Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default HELP! Trying to open up some older bottles

I've got some older bottles that I'd like to open, is there a way to do this without sawing off the top? I'd like to switch them over to smaller atomizers so I can take them around with me. I've taken off the top of my Diesel Green with scissors surprisingly.. I just kept rocking it back and forth and it eventually came off (though very jagged). Plus I hate the sprayer on the Green so this also helped. To clarify.. I'm trying to remove the circular metal thing that looks pinched on the bottom.

May there's a special tool I can use?
    Last edited by The_Cologneist; 27th March 2010 at 08:05 PM.

Default Re: HELP! Trying to open up some older bottles

I think that once a cap's crimped on, it's only a destructive method like pliars or scissors that's going to get it off. You can decant into atomisers without removing the spray mechanism either by spraying straight into it (using little squirts so it more dribbles than sprays) or by spraying via a small stainless steel funnel. There's also the Travalo atomiser, which fills from the tube you get when you pop the spray head/nozzle off. That's not a cheap option if you have more than a few to do though.

Do a google search for 'perfume decanting' and you should get some more info up.
    Last edited by Petra Ichor; 28th March 2010 at 12:32 PM.

Default Re: HELP! Trying to open up some older bottles

I once used an ice pick type of tool to punch a hole into the tube (so that the tube fell into the liquid below, leaving a hole there), after taking off the nozzle. Then you just let it flow into a dish and use a pipette to transfer it to the new bottle. In my case, the bottle in question had the tube that was underneath the nozzle sheared off on one side, so there wasn't much else to do.
    Last edited by Bigsly; 28th March 2010 at 07:27 PM.