Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: Surrati - Tom Oud - a gorgeous oud oil from KSA

Quote Originally Posted by ohhmygod View Post
    Have you guys tested any of the Surratis yet?
    Unfortunately, I wasn't able to go yesterday to se Surrati. I'll report back the minute I come back from downtown. I'm also very curious. Cheers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cbstarker View Post
    Really? I think this stuff is horrid. As mentioned in the opening post, Tom Oud has some white musk, too much I might add. It dominates the opening and covers the oud. It's completely without tact. Oud Wood, however, is subtle from the top and fantastic til the end. Even if it only lasts a few hours, it smells so much better than the rip-off. This stuff is like trying to remove the color from beer...it's unnatural! If this is supposed to have good longevity, I'm going to scrub before it's too late, it's blech!
    I applied it again last night and perceived the opening that you were talking about. I guess the first day I was in such shock of it being an oil and did not see it. For the $50 it cost, it's not much to have something to use when going to bed. Like I said before, I don't think this is an exact copy not even close to being as good to Oud Wood, but it gives an option at 1/6 the price. However, I still think this would be something good to go to bed with. Besides, we need to hydrate our skin and what better way that to applying a little oil. But I guess I am not very picky. I may need to start refining my nose. lol
    Love someone today and it will come back to you ten folds

Post Thanks / Like

Hows the oudy woody thing going guys ????

And the Surrati too ?
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, the suspense is killing me about this Oudy Woody. Hoping to read some positive reviews about it!

I have tried Surrati's Oudy Woody - it has a distinctly WOOD base - it opens with the smell of freshly cut Wood bark - mixed with a smoother Oud - its applied as a spray and has a medium lasting power (usual for sprays). Dries down to a more typical oud cambodian type finish -- I like it and use it a lot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mikeysmyth View Post
    I have tried Surrati's Oudy Woody - it has a distinctly WOOD base - it opens with the smell of freshly cut Wood bark - mixed with a smoother Oud - its applied as a spray and has a medium lasting power (usual for sprays). Dries down to a more typical oud cambodian type finish -- I like it and use it a lot.
    Does it smell like Surrati Tom Oud or Tom Ford Oud Wood ?
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

I ordered this blind based on the recommendations in here. I've never smelled Tom Ford Oud, but this stuff is simply gorgeous. I love the drydown which has a hint of Amouage Jublilation XXV to my nose. Very nice stuff at a bargain price. :-)

I just ordered 1 tola from Zahras for $17. They also have their version of Montale's Black Aoud which I'll try next time.

Post Thanks / Like

Which one is the version of Black Aoud ?

"No Pain, No Gain"

Quote Originally Posted by ohhmygod View Post
    Which one is the version of Black Aoud ?
    They have updated their pdf list. Open the Surrati list and go to the middle of page 9.

Quote Originally Posted by fperdices View Post
    They also have their version of Montale's Black Aoud which I'll try next time.
    So ... Has anyone tried it yet?

I finally managed to smell Tom Ford Oud in Nieman Marcus. The Tom Oud, which I've now had for several weeks and worn several times is indeed a dead ringer for it. It's definitely a great bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by abzr88 View Post
    So ... Has anyone tried it yet?
    (hello all from a newb!)

I was looking for reviews on the surrati black aoud here too... I love the montale black aoud but it's way out of my price range right now for a full bottle. The surrati seems like a good alternative and I might just take a gamble given the tom ford reviews written here!

Post Thanks / Like

Well i just purchased 10 Al Rehab oils from zahras, and requested samples of Black Aoud, Tom Oudh, and Tom Tuscan Leather. Ill Post after i try.

This is great news, I can't wait to hear what you think of them. I haven't gotten around to making an order yet but I was just looking at the black aoud again yesterday. I'm sure there will be quite a few people interested in your review.

By the way, I love Al Rehab's oils, we have some good arabic ebay sellers here in the UK so we can easily buy small amounts to try . You should try a few of the inexpensive Al Haramain oils too. I adore the sandalwood, it's wondefully rich and woody.

Quote Originally Posted by spiral View Post
    ...By the way, I love Al Rehab's oils, we have some good arabic ebay sellers...
    Care to share the names of the users with us? Have you tired a store called Islamic Impressions they have shops all over the UK and you can go in and smell the oils before you buy them.
    Last edited by abzr88; 2nd January 2011 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mdtroyer View Post
    Well i just purchased 10 Al Rehab oils from zahras, and requested samples of Black Aoud, Tom Oudh, and Tom Tuscan Leather. Ill Post after i try.
    Cant wait, thanks a lot mate.

Quote Originally Posted by abzr88 View Post
    Care to share the names of the users with us? Have you tired a store called Islamic Impressions they have shops all over the UK and you can go in and smell the oils before you buy them.
    I hadn't heard of them, thanks for the link!

I was under the impression we shouldn't link to ebay sellers... There are a couple of ebay sellers who get mentioned in basenotes quite often, I've used them and they're good. If you type MOROCCAN AMBER into ebay search you should find the seller I like the best, they have some lovely Al Haramain and Ajmal perfume oils in 3ml rollerballs, perfect for sampling.

Post Thanks / Like

Well Asked for some recommendations for oud oils from the people at Zahra's and they sent me back four oils and two sprays.

For Oud oils here are our recommendations:

Rasasi Dhaneloudh Cambodi - $52
    Swiss Arabian Dehn El Oud Mubarak - $45
    Swiss Arabian Biladi - $60
    Swiss Arabian Dehn el Ood Shurouq - $60

You may also consider Oud Sprays - they are espcially nice:

Rasasi Dhan Al Oudh Al Safwa $39
    Rasasi Dhan Al Oudh Al Nokhba $40

Just wondering if anybody has tried any of these. I am looking for a relatively inexpensive way to try what real oud should smell like, and just want to know if any of these would cut it?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to downtown Riyadh this morning to try to find the local Surrati showroom. I have an address, but that means little over here...looking to pick up some Tom Oud, Oudy Woody and any other interesting oils/scents. Will let you know how I go!

Post Thanks / Like

Success! Found the Surrati store, and bought a Tom Oud and Oudy Woody.

From the initial sniff, I wasn't overly impressed with the Tom Oud, but once it dries on the skin, it really does shine. Looking forward to wearing this.

Now I've found the store, I'll no doubt be going back for more - they had hundreds of other types....

Post Thanks / Like

I've been skeptical of this line, as I am with all low end perfumes. But to be fair I've never tried them.

Would you mind, thecentennial, next time you are in the shop, asking if they have a shop in Khobar or Dammam? I haven't been able to find the Surrati oils in this area.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noggs View Post
    I've been skeptical of this line, as I am with all low end perfumes. But to be fair I've never tried them.

Would you mind, thecentennial, next time you are in the shop, asking if they have a shop in Khobar or Dammam? I haven't been able to find the Surrati oils in this area.
    According to their wonderful website, they have a shop in Dammam.

Name: Dammam

Address: Wholesale Market

Phone: 03-8336699

City: Dammam

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thecentennial View Post
    According to their wonderful website, they have a shop in Dammam.
    Thanks. I had tried their website several months ago and couldn't get much out of it. They must've improved it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noggs View Post
    Thanks. I had tried their website several months ago and couldn't get much out of it. They must've improved it.
    No - it's still sh*t.

AromiErotici

Success! Found the Surrati store, and bought a Tom Oud and Oudy Woody.

From the initial sniff, I wasn't overly impressed with the Tom Oud, but once it dries on the skin, it really does shine. Looking forward to wearing this.

Now I've found the store, I'll no doubt be going back for more - they had hundreds of other types....
    How would you describe the Oudy Woody? Did you like it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AromiErotici View Post
    How would you describe the Oudy Woody? Did you like it?
    Let me wear it and I'll post an update. Initial smell from the spray card were good, but I'd like to get it on some skin before I comment.

AromiErotici

Let me wear it and I'll post an update. Initial smell from the spray card were good, but I'd like to get it on some skin before I comment.
    Sounds good. I've been holding off on a blind buy with this for quite awhile.

I went downtown here in Dubai to see if Surati was known, and soon forgot all about brand names because this Oud Wood oil copy was all over the market along with many other TF frags. I was gifted a bottle of Oud Wood a while back and I guess the duplicates were very close to it. This duplication business is horrible IMO. It cheapens the good stuff you pay dearly to.

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone tested Surrati's oil version of Tuscan Leather? I'd love to hear a comparison between it and the real stuff.
    "Smell with your nose, not your ears".

ACJIGGA'S FAVORITES - Neil Morris Takashimaya, Vero Profumo Mito, Xerjoff Nio, Xerjoff 1861, Creed Green Irish Tweed, Creed Aventus, Calvin Klein Eternity for Men (vintage), Sonoma Scent Studio Champagne de Bois, Opus Oils Mother EDP, YSL Opium Pour Homme EDP, Slumberhouse Jeke, Comme des Garcons Kyoto, Acqua di Parma Intensa Oud & Xerjoff Gao

Post Thanks / Like

No - it's still sh*t.
    No, it's worlds different and far better than it was. It was a real mess and had literally no information on it before.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post
    No, it's worlds different and far better than it was. It was a real mess and had literally no information on it before.
    www.surratiperfumes.com is better

www.surratiperfumes.net is sh*t

They should take down the .net

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AromiErotici View Post
    Sounds good. I've been holding off on a blind buy with this for quite awhile.
    Well, I tried the oudy woody on the weekend - I'm not familiar with all the jargon used on this site, so be lenient.

The initial burst is definitely a strong, almost pure oud, which smothers any other notes in the fragrance for at least the first 30 minutes. It not an unpleasant oud, though if you wear too much it can almost take on the fecal smell many are familiar with. I learned to go easy with the number of sprays. After about an hour, the oud smoothed out and the woods and spices started to come through - not complex, fairly even.

Longevity on me was great, lasted 12-14 hours easily, still detectable the next day. Sillage is also strong. My wife is an oud hater - so no love for me that day. All windows opened in house, driving in the car you'd think I was a 6 feet 4 giant turd - the look on her face...!

It's a keeper, though to be used sparingly and in the right circumstances.

BTW, the Tom Oud oil is a very good copy of the real thing. I tried a sample at the local Debenhams yesterday. The Tom Oud oil has more of a mint note to it (?) and a little less floral, but when it tones down on the skin it really does smell like the real deal. It's made me want to buy the genuine (any sellers...?).

Being a distributor for Surrati in the USA , I get lots of info from the people at Surrati. Oudy Woody is a very popular pefumes. It is a mix of Cambodian Oud and another fragrance called as Teejan . Surrati sells Teejan as a separate fragrance in itself.

Teejan a.k.a Jannat a.k.a Saif Al Hind is the base note in Oudy Woody which has extreme longevity. This fragrance has mettalic and amber tone. It was supposedly the best selling fragrance in Saudi Arabia during the pilgrimage season when more than 5 million people gather from around the world in Mecca.

Oudy Woody has no resemblence to Tom Ford's Oud Wood.

Post Thanks / Like

Not to further derail the thread, but I wanted to pipe in about Oudy Woody. I got a bottle from Zahra and it's really very nice, especially considering the price. The bottle quality is junk though, since half of it had leaked out in the trip, even dissolving part of the cap where it had leaked out. Zahra said they'd make it right on my next order, so I really need to order something from there again before it's too long and too late.

It's pretty close to Arabian Oud's Woody, well at least the special edition version that I picked up, but at a fraction of the cost.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

AromiErotici

Well, I tried the oudy woody on the weekend - I'm not familiar with all the jargon used on this site, so be lenient.

The initial burst is definitely a strong, almost pure oud, which smothers any other notes in the fragrance for at least the first 30 minutes. It not an unpleasant oud, though if you wear too much it can almost take on the fecal smell many are familiar with. I learned to go easy with the number of sprays. After about an hour, the oud smoothed out and the woods and spices started to come through - not complex, fairly even.

Longevity on me was great, lasted 12-14 hours easily, still detectable the next day. Sillage is also strong. My wife is an oud hater - so no love for me that day. All windows opened in house, driving in the car you'd think I was a 6 feet 4 giant turd - the look on her face...!

It's a keeper, though to be used sparingly and in the right circumstances.

BTW, the Tom Oud oil is a very good copy of the real thing. I tried a sample at the local Debenhams yesterday. The Tom Oud oil has more of a mint note to it (?) and a little less floral, but when it tones down on the skin it really does smell like the real deal. It's made me want to buy the genuine (any sellers...?).
    Quote Originally Posted by miskshoppe View Post
    Being a distributor for Surrati in the USA , I get lots of info from the people at Surrati. Oudy Woody is a very popular pefumes. It is a mix of Cambodian Oud and another fragrance called as Teejan . Surrati sells Teejan as a separate fragrance in itself.

Teejan a.k.a Jannat a.k.a Saif Al Hind is the base note in Oudy Woody which has extreme longevity. This fragrance has mettalic and amber tone. It was supposedly the best selling fragrance in Saudi Arabia during the pilgrimage season when more than 5 million people gather from around the world in Mecca.

Oudy Woody has no resemblence to Tom Ford's Oud Wood.
    Thank you both for the reviews and descriptions.

AromiErotici

Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post
    Not to further derail the thread, but I wanted to pipe in about Oudy Woody. I got a bottle from Zahra and it's really very nice, especially considering the price. The bottle quality is junk though, since half of it had leaked out in the trip, even dissolving part of the cap where it had leaked out. Zahra said they'd make it right on my next order, so I really need to order something from there again before it's too long and too late.

It's pretty close to Arabian Oud's Woody, well at least the special edition version that I picked up, but at a fraction of the cost.
    Thanks jrd4t. I was wondering about the bottle images I have seen and they never looked full.

Any update on Oudy Woody?

Zahras have small decants, 1 tola (wich means 12ml), for a reasonable price, 17usd, i think i will get both (Tom Aoud and Tuscany Leather)!

More recommendations from surrati? (they have homage from various blends, including Montale Black Aoud)

Mukhallat Faris and Mukhallat Badr Ad-dhabi are 2 new fragrances from Surrati. unfotunately they are available only as decants. I have 100 gms ( 4 oz) for both at $ 25 and $ 30 each respectively + shipping )

I have Tom Oud ( 4 Oz by weight ) for $ 50 with free shipping .

Also have Oudy Woody spray by surrati for $ 30+ shipping

www.miskshoppe.com

Just thought I would mention this. I purchased Oudy Woody over a year ago and never really was sold on it. Started to use again a month ago. I have been having nothing but compliments form the women in my office. I tried to confuse them with the Tom Oud from Surrati but they were definite it is the Oudy Woody they like. They are now able to pick it out when I wear it.

I bought from zahras:

1) Tom Oudh 12ml = $17
    2) Tuscany Leather 12ml = $17
    3) Surrati Black Aoud 12ml = $20
    4) Swiss Arabian Mukhallat Malaki 1 - 12ml = $25
    Shipping $13
    Total - $92

Not a great deal, and all blid (except black aoud, that i bought to know if the homage is better and longlasting than the original)

I will back here when they arrive

I bought from zahras:

1) Tom Oudh 12ml = $17
    Shipping $13
    Total - $92

Not a great deal, and all blid (except black aoud, that i bought to know if the homage is better and longlasting than the original)

Post Thanks / Like

Last Fall, while working through a 4ml sampler of TF Oud Wood, I bought a tola of Ajaml Musk Ghazelle II and a 100ml bottle of Surrati's Oudy Woody from Zahras. Samples included Surrati's Black Oudh and Tom Oudh.

Call me a philistine, but the good thing about not having such a discerning nose:
    - tom oudh is 'close enough' to the TF for my purposes
    - black oudh is 'close enough' to Montale's (yes I have a bottle)
    - all, whether TF or Surrati, resonate to the lab synthetic Oud/Agarwood one can get from places like perfumer's apprentice. real oud - agarwood oil sourced from reputable places referred to in the group discussions area of this site have an altogether different smell.

I went back for more Oudy Woody. At $27/per bottle, I liked it enough to have some fun with it and will likely be experimenting and adulterating portions with rose oils etc. in the future. The funny thing is, you can expect answers up and down the spectrum with such subjectivity. Check it out for yourselves.

And please don't get me wrong. If you possess a good nose maybe the TF and only the TF will give you the satisfaction you're looking for in this scent.
    Last edited by DuNezDeBuzier; 13th June 2011 at 08:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DuNezDeBuzier View Post

I went back for more Oudy Woody. At $27/per bottle, I liked it enough to have some fun with it and will likely be experimenting and adulterating portions with rose oils etc. in the future.
    2 questions if you don't mind

1. Would you say the Surrati Tom Oudh is brighter or darker (higher pitched or lower pitched) than the Tom Ford ? Or is the difference along the lines of sweetness ?

2. Is there any scent (or stage of a scent) you feel "Oudy Woody" could be compared to ? The basenote is more sweet and smooth or more dry and dusty ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    1. Would you say the Surrati Tom Oudh is brighter or darker (higher pitched or lower pitched) than the Tom Ford ? Or is the difference along the lines of sweetness ?
    Honestly, my nose cannot or has not yet developed an ability to tell such a difference, that is assuming such a difference does in fact exist. Rather farkin close. That's my story and I'm stickin to it, hehe. PM sent btw.

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    2. Is there any scent (or stage of a scent) you feel "Oudy Woody" could be compared to ? The basenote is more sweet and smooth or more dry and dusty ?
    Here's where I run the risk of getting a virtual tar & feathering and run outta town... from a sample, I threw a couple sprays of Amouge Epic Man on a couple of weeks ago and the first thing that popped into my head was a very toned down Oudy Woody vibe. I'd go so far as to say that to me Oudy Woody is a rough, strong, linear blast-that-lasts of Epic's fine open.
    Last edited by DuNezDeBuzier; 15th June 2011 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    I bought from zahras:

1) Tom Oudh 12ml = $17
    Shipping $13
    Total - $92

I received yesterday my 1 tola bottles of CPO, (Concentrate Parfum Oils, or Pure Parfum). I only take a sniff from the bottles, i did not use it yet.

I found Black Oud by Surrati very close to the Montale Black Aoud, at least in the sniif at the bottle.
    I liked the others too, but i dont know the originals to compare.

Tom Oudh is very woodsy and sweet, i liked a lot, my favorite from the oils that i received.
    Tuscany Leather has good quality, but i did not liked it, its a kinda leather that i hate (reminds the leather of Leather Oud by Dior Private Line, but in the Dior there are the oud and some sweetness, here there are only the leather that i dont like)
    Mokhalat Malaki is very different, kinda herbal?

Quote Originally Posted by DuNezDeBuzier View Post
    Last Fall, while working through a 4ml sampler of TF Oud Wood, I bought a tola of Ajaml Musk Ghazelle II and a 100ml bottle of Surrati's Oudy Woody from Zahras. Samples included Surrati's Black Oudh and Tom Oudh.

Call me a philistine, but the good thing about not having such a discerning nose:
    - black oudh is 'close enough' to Montale's (yes I have a bottle)
    - all, whether TF or Surrati, resonate to the lab synthetic Oud/Agarwood one can get from places like perfumer's apprentice. real oud - agarwood oil sourced from reputable places referred to in the group discussions area of this site have an altogether different smell.

I went back for more Oudy Woody. At $27/per bottle, I liked it enough to have some fun with it and will likely be experimenting and adulterating portions with rose oils etc. in the future. The funny thing is, you can expect answers up and down the spectrum with such subjectivity. Check it out for yourselves.

And please don't get me wrong. If you possess a good nose maybe the TF and only the TF will give you the satisfaction you're looking for in this scent.
    What is the difference between Tom Oudy and Oudy Woody?

Also, this 27usd 100ml is for the edp right?
    Cause my Pure Parfum Oil cost 17usd for only 12ml (1 tola)

--

General experience with the blend is very good. Fantastic quality and a very fair price.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    What is the difference between Tom Oudy and Oudy Woody? Also, this 27usd 100ml is for the edp right?
    As I understand it, Surrati Tom Oudh is the direct attempt at Tom Ford Oud Wood and is 100% oil.
    Surrati Oudy Woody is a different frangrance and yes I received it in 100ml edp spray bottles.

I liked a lot and I want more

What more oils based on famous high end perfumes from surrati do you recommend me guys?

Post Thanks / Like

Considering that ''Tom'' is Arabic for garlic, I must say I'd be a mite trepidatious about spraying something with that on the bottle.

Try

1 Million
    Tuscan Leather

anyone with updates on any of these? I'd love to hear them

Just received it today, I love the fragrance!
    But ... how do you apply it?
    What do you use to apply it?
    There is no roll-on or other system.
    I used the cap, but I'm afraid of making the oil becoming bad using it that way...
    Thank you!

Did you bought the 1 tola (12ml) decants of pure concentrated oil Stephan?
    Mine is that ones, and i have the same doubts.

I bought the 100gr bottle

Post Thanks / Like

Re: how to apply oil, I haven't seen this specific bottle, but usually arabic oils come in small bottles with a plastic stick for dabbing ( bestbottles.com sells them ). If there's none, the cap should do (as for western parfums). You do not want a roll because oils are concentrated and you only need a small quantity. No worry about contamination.

cacio

Quote Originally Posted by Stephan View Post
    I bought the 100gr bottle
    You need to buy a rollerball bottle or a bottle with a plastic/glass stick. I find that rollerballs are easier to use.

Wearing my Black Aoud (Concentrated Parfum Oil) by Surrati today

Mine is a decant 1 tola (12ml) of pure oil. The homage is VERY close to the original, maybe more smooth and as much rich as the Montale one.
    Sillage is not bombastic and longevity is good, but i only dabbed very shortly on skin (equivalent of 1 spray or less)
    I liking this one a lot. Not harsh and rancid in the opening as the montale.

I cant wait to wear Tom Oud and Tuscany Leather, also Mukhalat Malaki (i bought them in june, received in july im only wearing one of them for the first time today, september!)

Quote Originally Posted by sugandaraja View Post
    considering that ''tom'' is arabic for garlic, i must say i'd be a mite trepidatious about spraying something with that on the bottle.
    lol!