Code of Conduct
    Hillaire

Default SACREBLEU for Men

My boyfriend has just discovered he enjoys wearing Patricia Nicolai's beautiful amber and vanilla Oriental Sacrebleu. And it's DIVINE on him. I had not thought of it myself, but it seems so obvious now that it should be explored by men.

Especially with all the talk about less interesting, less good-quality (MO) amber and vanilla scents like Ambre Fetiche and Ambre Gris and Havana Vanille.

Please do try this one. It's so interesting with a tarry smoky accord and a complex, almost, just-almost chypric development, and it's incredibly-heated, heady amber drydown.

Have any gentlemen here already discovered this beauty? What are your thoughts on it?

Default Re: SACREBLEU for Men

Sounds like the kind of frag I like. In fact, I've been "experimenting," trying to create the "perfect" amber frag for myself. I've combined Etro's Ambra with some tobacco frags (like Bogart Pour Homme and Michael for Men), because I like the naturalness of the Ambra but want to make it more complex and containing a tobacco note in the drydown. I'm letting it blend together now, lightly shaking it every day. I'll probably give it a full wearing within the next week.
    Last edited by Bigsly; 27th March 2010 at 04:05 AM.

PdN makes some good stuff.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hillaire View Post
    My boyfriend has just discovered he enjoys wearing Patricia Nicolai's beautiful amber and vanilla Oriental Sacrebleu. And it's DIVINE on him. I had not thought of it myself, but it seems so obvious now that it should be explored by men.

Especially with all the talk about less interesting, less good-quality (MO) amber and vanilla scents like Ambre Fetiche and Ambre Gris and Havana Vanille.

Please do try this one. It's so interesting with a tarry smoky accord and a complex, almost, just-almost chypric development, and it's incredibly-heated, heady amber drydown.

Have any gentlemen here already discovered this beauty? What are your thoughts on it?
    Is he wearing the regular or the Intense version?
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

Male irato ferrum committitur.
    It is an evil thing to arm an angry man.
    —Seneca

Hillaire

Quote Originally Posted by JaimeB View Post
    Is he wearing the regular or the Intense version?
    It's the regular version.

Basenotes Plus

Thanks for the heads up, Hillaire. Sounds terrific.

Blog Entries

Hummmmm, I will have to look into this fragrance.

Yum! Must try!
    I'm not your toy.

It's a real winner!

I've tried Sacrebleu from a Luckyscent sample. I dumped the sucker into a tiny atomizer and I spritzed away. I don't know exactly what I was expecting, but I'll tell you one thing...I did not expect another Loukhom fragrance! I was surprised by the sheer sweetness and powderyness of the thing. It smelt somewhat similiar to the Lutens but with more of heliotrope and cherry. I was actually surprised to how close it smelt like heliotrope absolute! It's not my thing, but I see how appealing it would be for fans of this genre.

EDIT: I can't help but feel perplexed by my review and impression. Based on the reviews in the directory and yours Hillaire, I can't help but wonder if I got a wrong sample? And no, it wasn't KM's Loukhom, that one is embedded in my mind as being too-achingly sweet!
    So does anyone who have tried it, get the same impression I did?
    Last edited by scent; 27th March 2010 at 09:18 PM.

Hillaire

I think it's sweet, but not sweeter at all than say Ambre Gris or even MKK. And I don't get flowers in it as a few do. I don't get any floral presence at all.

As for your impression Scent, I do get a cinna-cherry bit at the head, but it's fleeting and the development reveals depth and warmth, with no powdery goo-like, linear KM vibe at all. Maybe it merits another try? Dunno.

And N_Tesla, you are going to love this one!
    Last edited by Hillaire; 28th March 2010 at 04:02 AM.

Blog Entries

Sorry. Late to this discussion. Just found it. Right on to your boyfriend, Hillaire! Find what you like and wear it! Of course it doesn't hurt that it's one of PdN's gorgeously refined beauties. I have so little intrinsic gender affiliation with any fragrance that I might be a poor judge of how Sacrebleu suits a man, but a lovely fragrance on someone who enjoys wearing it is a winning combo. And the confidence of a straight man to wear something delicate and lovey is a wonderful thought. And lucky you!
    jtd