Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Chanel No. 19 and the Ultimate Dilemma

Chanel No 19 is marketed to women and many find it to be suitable for men as well.

I have tried both the parfum and the EdT versions of Chanel No. 19, and to my nose they are distinctly different with the former being much more floral. I have the current EdT version and, although it doesn't have the softness and depth of the vintage EdT I used to own, I still love it! Though, quite different than 19, I get a similar vibe from Estée Lauder Private Collection; another vibrant green fragrance. You may want to sample that one, although IMHO the No. 19 is more unisex.
    Good luck and happy hunting! [Glad you like the EdP.]
    Last edited by Lyndy Hop; 12th May 2010 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc View Post
    Oh, but he will ... he hopes it arrives today!
    But as I've told you, I've bought an EdP for myself,
    and adore it to death, so I reckon it would be the
    same with yours.
    And, BTW, now I feel even more ashamed, that I've
    bought my own, with a sample from you on the way,
    now that I know, you only had a sample yourself.
    You are too genouros (sp?)!
    You punish yourself unnecessarily, Djinn! My "tester" is 100 ml.
    ...the decants haven't got there YET? Boy, Danish customs must be tough, that was a small package that really shouldn't have raised any questions at all.

(but go ahead and pile on the praise, I don't mind! )
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

Quote Originally Posted by Lyndy Hop View Post
    I have tried both the parfum and the EdT versions of Chanel No. 19, and to my nose they are distinctly different with the former being much more floral. I have the current EdT version and, although it doesn't have the softness and depth of the vintage EdT I used to own, I still love it! Though, quite different than 19, I get a similar vibe from Estée Lauder Private Collection; another vibrant green fragrance. You may want to sample that one, although IMHO the No. 19 is more unisex.
    Good luck and happy hunting! [Glad you like the EdP.]
    Yeah, when I was choosing between the EdP and EdT versions, I felt that the EdT was sharper, fresher and less interesting (for a fragrance fan) than the EdP, but it also makes it more wearable for a dude. I also like that there's a little bit less of a soapy accord in EdT.

Quote Originally Posted by tott View Post
    Chanel No 19 is marketed to women and many find it to be suitable for men as well.
    Right, and there isn't anything particularly "girly" about it. Really well done, especially the EdP.

Quote Originally Posted by Emlynevermore View Post
    Right, and there isn't anything particularly "girly" about it. Really well done, especially the EdP.
    Well, the floral notes do make it rather feminine. Compared to Grey Flannel, they are both super green, but 19 definitely feels more feminine because it lacks the the sharp and herbal edge of Grey Flannel. That said, I'll wear it nevertheless.