Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default Re: Surrati - Tom Oud - a gorgeous oud oil from KSA

Quote Originally Posted by ohhmygod View Post
    Have you guys tested any of the Surratis yet?
    Unfortunately, I wasn't able to go yesterday to se Surrati. I'll report back the minute I come back from downtown. I'm also very curious. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by cbstarker View Post
    Really? I think this stuff is horrid. As mentioned in the opening post, Tom Oud has some white musk, too much I might add. It dominates the opening and covers the oud. It's completely without tact. Oud Wood, however, is subtle from the top and fantastic til the end. Even if it only lasts a few hours, it smells so much better than the rip-off. This stuff is like trying to remove the color from beer...it's unnatural! If this is supposed to have good longevity, I'm going to scrub before it's too late, it's blech!
    I applied it again last night and perceived the opening that you were talking about. I guess the first day I was in such shock of it being an oil and did not see it. For the $50 it cost, it's not much to have something to use when going to bed. Like I said before, I don't think this is an exact copy not even close to being as good to Oud Wood, but it gives an option at 1/6 the price. However, I still think this would be something good to go to bed with. Besides, we need to hydrate our skin and what better way that to applying a little oil. But I guess I am not very picky. I may need to start refining my nose. lol
    Love someone today and it will come back to you ten folds
    Currently wearing: Polo Blue by Ralph Lauren

Hows the oudy woody thing going guys ????

And the Surrati too ?
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

Yes, the suspense is killing me about this Oudy Woody. Hoping to read some positive reviews about it!

I have tried Surrati's Oudy Woody - it has a distinctly WOOD base - it opens with the smell of freshly cut Wood bark - mixed with a smoother Oud - its applied as a spray and has a medium lasting power (usual for sprays). Dries down to a more typical oud cambodian type finish -- I like it and use it a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeysmyth View Post
    I have tried Surrati's Oudy Woody - it has a distinctly WOOD base - it opens with the smell of freshly cut Wood bark - mixed with a smoother Oud - its applied as a spray and has a medium lasting power (usual for sprays). Dries down to a more typical oud cambodian type finish -- I like it and use it a lot.
    Does it smell like Surrati Tom Oud or Tom Ford Oud Wood ?
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

I ordered this blind based on the recommendations in here. I've never smelled Tom Ford Oud, but this stuff is simply gorgeous. I love the drydown which has a hint of Amouage Jublilation XXV to my nose. Very nice stuff at a bargain price. :-)

I just ordered 1 tola from Zahras for $17. They also have their version of Montale's Black Aoud which I'll try next time.

Which one is the version of Black Aoud ?

"No Pain, No Gain"

Quote Originally Posted by ohhmygod View Post
    Which one is the version of Black Aoud ?
    They have updated their pdf list. Open the Surrati list and go to the middle of page 9.

Quote Originally Posted by fperdices View Post
    They also have their version of Montale's Black Aoud which I'll try next time.
    So ... Has anyone tried it yet?

I finally managed to smell Tom Ford Oud in Nieman Marcus. The Tom Oud, which I've now had for several weeks and worn several times is indeed a dead ringer for it. It's definitely a great bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by abzr88 View Post
    So ... Has anyone tried it yet?
    (hello all from a newb!)

I was looking for reviews on the surrati black aoud here too... I love the montale black aoud but it's way out of my price range right now for a full bottle. The surrati seems like a good alternative and I might just take a gamble given the tom ford reviews written here!

Well i just purchased 10 Al Rehab oils from zahras, and requested samples of Black Aoud, Tom Oudh, and Tom Tuscan Leather. Ill Post after i try.

This is great news, I can't wait to hear what you think of them. I haven't gotten around to making an order yet but I was just looking at the black aoud again yesterday. I'm sure there will be quite a few people interested in your review.

By the way, I love Al Rehab's oils, we have some good arabic ebay sellers here in the UK so we can easily buy small amounts to try . You should try a few of the inexpensive Al Haramain oils too. I adore the sandalwood, it's wondefully rich and woody.

Quote Originally Posted by spiral View Post
    ...By the way, I love Al Rehab's oils, we have some good arabic ebay sellers...
    Care to share the names of the users with us? Have you tired a store called Islamic Impressions they have shops all over the UK and you can go in and smell the oils before you buy them.
    Last edited by abzr88; 2nd January 2011 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mdtroyer View Post
    Well i just purchased 10 Al Rehab oils from zahras, and requested samples of Black Aoud, Tom Oudh, and Tom Tuscan Leather. Ill Post after i try.
    Cant wait, thanks a lot mate.

Quote Originally Posted by abzr88 View Post
    Care to share the names of the users with us? Have you tired a store called Islamic Impressions they have shops all over the UK and you can go in and smell the oils before you buy them.
    I hadn't heard of them, thanks for the link!

I was under the impression we shouldn't link to ebay sellers... There are a couple of ebay sellers who get mentioned in basenotes quite often, I've used them and they're good. If you type MOROCCAN AMBER into ebay search you should find the seller I like the best, they have some lovely Al Haramain and Ajmal perfume oils in 3ml rollerballs, perfect for sampling.

Well Asked for some recommendations for oud oils from the people at Zahra's and they sent me back four oils and two sprays.

For Oud oils here are our recommendations:

Rasasi Dhaneloudh Cambodi - $52
    Swiss Arabian Dehn El Oud Mubarak - $45
    Swiss Arabian Biladi - $60
    Swiss Arabian Dehn el Ood Shurouq - $60

You may also consider Oud Sprays - they are espcially nice:

Rasasi Dhan Al Oudh Al Safwa $39
    Rasasi Dhan Al Oudh Al Nokhba $40

Just wondering if anybody has tried any of these. I am looking for a relatively inexpensive way to try what real oud should smell like, and just want to know if any of these would cut it?

I'm going to downtown Riyadh this morning to try to find the local Surrati showroom. I have an address, but that means little over here...looking to pick up some Tom Oud, Oudy Woody and any other interesting oils/scents. Will let you know how I go!

Success! Found the Surrati store, and bought a Tom Oud and Oudy Woody.

From the initial sniff, I wasn't overly impressed with the Tom Oud, but once it dries on the skin, it really does shine. Looking forward to wearing this.

Now I've found the store, I'll no doubt be going back for more - they had hundreds of other types....

I've been skeptical of this line, as I am with all low end perfumes. But to be fair I've never tried them.

Would you mind, thecentennial, next time you are in the shop, asking if they have a shop in Khobar or Dammam? I haven't been able to find the Surrati oils in this area.

Quote Originally Posted by noggs View Post
    I've been skeptical of this line, as I am with all low end perfumes. But to be fair I've never tried them.

Would you mind, thecentennial, next time you are in the shop, asking if they have a shop in Khobar or Dammam? I haven't been able to find the Surrati oils in this area.
    According to their wonderful website, they have a shop in Dammam.

Name: Dammam

Address: Wholesale Market

Phone: 03-8336699

City: Dammam

Quote Originally Posted by thecentennial View Post
    According to their wonderful website, they have a shop in Dammam.
    Thanks. I had tried their website several months ago and couldn't get much out of it. They must've improved it.

Quote Originally Posted by noggs View Post
    Thanks. I had tried their website several months ago and couldn't get much out of it. They must've improved it.
    No - it's still sh*t.

AromiErotici

Success! Found the Surrati store, and bought a Tom Oud and Oudy Woody.

From the initial sniff, I wasn't overly impressed with the Tom Oud, but once it dries on the skin, it really does shine. Looking forward to wearing this.

Now I've found the store, I'll no doubt be going back for more - they had hundreds of other types....
    How would you describe the Oudy Woody? Did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by AromiErotici View Post
    How would you describe the Oudy Woody? Did you like it?
    Let me wear it and I'll post an update. Initial smell from the spray card were good, but I'd like to get it on some skin before I comment.

AromiErotici

Let me wear it and I'll post an update. Initial smell from the spray card were good, but I'd like to get it on some skin before I comment.
    Sounds good. I've been holding off on a blind buy with this for quite awhile.

I went downtown here in Dubai to see if Surati was known, and soon forgot all about brand names because this Oud Wood oil copy was all over the market along with many other TF frags. I was gifted a bottle of Oud Wood a while back and I guess the duplicates were very close to it. This duplication business is horrible IMO. It cheapens the good stuff you pay dearly to.

Has anyone tested Surrati's oil version of Tuscan Leather? I'd love to hear a comparison between it and the real stuff.
    "Smell with your nose, not your ears".

AC'S FAVORITES - Neil Morris for Takashimaya, Creed Royal Mayfair, Le Labo Rose 31, Xerjoff Nio, Profumum Roma Acqua Viva, Bruno Fazzolari Lampblack, Olympic Orchids Woodcut, Olympic Orchids Blackbird, Miller Harris La Fumee Arabie, Acqua di Parma Intensa Oud, Profumum Del Forte Ambra Mediterranea & Slumberhouse Jeke extrait