Code of Conduct

Thumbs up AGONIST Parfums Nordique

A couple of months ago Grant posted an article on Swedish perfume house AGONIST whom had collaborated with glassmakers Kosta Boda to create some rather gobsmacking flacons.

I have had the pleasure of wearing The Infidel on and off for a couple of weeks now, and have to say I am truly wowed. Ive just written more about the line - and a review - on my blog.

As this line is available in NK in Stockholm, have we any other members that might have tried this?

If yes, please pipe up!

Default Re: AGONIST Parfums Nordique

Agonist were kind enough to send me a sample of The Infidels a couple of months back, which I gave to my mother to try. She loves it, but at 373 EURO it's way too much for her to pay. Normally I would treat her to expensive perfumes, but this is out of my range and I'd rather spend my money on the perfume itself and not a fancy bottle.
    It's a pity this doesn't come in something like a standard 50ml bottle as the scent is amazing and very long lasting, but I suppose the company wants to create limited editions, so they can cater for people who know they can afford to splash out on expensive perfume in posh bottles.

Thanks for the response Craig.
    The irony is that the €373 bottle you just spoke of is the "cheaper" edition. The original presentation of 2 bottles (pictured at the top of my link) cost in excess of €2000.
    All this aside, the perfume itself is a stunner. I have smelled more expensive Clive Christians that don't even come close to The Infidels.

Dimi, your blog is simply stunning.

Quote Originally Posted by jenson View Post
    Dimi, your blog is simply stunning.
    Why, thank you Jenson! I visited yours occasionally as well, but see it is on a permanent hiatus :-/

I've tried The Infidel and it's nice IMO. Not stellar, but nice. It started out interestingly dark and exciting and turned into a pleasant base. Not worth the money for me since you have to buy an expensive presentation (which I absolutely don't want to display or want to take up valuable space). There are refills, but it seems like they don't want to sell them unless you've bought the display earlier. I would consider purchasing a simple and less expensive bottle...

http://perfumenerd.blogspot.com/2010...-infidels.html

Swedish perfume blogger writes about The Infidels.

Yeah, I saw that link earlier.
    I dont know where her idea of there being oudh has come from. I agree with the author of that article in that the listed note of lavender is pretty much non-distinguishable to my nose as well. For me its all about the cumin and that delightful bergamot/magnolia/tonka mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    Why, thank you Jenson! I visited yours occasionally as well, but see it is on a permanent hiatus :-/
    lol the lazy bum tht i'm

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post

As this line is available in NK in Stockholm, have we any other members that might have tried this?

If yes, please pipe up!
    My friend Pelle from Basenotes knew about the perfume so we went down to the glass and silverware section at NK today to have a sniff. You really have to know what you're looking for since it is locked up in a glass display case. At first the staff thought we were supposed to be upstairs on the perfume floor but when we repeated the name Agonist they finally knew where to look.

The bottle for The Infidels was pretty stunning and it was the only version left. The other two bottle versions, The Infidel, were sold out because of their limited edition. The sample I was given through the dip of the small steel pin included with the bottle was so concentrated it still smells just as vibrant as it did a few hours ago. I bet I will still smell it tomorrow. It smells old school to my untrained nose. Heavy and extremely luxurious. I was taken by surprise as many have been by the intensity of it. All the other perfumes upstairs suddenly felt like diluted after shaves compared to this beast and it made me smile. I'm still smiling actually. This is great stuff and very different from the modern idea of how a fragrance should be. I won't try to deconstruct it since I still don't feel knowledgeable enough but I definately recommend a test for those who have a chance to do so. I wouldn't mind owning a few ml of it
    Last edited by quoth; 27th March 2010 at 08:48 PM.

Thanks to Dimmy, that kindly sent me a scent of Infidels, I'm wearing it today. My impression:
    Agonist uses this words to explain the passionate aura that Infidels have. The scent is centered on cumin, an intense and controversial cumin that sounds sexy and animalic at the same time. The opening has something citrusy and fruity, clean, bright, that opens the act for cumin shine throughout the evolution. It's a different beauty, a beauty that takes advantage of the passional, intense, almost repulsive side of cumin. It's a note that represents well the desire, almost loosing the control, something raw, dramatic, that demands your attention, but once you have fallen in it's spell, you can go back. Cumin represents well the uncontroled side of love, of passion. But infidels doesn't only use the intense, sweaty and animalic side of cumin. It also embodies the sweet and aromatic side that this note has, giving it a resinous, herbal, ambery base that it's focused, clear, and grow continuosly on skin, accentuating the sexy, but romantic side of the fragrance, the beauty that is hidden in this beast. This may not be for everyone, but the admirers of intense, dramatic fragrances will find here a great synesthesia of a beautil and desirable bottle with an intense, passionate juice.

I loved it, but it's more that i can afford I think that this one is linked to Kenzo Jungle Elephant, but more clear on the accords, without the excess details that turns jungle hard to love sometimes...

Quote Originally Posted by tott View Post
    I've tried The Infidel and it's nice IMO. Not stellar, but nice. It started out interestingly dark and exciting and turned into a pleasant base. Not worth the money for me since you have to buy an expensive presentation (which I absolutely don't want to display or want to take up valuable space). There are refills, but it seems like they don't want to sell them unless you've bought the display earlier. I would consider purchasing a simple and less expensive bottle...
    I think that sums it up nicely for me.