Code of Conduct

Default Help needed! Anyone here who tried Cosmic by Solange and Dioressence?

I purchased a bottle of Cosmic last year and I am in love with. I find it a very unusal chypre. It has a nutty, boozy rose and jasmine heart along with a resinous vetiver-oakmoss (ala Mitsouko EDP) drydown. It has gourmand qualities to it but is never sweet. It feels more of a chypre than an oriental to me. I can't remember exactly what Turin wrote about, but I think he said it was a cross between Dioressence and an oriental, or something like that. I've only tried Dioressence once more than a year ago, and from what little memories I can gather, I think there are similaries. The reason I'm asking is that I love Cosmic so much, but purchasing a second backup bottle is out of the question because of its price...at least for now.

So has anyone tried the two and how similiar are they...or not?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Help needed! Anyone here who tried Cosmic by Solange and Dioressence?

I have not tried Cosmic. I used to like Dioressence quite a bit, but never bought it because it was my best friend's signature. I have not smelled the newer version, though.
    Evenstar

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Help needed! Anyone here who tried Cosmic by Solange and Dioressence?

I smelt new Diorssence and I did love it- I have not gotten round to buying it though.

Cosmic is one I have wanted to try for the longest time- I am really happy to hear it is gorgeous, Scent especially with your reference to Mitsouko EDP - I will have to sample it now when I get back home.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Quote Originally Posted by arwen_elf View Post
    I have not tried Cosmic. I used to like Dioressence quite a bit, but never bought it because it was my best friend's signature. I have not smelled the newer version, though.
    I have heard great things about the new version; that it has more emphasis on the vetiver and is more "manlier".

Does my description of Cosmic conjure on images of Dioressence? I should note that I do smell some Christmasy spices in Cosmic as well.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticknot View Post
    I smelt new Diorssence and I did love it- I have not gotten round to buying it though.

Cosmic is one I have wanted to try for the longest time- I am really happy to hear it is gorgeous, Scent especially with your reference to Mitsouko EDP - I will have to sample it now when I get back home.
    Glad to hear the new one is also good! Turin stated that Dioressence used to be a lactonic chypre in the style of Gucci Rush, but it's changed a bit over the years. Cosmic is also a bit lactonic with the milkiness blending in nicely with the nutty, boozy floral accord. Cosmic is a true hybrid and perplexes you everytime you where it. At times it feels like a true chypre, but on other instances all you smell is a spicy inedible gourmet. One thing's for sure, it sure is weird...weirdly good that is
    Last edited by scent; 28th March 2010 at 12:54 AM.