store. I haven't had a chance for a full wearing.

Somewhere I read that perhaps Wasser is bowing to the old tradition of every apprentice perfumer having to produce an eau de cologne on becoming a master. Maybe an hommage to the Guerlains after becoming the firm's chief perfumer?
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

Quote Originally Posted by JaimeB View Post
    Maybe it's just short for eau de cologne. Eau is grammatically feminine after all. En tout cas, ils peuvent nommer leurs affaires à leur gré; je m'en fous.

I just bought this, but only tried it in the store. I haven't had a chance for a full wearing.

Somewhere I read that perhaps Wasser is bowing to the old tradition of every apprentice perfumer having to produce an eau de cologne on becoming a master. Maybe an hommage to the Guerlains after becoming the firm's chief perfumer?
    Thank you, JaimeB. I sampled this and found it did not last long on me. (Again, only a store sample.) It is indeed very citrusy. Just another eau fraiche, in the end. Yes, an apprentice must submit his "diploma" work as proof of his artisanship. (I think I will stick to Imperiale...)

Post your thoughts when you have a full wearing, please.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

*Obviously* Cologne is short for Eau de Cologne, but you are (possibly deliberately) missing the point. And the gender of 'Eau' has nothing to do with anything.

The point is that *all over the Net*, that new fragrance has been called La Cologne du Parfumeur and that is not its name. Even if you are not a stickler for accuracy as I am, there was no need to be so rudely dismissive (I notice you wrote that bit of your message in French so others wouldn't be aware of how rude you were being).

The reason we who wrote about Cologne du Parfumeur were adding the "La" in is in all of the press materials we were sent the name of this fragrance was La Cologne du Parfumeur. When we get preview samples we do not get full bottles and the name we go with is the one that Guerlain provided us. So while we were wrong by the time the bottles reached the store counters we were right based on the information we were given. I hope this clears up the idea of where the "La" came from.

As far as the fragrance goes I think this is the best fragrance that Thierry Wasser has done for Guerlain. In the same press materials the back story for this is he was making this for personal use while designing Idylle. I think it shows Thierry Wasser being free to create without thinking about whether what he's making is a Guerlain and in that freedom has created something worthy of being a Guerlain.

It does have all the hallmarks of traditional eau de colognes in that it is simply constructed of minimal notes and has very average longevity and sillage. If those things are very important for you then you will have a hard time embracing this fragrance. I love eau de colognes as a class and this is one of the best in my opinion.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bela View Post
    *Obviously* Cologne is short for Eau de Cologne, but you are (possibly deliberately) missing the point. And the gender of 'Eau' has nothing to do with anything.

The point is that *all over the Net*, that new fragrance has been called La Cologne du Parfumeur and that is not its name. Even if you are not a stickler for accuracy as I am, there was no need to be so rudely dismissive (I notice you wrote that bit of your message in French so others wouldn't be aware of how rude you were being).
    Allow me to make a public apology if my words offended anyone, especially you, monsieur. It was not my intention to be offensive to anyone on Basenotes. My words, of course, did not refer to you personally; if anything, they were directed at the giving of silly names to perfumes.

Let me say further that my words were written in French not because they were directed to anyone in particular, but rather because the subject concerned the use of the French language. In my experience here on Basenotes, a number of people can read and understand French, and it is not the first time I have written a few words in French in a post.

Perhaps my use of a very common expression in French was ill-considered. In my experience, French speakers use this quite liberally, and so long as it does not refer to a particular person, it seems rarely to cause offense. I simply meant it (perhaps casually or dismissively) to mean "I don't care." It was meant to dismiss the supposed naming as an issue for me, not to dismiss anyone or anyone's opinion.

I believe I am correct in saying that my reputation on Basenotes as a frequent poster is not as one who is dismissive, but rather as a reconciler and an objective commentator. Perhaps I stepped out of that role for a moment to be a little flippant in French. Nevertheless, I hope my apologies will be seen and accepted as an effort to reconcile any inadvertent rudeness that may have been perceived.

Je vous prie, monsieur, d'accepter mes excuses les plus sincères. Je suis désolé si je vous ai offensé dans le moindre détail, et je vous prie d'agréer
    aussi mes sentiments les plus distingués. J'espère qu'il n'y aura dorénavant que de la paix entre nous.
    Last edited by JaimeB; 26th April 2010 at 11:37 PM.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

—Seneca

I generally avoid arguments about small, unimportant matters like the word "La" - but as Guerlain IS a favourite subject of mine, allow me to show this advertisement:

So now I'm wondering: Is this advertisement an ad for the WHOLE Eaux line (the small word "The" in front of Cologne to stress that this is an advertisement of the Guerlain perfumers' - any of them - EAUX and not their extraits), while "Cologne du Parfumeur" is the NAME of just Wasser's Eau? If so, it seems like Guerlain once more, on the occasion of Wasser's Eau, tries to put a spotlight on their old cologne tradition, normally standing back for their grand extraits...

I remember Jean Paul Guerlain in an interview telling how he created "Le" Vetiver ...but in french (as french is my native language) the use of the article "la" mostly depends on the sentence and on the way you want to underline a common noun and cologne is a common noun (the short way to say eau de cologne)..."La" thus means uniqueness
    for example "Aujourd'hui, je porte La cologne du Parfumeur"
    after a proper noun, you usually don't use an article ; except if you put adjective before the name " Je porte le sublime Shalimar"

Tried it today at Bergdorf Goodman. In a word, Glorious! No big revolution here, just a crystal clear Eau de Cologne with a nice cedar accord added. Thierry Wasser's name is upfront on the label. Didn't catch the price, but I'm sure it's ridiculous considering it's a Guerlain.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 1st May 2010 at 05:03 AM.

^^^ I thought it was in the 90-100$ range for a 125ml bottle. I could definitely be off on some of that, but I don't think it's near some of the more exclusive Guerlain line's prices.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    ^^^ I thought it was in the 90-100$ range for a 125ml bottle. I could definitely be off on some of that, but I don't think it's near some of the more exclusive Guerlain line's prices.
    I got it at the Guerlain boutique in Neimans, San Francisco: 250 ml. (8.5 fl. oz.) for $205. Didn't notice the prices on the smaller sizes.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

—Seneca

Banned

I got it at the Guerlain boutique in Neimans, San Francisco: 250 ml. (8.5 fl. oz.) for $205. Didn't notice the prices on the smaller sizes.
    Here are the prices: 100ml is $96, 250ml (as noted) for $205, and 500ml for $300.

Blog Entries

Woo-hoo! It's here!

PS - Love your sig addition:

Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

Quote Originally Posted by NEoTY26 View Post
    Here are the prices: 100ml is $96, 250ml (as noted) for $205, and 500ml for $300.
    That's pretty much what the old eaux go for. Makes sense - charging too much more wouldn't feel right.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Guyer View Post
    Tried it today at Bergdorf Goodman. In a word, Glorious! No big revolution here, just a crystal clear Eau de Cologne with a nice cedar accord added. Thierry Wasser's name is upfront on the label. Didn't catch the price, but I'm sure it's ridiculous considering it's a Guerlain.
    Why in the world would Guerlain do that ? Did any of the Guerlain family perfumers ever blatantly sign off their fragrances ? Or is it the Frederic Malle bug ?
    Last edited by zztopp; 2nd May 2010 at 12:13 AM.
    -

Why in the world would Guerlain do that ? Did any of the Guerlain family perfumers ever blatantly sign off their fragrances ? Or is it the Frederic Malle bug ?
    Perhaps Guerlain wants to be sure that it isn't mistaken by anyone for a family jewel. It does, however, smell great!
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 2nd May 2010 at 01:22 AM.

According to this Perfume Shrine article about the new Cologne du Parfumeur, all of the Guerlain eaux are being rebottled with the names of their creators to match the new one.

All five of the Guerlain Eau de cologne in production now carry the name of the perfumer on the label a la Frederic Malle. I am very glad to see Guerlain doing this as I am a big believer that these talented perfumers deserve their name on the bottle. As I've said before this time Thierry Wasser truly shows he deserves to have his name on the bottle next to the Guerlains who created eau de cologne previous to him.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Experimenting with the EDC labels is probably one of the least expensive ways for LVMH to create some buzz around their new product - this too shall pass. I can't imagine that the LVMH marketing department will ever mess with the Shalimar and Mitsouko labels.

I think this idea of labeling the Eaux with the signature is reasonable enough. Only ONE perfumer has created a Nahéma, but four have created an Eau (like some compulsory rite of passage). The Eaux are not distinctly linked to a certain perfumer's style like the grand perfumes are, and so maybe this signing of the Eaux is a way of compensating for that.

Basenotes Institution

So is Neiman Marcus and/or Bergdorf Goodman the only place this is for sale in the US?

Any other poeple who have tested this yet?

Yes, I have a bottle of Cologne du Parfumeur. I find it very pleasant and wear it especially after an evening shower, before going to bed. It's green, mildly floral and a bit musky. Not sure I'll replace it when the bottle is over though.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

I had this on yesterday-- quite unisex. I loooove the opening lemony notes but they fade fast. I don't think I would buy a bottle, because I don't like to respray quite that often.

Well, now that summer is fading I can safely say that I love Cologne du Parfumeur. My 100ml bottle is down to the half way mark and despite having a handful of other fine EDC options, including a couple of the Guerlains, I just keep going back to it. There is absolutely nothing hip, trendy or groundbreaking about this one - it is simply a great EDC with it's own distinctive shot of green (as advertised) that feels great to me. It does have that 'I wouldn't mind a sip of this' vibe about it, I can see how they could concoct a cool refreshing drink that mimics the notes.

Sur la Plage

I tried this yesterday. I liked it, but it reminded me of Mugler Cologne - which I own. So I don't see the need to purchase another similar fragrance.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    So is Neiman Marcus and/or Bergdorf Goodman the only place this is for sale in the US?
    I agree that this was too light for me. Enjoyable but very much...and eau de Cologne.

You can buy this at the Palazzo boutique in Las Vegas. The helpful staff will take your order.

Basenotes Institution

I still haven't encountered this anywhere yet. I had no idea Guerlain was going to keep this Eau Cologne in such a limited distribution - whereas you can buy Imperiale, Eau de Coq and Eau de Guerlain everywhere! Very strange.

Oh well, there's always next summer.

Resurrecting this thread from a year ago.........

I smelled this at Neiman's today, and it is a very fine cologne. Smooth and very well balanced. A classic cologne in the best
    tradition of colognes such as Guerlain's Imperiale. If I had spare change in abundance I would pick this up. It smells great.

This one has major longevity. I have a feeling that there is a base note that some people are anosmic to. It's not overpowering ever, but I can smell it for a good 8 hours after application, unlike any traditional EDC. If I apply it in the morning, it works really well as a base to what I'm wearing that evening long after the top and mid notes have burned off.

Quote Originally Posted by mrclmind View Post
    This one has major longevity. I have a feeling that there is a base note that some people are anosmic to. It's not overpowering ever, but I can smell it for a good 8 hours after application, unlike any traditional EDC. If I apply it in the morning, it works really well as a base to what I'm wearing that evening long after the top and mid notes have burned off.
    Me too. 350ml and counting. I think this idea could be taken further - not sure how, but there's something good happening here.

This is a wonderful fragrance IMO.

I do like this one, despite being too light on citrus and too heavy on Mugler's soapy-green. It's almost like equal parts PDN Cologne Sologne & Mugler.

While I still hold much of my initial opinion of this one (essentially Cologne Sologne, Mugler's greenness, and some classy bergamot/floral subtlety) .....I now want to buy it...anyone know the best and/or cheapest source for either a bottle or large flacon ??

Neiman Marcus has it on their site. 100ml for $108, and that appears to be your only option for size. I remember sniffing this at the Michigan Av. store a while back, but don't think it's in stock anymore. Likewise, I haven't seen it on any discount sites.
    "Christian Dior / You wasted your life
    On aroma and clothes / Fabric and dyes." Christian Dior - Morrissey

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    While I still hold much of my initial opinion of this one (essentially Cologne Sologne, Mugler's greenness, and some classy bergamot/floral subtlety) .....I now want to buy it...anyone know the best and/or cheapest source for either a bottle or large flacon ??
    Octavian cites the same similarity in a part of Cologne du Parfumeur with Mugler Cologne. In fact Octavians review of Theirry Wasser's work for Guerlain was absolutely scathing in tone as he all but accuses Wasser of copying Alberto Morillas work at Firmenich in the creation of this eau de cologne. http://1000fragrances.blogspot.com/2...umeur-new.html Actually he does outright accuse him of borrowing heavily from Morillas. But, so what?

I notice the similarity to Mugler's green note in this fragrance, but it is only a part of the final product. I enjoy wearing it and now even more than Mugler Cologne which seems to have lost any connection to naturalness to my nose. But Cologne du Parfumeur is very different from Mugler and functions on a much higher and delicately balanced level, imo. It is a cleansing and stabilizing cologne; even if parts of it are stolen from bits of this and that. What creative person doesn't borrow greatly from everything that has gone before.

Back to your question I don't know where to get it cheaply. I got mine at Nieman Marcus. If they offered it in a larger bottle I would be first in line to get the largest size.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Buzzlepuff, Saks in Boston had larger bottles...you may wish to check with Saks in Tulsa?

TULSA

• Store: Saks Fifth Avenue
    • Store Manager: Keith Sturtevant
    • Shopping Center: (free standing)
    • Address:
      • 1780 Utica Square
      • Tulsa, OK

• Phone: 918-744-0200
    • Fax: 918-744-0322

A little added incentive

I was just plain lucky BTW, I think they just sent one of the 500ml bottles out here with the initial launch shipment and one of the SA's mentioned it was at the office.
    Last edited by mr. reasonable; 7th June 2012 at 02:28 AM.

Sound Scents

I have yet to see Cologne du Parfumeur discounted anywhere, but I love the stuff and believe it is worth every penny of its full retail price. I bought mine at the Saks flagship store in NY (it was $98 back then).
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzlepuff View Post
    Octavian cites the same similarity in a part of Cologne du Parfumeur with Mugler Cologne. In fact Octavians review of Theirry Wasser's work for Guerlain was absolutely scathing in tone as he all but accuses Wasser of copying Alberto Morillas work at Firmenich in the creation of this eau de cologne. http://1000fragrances.blogspot.com/2...umeur-new.html Actually he does outright accuse him of borrowing heavily from Morillas. But, so what?

I notice the similarity to Mugler's green note in this fragrance, but it is only a part of the final product. I enjoy wearing it and now even more than Mugler Cologne which seems to have lost any connection to naturalness to my nose. But Cologne du Parfumeur is very different from Mugler and functions on a much higher and delicately balanced level, imo. It is a cleansing and stabilizing cologne; even if parts of it are stolen from bits of this and that. What creative person doesn't borrow greatly from everything that has gone before.

Back to your question I don't know where to get it cheaply. I got mine at Nieman Marcus. If they offered it in a larger bottle I would be first in line to get the largest size.
    I don't agree that CDP and Mugler Cologne smell alike (let alone Cologne Sologne). CDP is "sweet green" with a strong pea note. It's actually closer to Balmain (vintage) Vent Vert.

French retailers have some of the Guerlain colognes available in large bee bottles (500 ml) from their websites. For example Marionnaud carries Eau Imperiale in 500 ml at 206 €, 165 € with a -20% coupon (very easy to get), free shipping to France. That's 32 € (= USD 40 or GBP 26) for 100 ml, a nice deal for a split. Plus, the look of the bee bottle is stunning.

The only problem is that... they don't carry CDP.