Code of Conduct

Default Designer scents with good ambergris (Live Jazz)

I have worn Live Jazz on a total of about six occasions. Each time I wear it I get a different take on it, or I smell something differen about it each time I wear it.

I am wearing it today, and more of it than usual (about 4 sprays as opposed to the usual 1 o r 2). And now I sense something in it I had not noticed before, a note that is increasingly prominent. I am thinking this is ambergris, but only because I don't know exactly what ambergris smells like. It is very good.

Can someone recommend other non-niche ambergris fragrances?

Default Re: Designer scents with good ambergris (Live Jazz)

Yes friend, I believe it is the Ambergris. I wore Live Jazz a few days ago with about 6 or 7 sprays cause It's still cold and way dry here in Utah where I live. The air has no humidity at all. Anyway.. Once it starts to dry down, you will be hit with a baseball bat of warm, heavy, thick ambergris. I can sense a tiny bit if sweetness and vanilla, but mostly just a heavy thick creamy warm note. I've always thought of Ambergris as natural MSG for fragrance. It boosts and thickens whatever it's mixed with. They have chemicals that do this too, but I think Live Jazz is pretty raw and natural for the most part.

Oh yeah, you can see all fragrances with Ambergris if you click on Ambergris in the note pyramid on the Live Jazz page. Here are some that have it that might be good for you to try.

Azzaro PH
    Bulgari Eau Parfumée au Thé Blanc
    Vetiver Dance
    D&G The One for Men
    Davidoff Cool Water Frozen
    Kenneth Cole Black
    Last edited by FlexYoFace; 26th March 2010 at 06:37 PM.

YSL Kouros Cologne Sport

Eau de Merveilles by Hermes has a good dose of ambergris. It's really enjoyable. Kind of like musky, salty beach skin and a dash of lemonade.
    Sales thread here

Quote Originally Posted by L'aventurier View Post
    Eau de Merveilles by Hermes has a good dose of ambergris. It's really enjoyable. Kind of like musky, salty beach skin and a dash of lemonade.
    +1
    If you want ambergris, this a must try. Out of all the fragrances i have tried, it has the most natural smelling ambergris.

Another good one to try is Ferre's Bergamotto Marino.

http://www.peredepierre.com/2009/02/...nco-ferre.html
    Last edited by ajmc; 26th March 2010 at 11:39 PM.
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson