Code of Conduct

Default How many sprays of Aramis Havana?

I just bought a bottle of Aramis Havana and it came in today. The initial spray is very strong but dries down to something beautiful. The dry down seems to kill the sillage. How many sprays do you guys use and how is the projection/sillage of this cologne?

Default Re: How many sprays of Aramis Havana?

Mike, start with four shots. See how that goes for the day. Adjust up or down as you see fit. Sometimes you might want six. Remember, tomorrow is another day, and if you get too much on a day, well shoot, nothing to do but man the day through. Anyone comments, you say "yeah, this stuff sure is powerful--I just got it and it's not like anything I'm familiar with. Good thing tomorrow is another day, isn't it?"
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Quote Originally Posted by DustB View Post
    Mike, start with four shots. See how that goes for the day. Adjust up or down as you see fit. Sometimes you might want six. Remember, tomorrow is another day, and if you get too much on a day, well shoot, nothing to do but man the day through. Anyone comments, you say "yeah, this stuff sure is powerful--I just got it and it's not like anything I'm familiar with. Good thing tomorrow is another day, isn't it?"
    Yeah I will start off with 4. That seems the safest for now. I cannot ask for others opinions this weekend because I am stuck dog sitting with no one around. I could always ask the dog right? Anyway I did spray 3 on my neck and seemed to get no sillage or projection except for the first 10 minutes or so. After that it died down quickly! I don't know if this cologne is me but I expected much more sillage! Maybe this thrives in hotter climates?

try spraying them lower on your body
    I would say spray 1-2 on your neck and one to the lower body and maybe one on each forearm
    that should increase sillage
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

Quote Originally Posted by Hasupk@gmail.com View Post
    try spraying them lower on your body
    I would say spray 1-2 on your neck and one to the lower body and maybe one on each forearm
    that should increase sillage
    That is exactly what I did the first time I wore it. One on eacg forearm and 2 sprays on the neck. Maybe it is better to ask others if they can smell it?

Try spraying more on your chest and less on your neck. The problem could be that since the neck is so close to your nose, your getting too much of the scent early on and olfactory fatigue could have set in...

Quote Originally Posted by KMF View Post
    Try spraying more on your chest and less on your neck. The problem could be that since the neck is so close to your nose, your getting too much of the scent early on and olfactory fatigue could have set in...
    I could try that. The sprays I put on my wrists about 2 hours ago already have no scent to me. I can barely smell anything. I am really really hoping my senses were fatigued and this is not how the fragrance reacts to my skin. I love the dry down but if this does not last on me I will be very disappointed.

With Havana, perhaps more than any other fragrance I know of, there is a big difference in how close I spray it. If I spray very close to the skin, I almost never feel like I get to that wonderful dry down. If I spray far away, I seem to get there very quickly. If I spray enough (at least 4) I can enjoy it all day

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower View Post
    With Havana, perhaps more than any other fragrance I know of, there is a big difference in how close I spray it. If I spray very close to the skin, I almost never feel like I get to that wonderful dry down. If I spray far away, I seem to get there very quickly. If I spray enough (at least 4) I can enjoy it all day
    Well the dry down is not the problem. It's the fact that it seems like I am not getting sillage or longevity. I guess I will wear it to college Monday and see what kind of reactions I get.

I agree with 4, this one is strong

I usually use 3 sprays and then refresh later if it dies down too much.

Quote Originally Posted by mrclmind View Post
    I usually use 3 sprays and then refresh later if it dies down too much.
    I used about four today. How long does it last on you and is the sillage good on you? Maybe I am just overestimating but it seems Body Kouros lasts longer on me...

Quote Originally Posted by mike1990 View Post
    I used about four today. How long does it last on you and is the sillage good on you? Maybe I am just overestimating but it seems Body Kouros lasts longer on me...
    Are you using the old one or the reformulated one? They both smell very similar, but the new one has weaker longevity on me than the vintage one. The initial sillage from the top notes lasts about 30 minutes, then the middle notes last about 3 or 4 hours. All in all I get about 6 to 8 hours before it becomes a pure skin scent (depending on if it is sprayed on exposed skin, under clothing or on fabric).

Quote Originally Posted by mrclmind View Post
    Are you using the old one or the reformulated one? They both smell very similar, but the new one has weaker longevity on me than the vintage one. The initial sillage from the top notes lasts about 30 minutes, then the middle notes last about 3 or 4 hours. All in all I get about 6 to 8 hours before it becomes a pure skin scent (depending on if it is sprayed on exposed skin, under clothing or on fabric).
    I am using the one from the Gentlemens collection which is the new one. I bought from Neiman Marcus. The top notes are definitely strong but after that it dies down so quickly on my skin. I do not have this problem with any of the other colognes. Maybe I was just expecting this to be a sillage and longevity monster and it clearly is not.