Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Cologne du Parfumeur by Guerlain - New Fragrance

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    Buzzlepuff, Saks in Boston had larger bottles...you may wish to check with Saks in Tulsa?

TULSA

• Store: Saks Fifth Avenue
    • Store Manager: Keith Sturtevant
    • Shopping Center: (free standing)
    • Address:
      • 1780 Utica Square
      • Tulsa, OK

• Phone: 918-744-0200
    • Fax: 918-744-0322

Thanks for the tip, but they don't even carry Cologne du Parfumeur. Its a small Saks and they don't carry everything. I'm calling Guerlain boutique in Vegas to see if they have the larger bottle.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Reminiscent View Post
    I don't agree that CDP and Mugler Cologne smell alike (let alone Cologne Sologne). CDP is "sweet green" with a strong pea note. It's actually closer to Balmain (vintage) Vent Vert.

French retailers have some of the Guerlain colognes available in large bee bottles (500 ml) from their websites. For example Marionnaud carries Eau Imperiale in 500 ml at 206 , 165 with a -20% coupon (very easy to get), free shipping to France. That's 32 (= USD 40 or GBP 26) for 100 ml, a nice deal for a split. Plus, the look of the bee bottle is stunning.

The only problem is that... they don't carry CDP.
    I actually do smell a hint of the green that smells just like Mugler Cologne in Cologne du Parfumeur. But it's not more than a whisper so it is hard to claim it is the same. Octavian Cofian believes this green part is a Firmenich developed synthetic note that Thierry Wasser could not help but use due to his years of working with Alberto Morillas at Firmenich. I like the fragrance and definitely disagree with Octavians critical view of Wasser. Is he supposed to ignore what he has learned in the past while working for Guerlain? Whatever.

I found larger bottles of Cologne du Parfumeur (250ml, 500ml, 1000ml) at Guerlain at the Palazzo Shops in Las Vegas (702) 732-7008. Kevin was very helpful with one of the 250 ml. bottles of Cologne du Parfumeur and Cologne Imperiale - gift to self. I personally think that jugs of perfume of 500 ml or 1000 ml are more for show - kind of like sculpture for decor - who can handle a bottle that big for regular use anyway!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzlepuff View Post
    Octavian cites the same similarity in a part of Cologne du Parfumeur with Mugler Cologne. In fact Octavians review of Theirry Wasser's work for Guerlain was absolutely scathing in tone as he all but accuses Wasser of copying Alberto Morillas work at Firmenich in the creation of this eau de cologne. http://1000fragrances.blogspot.com/2...umeur-new.html Actually he does outright accuse him of borrowing heavily from Morillas. But, so what?

I notice the similarity to Mugler's green note in this fragrance, but it is only a part of the final product. I enjoy wearing it and now even more than Mugler Cologne which seems to have lost any connection to naturalness to my nose. But Cologne du Parfumeur is very different from Mugler and functions on a much higher and delicately balanced level, imo. It is a cleansing and stabilizing cologne; even if parts of it are stolen from bits of this and that. What creative person doesn't borrow greatly from everything that has gone before.

Back to your question I don't know where to get it cheaply. I got mine at Nieman Marcus. If they offered it in a larger bottle I would be first in line to get the largest size.
    Trust me, I'm not saying it's on par with Mugler's synthetic side. Hence, my referencing on Cologne Sologne (which i feel is incredible and greatly under-appreciated in the EDC realm, like MPG Pour Le Jeune).

But I actually think the similarity to Mugler's is more than a little bit, as the use of hex-3-cis and other green synthetics is fairly strong, not that that is a bad thing, just saying Wasser could have put a tad more work in to make it a little more unique and breathtaking, since it was his first big endeavor as head.

But I still like it and am thinking of organizing a split for a 500ml or 1000ml. Perhaps I'll do the same for Cologne Sologne ?

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    ...But I still like it and am thinking of organizing a split for a 500ml or 1000ml. Perhaps I'll do the same for Cologne Sologne ?
    Oh I'd be interested!
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac