Code of Conduct

Default Daniel Vaudd's Mens Rea - The Guilty Mind

I have finally had the chance to give this new edp for men a full wearing.

As regular visitors to Basenotes will remember, Daniel Vaudd was featured on a Basenotes Front Page story a couple of months ago. Now his full line has been launched. I reviewed his women's scents on the Women's forum a couple of weeks ago.

Daniel is obsessed with the Chypre category of perfumery, and his obsession works wonders with the scents that he has created.

His Mens Rea - The Guilty Mind is a very high quality chypre for men and it is in edp strength too. It is a floral chypre, but not fluffy bunny pink flowers floral, this stuff grabs you and you know that it's a men's scent, although I am quite sure that it would smell stunning on a woman as well, and ladies, if you smell this on your man, it will make even more bedable...it is one of the sexiest men's fragrances that I have had the pleasure of wearing. It's 6 hours since I put it on, and I can still smell it.

The notes that Daniel lists for this sexy juice are....oceanic notes (I missed those thank goodness, so they are very fleeting), Lily of the Valley, White Blossoms, Ambrette seed, Jasmine and Tuberose Absolutes, Seaweed, Labdanum, Orris and Vetiver.

After looking at the notes, I was expecting it smell a little similar to Richard James' first scent, but no, this is unique....and VERY sexy. Guys, go and buy some, you won't regret it.
    Last edited by Prince Barry; 27th March 2010 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Spelling mistake
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

Default Re: Daniel Vaudd's Mens Rea - The Guilty Mind

Received my EDP sample a couple of days ago.
    It's certainly an unusual smell, it doesn't smell sexy to me, but I may stick this on tonight as I'm going down town, so let's see if it's a babe magnet.
    I'd definitely say sample this range first.