13 56.52%
  • summer

2 8.70%
  • spring

7 30.43%
  • all seasons

10 43.48%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Default Burberry Brit, strictly cold weather or...?

I tried it properly today. It is quite thick, rosey, tad powdery. It would seem to me this scent behaves better in colder days, but how does it ˝behave˝ in summer evenings? Do you see it as strictly winter/autumn scent or it can be pulled off well during warmer days, with lighter application of course?

Default Re: Burberry Brit, strictly cold weather or...?

I really like this fragrance and wear it all year round.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

It seems to me that it depends upon application, for instance, one can pull of Le Male during summer as well, Lancome Hypnose - no problem, Xeryus Rouge - hell yeah, Kouros - so I heard as well. It would seem Burberry Brit goes side by side with these mentioned, in this when to wear aspect. I always like to hear opinions here, though.
    Last edited by Zgb; 27th March 2010 at 07:42 AM.

quite a few votes, but all season wins by a margin for now...come on ppl, click some more...

The best time to wear Burberry's Brit is..I'm gonna have to say sum.. NEVER

You don't like it, so what, nor the first nor the last. There is no scent that is loved by everyone, there'll always be few who will dislike...

I am sorry I tried Brit, I really tried to give it a chance but it smells like baby powder. I just cannot get into this fragrance but that is my opinion, the ladies like it and most people do not mind it at all.

My vote goes to autumn ....

I like it in all but very warm weather

Autumn and winter got my vote, but you mentioned it in one of your first posts: it all depends on application. If you want to wear it all year round, just spray less in spring and summer.
    Last edited by Desmond Hume; 28th March 2010 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBond007 View Post
    I am sorry I tried Brit, I really tried to give it a chance but it smells like baby powder. I just cannot get into this fragrance but that is my opinion, the ladies like it and most people do not mind it at all.
    I totally get you, there are scents that a lot of ppl and girls like that I can't stand at all. Fahrenheit and Egoiste Platinum fall in that category for me.

I see it being used in all seasons.

Sur la Plage

It is good for anytime you want to wear it.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Brit is fresh in initial blast, but very fast turns into powdery rose wich appeals to me greatly and wich made me reconsdier its use during warm weather. Dry summer evening with just one spray might be ok, but in colder weather this scent would stand out much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Zgb View Post
    I totally get you, there are scents that a lot of ppl and girls like that I can't stand at all. Fahrenheit and Egoiste Platinum fall in that category for me.
    I like Fahrenheit, it is very masculine and mature and Plat egoiste is OK at best I think it is WAYYYYY overrated and the ladies seem to like it. I am not seeing it. Probably one of the most overrated colognes ever.

That makes sooo much sense. I love the smell of baby powder. I even bought a container of it, just to smell. No wonder I like Brit so much !
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

I like Fahrenheit, it is very masculine and mature and Plat egoiste is OK at best I think it is WAYYYYY overrated and the ladies seem to like it. I am not seeing it. Probably one of the most overrated colognes ever.
    Those two make me gag, but I consider them a high quality fragrances, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    That makes sooo much sense. I love the smell of baby powder. I even bought a container of it, just to smell. No wonder I like Brit so much !
    to each his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    If that works for you that is great. A lot of people love brit it just smells too much like baby powder for me. Some people love those notes, I personally love tobacco,woods and leather where some people might not like it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Zgb View Post
    Those two make me gag, but I consider them a high quality fragrances, though.

they are well made I will agree to that.

I just recently relegated Brit to my Ready For The Thrift Store list, having gotten tired of the powderiness. I would have only worn it in winter and possibly fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbeard View Post
    I just recently relegated Brit to my Ready For The Thrift Store list, having gotten tired of the powderiness. I would have only worn it in winter and possibly fall.
    indeed, the thought occured to me when I tried it. Votes in the poll are quite interesting. I think I'll wait for autumn or winter and add Brit to my collection then.
    Last edited by Zgb; 28th March 2010 at 08:40 PM.