Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Your Go-To Oriental

I want to love an oriental scent, but I have a low sweetness threshold and a minimal tolerance for vanilla. Amber I can do better with so long as it is not overly honeyed. Orris is not my favorite. The closest I've ever come to an oriental I could love was Egoiste, which was spicy enough to balance its sweeter components. Am I a lost cause, or is there an oriental I can really appreciate (I'm not going to spend big money to find out since I'm skeptical)? Any of these listed above going to work for me?

Regards,
    T

B*Men is the one I've used most. It's more versatile than most orientals, and I don't mind wearing it to work and lots of other places I wouldn't usually wear orientals to.

The other one I've worn a bit is Joop Homme Electric Heat. I like it a lot, but my wife and nephews (who are usually into orientals) don't like it much.
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by TBoner View Post
    Am I a lost cause, or is there an oriental I can really appreciate (I'm not going to spend big money to find out since I'm skeptical)?
    L'Occitane Eau des Baux. Resinous Amber, the evergreen/red wood smell of Cypress, plus smoky incense that smells a little like you've made a campfire from dry Cypress branches and there is just now smoke coming off the embers. £30/$45 for 100ml so quite reasonable too.