Code of Conduct

Default Newbie needs help with alternative to Chanel Allure Homme Sport.

17yo DS likes Chanel Allure Homme Sport.( tried a sample) Can someone rec a similar scent for less $$? I'd like to get him something nice for Christmas. Love the scent. Thanks.

Default Re: Newbie needs help with alternative to Chanel Allure Homme Sport.

There's nothing as good as this wonderful juice, just spend the cash for it, you won't regret it.
    Last edited by Sokkou; 11th December 2009 at 05:29 AM.

Versace Pour Homme

Yeah Versace PH is basically the same scent.

I also think Versace Blue Jeans and YSL L'Homme are along similar lines but different.

Neither Versace Blue Jeans or YSL L'Homme are ANYTHING like Chanel Allure Homme Sport, I don't understand how you can even say that.

Versace pour Homme is similar at first, but quickly becomes a very very different scent. Only Allure Homme Sport smells truly like Allure Homme Sport, and if one loves this scent, they'll likely spot VPH for what it is and what it isn't.

Allure Sport is my favorite fresh scent!

Can't think of anything close atm. It would have to be melony-citrusy, metalllic, and musky.

I agree with Sokku. There is not nothing like Channel Allure Sport the only one I have smelled that have similarities with Allure Sport is Dior Sport but that one is also pricey. Why don't you go to marshalls or Ross they sell some really good scents for your age although not at same level of Allure Sport. From what I've seen they have Polo Explorer, Style and Play, and Tommy Bahamas St. South Sails, and Very Cool.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sokkou View Post
    There's nothing as good as this wonderful juice, just spend the cash for it, you won't regret it.
    I agree. If you like this particular scent, there's almost nothing that comes across exactly like it. The only thing close is Chanel Allure Homme Sport Cologne - for almost the exact same price.

If you simply have to go cheap, then sniff in Sephora and Macy's, and buy in Marshall's, or online. Sniff-n-dash. Perfectly understandable for young folks. But you can't get Chanel that way. I don't think I've ever seen Chanel cheap anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Sokkou View Post
    Neither Versace Blue Jeans or YSL L'Homme are ANYTHING like Chanel Allure Homme Sport, I don't understand how you can even say that.

Versace pour Homme is similar at first, but quickly becomes a very very different scent. Only Allure Homme Sport smells truly like Allure Homme Sport, and if one loves this scent, they'll likely spot VPH for what it is and what it isn't.
    My thoughts exactly.

Isn't Allure Homme Sport just Allure Homme in a thin aquatic disguise ?
    "A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JoNnY 4 View Post
    My thoughts exactly.

Isn't Allure Homme Sport just Allure Homme in a thin aquatic disguise ?
    I expected that, but to my nose, the sport is more of a spicy citrus scent, and the Cologne a woody citrus scent. Frankly, I think that these should have all been released with different names. It's as if every scent that Chanel makes is an Allure Homme flanker. There is a common reference in all of them - a small accord that references back to the original. But it's pretty thin, and could easily pass for something like guerlinade. Perhaps this is Chanel's way of entering the massive over-launching of scents that everybody does nowadays, while seeming to be somehow above such undignified behavior. Smart.

Geir by Geir Ness evokes the same vibe. http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/secti...Ness/Geir.html
    im not sure if it's cheaper though...maybe a deodrant of the same? http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/detail.asp?itemid=32401

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    I expected that, but to my nose, the sport is more of a spicy citrus scent, and the Cologne a woody citrus scent. Frankly, I think that these should have all been released with different names. It's as if every scent that Chanel makes is an Allure Homme flanker. There is a common reference in all of them - a small accord that references back to the original. But it's pretty thin, and could easily pass for something like guerlinade. Perhaps this is Chanel's way of entering the massive over-launching of scents that everybody does nowadays, while seeming to be somehow above such undignified behavior. Smart.
    I like how AHS smells and I have tried it many times on skin and on paper but somehow I have not bought a bottle. I'm always telling myself that AHS will be the next purchase but I end up getting something else instead
    "A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

Versace pour homme all the way i have tried it many time and it really similar to AHS which i own, but next time when i want AHS i would go for VPH which save you alot of money and last a long time!

If I may suggest, ask for a gift card to Sephora or something similar. This way you can still check out other available scents without making a final purchase!
    I have: Davidoff Relax, Dior Homme Sport, Boss Selection, Azzaro Visit, and Creed MI (will provide # on bottle for verification) available.

Looking for the following: DG The One, Himalaya, YSL L'Homme, John Varvatos (not vintage) Canali For Men or Paypal.

Buy a NIB Chanel Allure Homme Sport on Ebay.

The price of a similar but slightly less expensive scent from a store will be about the same as the real thing from Ebay.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Allure sport is currently growing on me in a huge way. I'd say splurge and get it.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    Buy a NIB Chanel Allure Homme Sport on Ebay.
    The price of a similar but slightly less expensive scent from a store will be about the same as the real thing from Ebay.
    Isn't Ebay riddled with fakes, particularly Chanels?
    Tom Ford Splits!!!!
    Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Noir de Noir, Oud Wood
    Plum Japonais,
    Lavender Palm, Tobacco Oud, Café Rose, etc...

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

I bought some Chanel Allure Sport off ebay quite some time ago (don't know if it's fake or not).
    I remember having a sample of Nautica Competition and thinking that there were similarities.

I agree with Sokkou, just buy Allure Homme Sport, nothing that's identical to it.

i cant wait to test out CAHS, i have a feeling its going to be a buy next week if i can find it.
    i def need to work on my spring/summer wardrobe.
    Last edited by Torx; 7th March 2010 at 11:51 AM.
    Forcing Memories into Everyones Brains One Fragrance at a Time.

What is the difference between the two Chanel Pour Homme Sports? One is in the clear bottle and one is in the gray bottle.

I think you mean Chanel PH Sport (silver bottle) vs. Chanel PH Sport cologne (clear bottle)? The cologne is basically more citrusy.