Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Basenotes Institution

Default Grey Vetiver by Tom Ford - a review

A BIG THANK YOU to cairomerta, for the opportunity to sample this scent!

'...It’s barbershop-oriented top notes will make it easy for men to love this on first sniff (my hunch is, this will be a big hit for Tom Ford Beauty), but the modern salty vetiver and spiced woods should appeal to those who like to mix it up a bit (think KenzoAir, minus the anise-headspace radiance). Even though Ford is releasing this as a masculine fragrance, it has a delightful fresh-as-a-summer-breeze manner which defies being categorized as only for men...'

Read my full review on Helg's Perfume Shrine blog here.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Sur la Plage

Default Re: Grey Vetiver by Tom Ford - a review

Thanks for the review Mike. I am definitely looking forward to trying Grey Vetiver!
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

When is this one due in stores??

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Riverwide View Post
    When is this one due in stores??
    Tentatively September 2009
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Great piece Mike, Grey Vetiver sounds really good.

Any trace of Ford's infamous "mushroom" note though?

Sounds great! How was the longevity when you tested it?

I am really looking forward to this one. Great review Mike!
    Last edited by mtgprox05; 9th June 2009 at 04:48 PM.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Nice review. It doesn't sound very grey to me!

Nice one Mike! Thanks for the heads up! Not sure about the Kenzo Air parallel, but will definitely give it a go!

Sounds good to me! I don't really have a true vetiver scent (I don't count Mugler Cologne) in my wardrobe and this sounds like it would be right up my alley. Thanks for the review!
    ♦Wishlist♦

Nasomatto - Silver Musk
    Prada - Prada Man/Amber Pour Homme
    Tom Ford - Oud Wood

A L'Artisan Cap (old or new style)

Clothing + Goodies for sale!

Quote Originally Posted by Le critique de parfum View Post
    Huh? The TF only scent that has a mushroom note as far as I know is Velvet Gardenia

A barbershop vetiver? Might be interesting. Good writeup mp23, although I sensed you weren't much excited by this new TF.

BTW, when will see a full mp23 review on the community boards here? This may be my inner competitive web analyst coming out, but you are driving traffic from Basenotes.com to blogs such as perfumeshrine with such good writing! And before anyone pounces, no I don't see Basenotes cross listed at that blog.
    -

Thanks Mike! I have been extremely dissapointed by all Tom Ford releases to this point, but I will certainly give this one a try since it has Vetiver!

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Jock_With_Scents View Post
    Thanks Mike! I have been extremely dissapointed by all Tom Ford releases to this point, but I will certainly give this one a try since it has Vetiver!
    Maybe you will feel differently next week.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Maybe you will feel differently next week.
    Yes maybe...but I would have it for sale on the board in a month. Fickle me you know.

Basenotes Institution

Thanks for the review Mike. I am definitely looking forward to trying Grey Vetiver!
    Well Joe, your help to me in researching the specs of GV with Tom Ford Beauty is greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch. I think you like GIvenchy Vetiver, don't you ? I could see a fan of the Givenchy style easily liking the TF, although perhaps the TF isn't as complex or tenacious as the Givenchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Le critique de parfum View Post
    Great piece Mike, Grey Vetiver sounds really good.

Nothing dirty, earthy or fermented at all in GV. As evidenced by the sheerness of White Patchouli and Italian Cypress Tom Ford is in full on 'clean mode' with his newer releases. What's up with that?

Quote Originally Posted by KMF View Post
    Sounds great! How was the longevity when you tested it?
    Longevity is very low.

I know, I know - many here on BN want that insane longevity from your masculines. If that's the case, look elsewhere. GV lasted for about 5-6 hours. After that I could only smell it faintly.

Speaking of longevity, yesterday I tested side-by-side Turtle Vetiver by Les Nez next to Grey Vetiver. OMG - the TV ate the GV for lunch and kept on going and going...surviving a shower in the evening also. Crazy.

-- Jack Kerouac

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    I am really looking forward to this one. Great review Mike!
    Quote Originally Posted by scentsitivity View Post
    Nice review. It doesn't sound very grey to me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    Nice one Mike! Thanks for the heads up! Not sure about the Kenzo Air parallel, but will definitely give it a go!
    Thanks guys.

The fougere-ish top notes do smell grey scentsitivity, but this effect is very short lived and perhaps a little more olfactory association than anything. For instance, I think Narciso Rodriguez for Him smells very grey to my nose - but the bottle is grey. So is that why my nose makes this association? If the bottle were blue, for instance, would NRFH still smell grey to my nose? Not sure. That's why I didn't mention the grey association in my review.

Dimitri - the KenzoAir parallel kind of popped up when I was testing both GV and KA days apart. The vetiver in KA is also a clean vetiver. If you singled out this vetiver from KA, it's very close to the vetiver in GV.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 10th June 2009 at 01:21 AM.

-- Jack Kerouac

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Longevity is very low.

I know, I know - many here on BN want that insane longevity from your masculines. If that's the case, look elsewhere. GV lasted for about 5-6 hours. After that I could only smell it faintly.

Speaking of longevity, yesterday I tested side-by-side Turtle Vetiver by Les Nez next to Grey Vetiver. OMG - the TV ate the GV for lunch and kept on going and going...surviving a shower in the evening also. Crazy.
    5-6 hours is fine by me... As long as it's more than two or three, then I'm ok with it...

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Zero View Post
    Sounds good to me! I don't really have a true vetiver scent (I don't count Mugler Cologne) in my wardrobe and this sounds like it would be right up my alley. Thanks for the review!
    Well, I wouldn't call GV a true vetiver - since vetiver oil smells 'dirty', but...I think I'd classify it as a Vetiver For People Who Don't Like Vetiver. If that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    A barbershop vetiver? Might be interesting. Good writeup mp23, although I sensed you weren't much excited by this new TF.

BTW, when will see a full mp23 review on the community boards here? This may be my inner competitive web analyst coming out, but you are driving traffic from Basenotes.com to blogs such as perfumeshrine with such good writing! And before anyone pounces, no I don't see Basenotes cross listed at that blog.
    I used the barbershop term loosely zz - mainly because I swear this has some violet leaf in the top notes giving it that feel. I'm hoping when it comes out that someone will agree with me, so that I don't feel like my note detection skills are rusty.

My 'good writing' is 'driving traffic away from Basenotes'? Really? Thanks for the compliment zz. I only share myself with Helg now - my heart belongs to Basenotes.

Helg already references Basenotes in her links page here, I'm sure you just missed it: http://perfumeshrine.blogspot.com/20...ent-links.html

I think you will like this when you smell it B. I could be wrong...but when I smelled it, you popped into my head. I'm looking forward to hearing what you think about Grey Vetiver since I know you like clean vetiver fragrances.

-- Jack Kerouac

Thanks for the review.

Well, I wouldn't call GV a true vetiver - since vetiver oil smells 'dirty', but...I think I'd classify it as a Vetiver For People Who Don't Like Vetiver. If that makes sense.
    Hrmmm, that could definitely be me. The only "true" vetiver scent I've enjoyed so far is Malle's Vetiver Extraordinaire, but I don't enjoy it enough to pay the exorbitant price tag.

I totally agree with you about Narciso Rodriguez For Him smelling grey though! To me it's a purplish grey, probably because of all the violet I get.
    ♦Wishlist♦

Nasomatto - Silver Musk
    Prada - Prada Man/Amber Pour Homme
    Tom Ford - Oud Wood

A L'Artisan Cap (old or new style)

Clothing + Goodies for sale!

Great review as always. Thanks! Hmmm, vetiver for people who don't like vetiver, if thats the case then count me in. Vetiver is a weird note for me but it's looking like I'll be getting a bottle of this one.

I'm not a huge fan of Ford's regular lineup of scents. Black Orchid was nice and my favorite amongst them, but I found it feminine and Noir de Noir (which shares some similarities) is far superior, and more enjoyable to wear.

The For Men and Extreme were dull and White Orchid smells like half the crap women wear today.

I'll look out for this, but I won't go out of my way to test it.
    Last edited by nsamadi; 10th June 2009 at 06:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi View Post
    The For Men and Extreme were dull and White Orchid smells like half the crap women wear today.
    Tom Ford - White Orchid ???? What, did I miss something here ??? I have never heard of a White Orchid ? Is this a recent release ? ... or perhaps just a miss type ? (Did you perhaps mean White Patchouli ???)
    Last edited by Sybarite; 10th June 2009 at 08:26 AM.

Thanx for the review M23 , that certainly sounds quite interesting. And I actually really like the sound of the frosted fluted bottle (makes total sense that that is what would follow - a vetiver frag and a frosted bottle, were both kinda inevatible).
    But I tend to agree with "do I really need another vetiver frag" ? My sentiments exactly ! Actually I tend to prefer my vetivers as dirty, rooty and earthy as possible. But, even after saying that, I actually really enjoyed Lalique's Encre Noir way more than I thought I would. So, who knows, I might just enjoy this one as well. ... But, if I do go for another vetiver frag, then I think Turtle Vetiver stands a probable better chance of being the one!
    Do you, by any chance, know if it's the vetiver root or the leaves that have been reprisented in Grey Vetiver ???

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Zero View Post
    Hrmmm, that could definitely be me. The only "true" vetiver scent I've enjoyed so far is Malle's Vetiver Extraordinaire, but I don't enjoy it enough to pay the exorbitant price tag.

I totally agree with you about Narciso Rodriguez For Him smelling grey though! To me it's a purplish grey, probably because of all the violet I get.
    Quote Originally Posted by Futami View Post
    Great review as always. Thanks! Hmmm, vetiver for people who don't like vetiver, if thats the case then count me in. Vetiver is a weird note for me but it's looking like I'll be getting a bottle of this one.
    I would never recommend Vetiver Extraordinaire to someone who is starting out or doesn't like vetiver. It's SO strong and pervasive.

Have either of you two tried Vettiveru (Series 4: Cologne) by Comme des Garcons? It is, IMO, very close to the feel of GV.

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of Ford's regular lineup of scents. Black Orchid was nice and my favorite amongst them, but I found it feminine and Noir de Noir (which shares some similarities) is far superior, and more enjoyable to wear.

I'll look out for this, but I won't go out of my way to test it.
    I remember you not liking White Patchouli. I'm sure it will be easy to test GV once it's released in all stores.

Quote Originally Posted by Sybarite View Post
    Thanx for the review M23 , that certainly sounds quite interesting. And I actually really like the sound of the frosted fluted bottle (makes total sense that that is what would follow - a vetiver frag and a frosted bottle, were both kinda inevatible).
    But I tend to agree with "do I really need another vetiver frag" ? My sentiments exactly ! Actually I tend to prefer my vetivers as dirty, rooty and earthy as possible. But, even after saying that, I actually really enjoyed Lalique's Encre Noir way more than I thought I would. So, who knows, I might just enjoy this one as well. ... But, if I do go for another vetiver frag, then I think Turtle Vetiver stands a probable better chance of being the one!
    Do you, by any chance, know if it's the vetiver root or the leaves that have been reprisented in Grey Vetiver ???
    I liked the idea of a frosted bottle too. But honestly, I would've like to have seen the bottle in grey. Maybe the glass will have a grey cast to it?

I personally could be very happy with just Vetiver (EdC) by Guerlain in my wardrobe. I love it so much. But I am naturally drawn to vetiver scents - they really move me. All kinds too: dirty Route de Vetiver, rocky/watery Turtle Vetiver, opulent/smoky Sycomore, sweet Hermessence Vetiver Tonka, ozonic Vetiver Extraordinaire...etc. So needless to say, I don't need another vetiver scent. Will I buy GV? I'm not sure.

Honestly, I wouldn't know the difference between vetiver root or leaves - to be able to say which one is used in GV...I haven't smelled any essential oils / aromachemicals to educate my nose.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 10th June 2009 at 02:42 PM.

-- Jack Kerouac

Yeah, absolutely, I totally agree with you there ! I too feel the same way about vetiver scents. It's definitely one of my fave notes. I just cannot understand someone not being attracted to such a marvelous scent. ... I can immediately tell, someone who doesn't like vetiver and I, are just not going to to see eye to eye (nose to nose ? LOL)

When I first heard that Sycomore only came in 200ml bottles, I wondered if I really needed such a huge bottle ??? Then sampling it that first time, I really was kinda disappointed in a way. I was like : where's the smoke ? where's the wood ? hell, where's the sycomore ? ... All I'm getting here is a light vetiver ? What is going on here ???
    Only then, did I understand the reason for the 200mls. It's pretty much equivalent to a "normal" 50ml bottle really. For I find that the only way to really enjoy Sycomore, and to get all the wonderful wood and smokiness. Is if you spray on very liberally, four times the amount you would otherwise. ... Only then does it's real "magic" emerge ! ... Or, that is really the only way that I can enjoy it, I found !

Quote Originally Posted by Sybarite View Post
    Did you perhaps mean White Patchouli?
    Yes.

Sur la Plage

I had a chance to wear this today. I am really liking it (although I tend to like a lot of vetiver fragrances). It is definitely a clean vetiver. To me it is like Guerlain Vetiver without the tobacco notes. The sillage is decent and the longevity seems to be average - in line with what Mike reported.

I definitely feel it is FBW. I think It will make a great office fragrance.

Basenotes Institution

I had a chance to wear this today. I am really liking it (although I tend to like a lot of vetiver fragrances). It is definitely a clean vetiver. To me it is like Guerlain Vetiver without the tobacco notes. The sillage is decent and the longevity seems to be average - in line with what Mike reported.

Glad you got a chance to smell it Joe.

I think the Guerlain Vetiver is just a tad saltier than GV, but yes the citrus component of both links them in some way.

-- Jack Kerouac

Hmmm KenzoAir is a fragrance I started out loving but the 3rd time I wore it couldnt stand it. Wore it again a month ago and loved it. It seems Vetiver is a note that I'm up and down with, will be very interesting to try this as I LOVE Tom Ford for Men (but hate the longevity, or at least the fact I become used to it after 2-3 hours).
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Has anyone here smelled Vetiver Babylone. It's sort of my reference "clean" vetiver. I'm just curious if anyone that has smelled both can compare them?
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Sur la Plage

Has anyone here smelled Vetiver Babylone. It's sort of my reference "clean" vetiver. I'm just curious if anyone that has smelled both can compare them?
    I do not think they are similar. When I smelled Vetiver Babylone my thought was "where's the vetiver?". I thought maybe it was mis-labeled. I can definitely smell vetiver in Grey Vetiver.

I do not think they are similar. When I smelled Vetiver Babylone my thought was "where's the vetiver?". I thought maybe it was mis-labeled. I can definitely smell vetiver in Grey Vetiver.
    Ok. I admit Vetiver Babylone may be poorly named, it is not a vetiver dominant fragrance but I do get it, along with the citrus and florals of course. Either way I'm seriously pumped for Grey Vetiver. By the way how did you get a chance to try it already?

Sur la Plage

Ok. I admit Vetiver Babylone may be poorly named, it is not a vetiver dominant fragrance but I do get it, along with the citrus and florals of course. Either way I'm seriously pumped for Grey Vetiver. By the way how did you get a chance to try it already?
    An "undisclosed source".
    Last edited by petruccijc; 12th June 2009 at 10:33 PM.

I agree that this smells like Guerlain Vetiver minus tobacco, but add a bit of Tommy Bahama also.
    I am not a fan of Guerlain Vetiver or Tommy Bahama. I am thankful for getting to try it though.

Basenotes Institution

I agree that this smells like Guerlain Vetiver minus tobacco, but add a bit of Tommy Bahama also.
    I am not a fan of Guerlain Vetiver or Tommy Bahama. I am thankful for getting to try it though.
    AH, so I see a little birdie visited you too.

Glad you got to try it Barry.

-- Jack Kerouac

I am looking forward to this also....I just don't want to wish the summer away.
    Gary

I want this yesterday. And this is released in fall in the States. So Europe will be even more late...bugger.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by eric View Post
    I want this yesterday. And this is released in fall in the States. So Europe will be even more late...bugger.
    Well not necessarily.

Sometimes Tom Ford Beauty releases a scent simultaneously in the US and abroad. Other times they don't. I'm not sure about the release schedule for GV in Europe but perhaps I'll ask around or maybe someone seeing this thread will comment.

-- Jack Kerouac

I have also just posted a review of GREY VETIVER on my blog. (See link in my signature below).

Great review Dimitri, but about the inovation factor of the scent (I remember likewise reactions when TF for men was released) I can´t recall an interview Tom Ford saying he was all about "inovation" .
    I think his fragrances(and menswear) are more about classic luxury which he said so himself.
    Tobacco Vanille, Extreme, Italian Cypress al reek of classicism to me. If I want "inovation" (which I don´t) I imagine houses like CdG , ELO and such would be much better too investigate. And then, it´s almost impossible to create some inovation in Vetiver fragrances imo these days. Everything has been done with vetiver already , it is a classic in mens fragrances. I´m guessing 90% of the regular male market Grey Vetiver is made for don´t want inovation, but a nice, solid classic fragrance in the lines of Tom Ford (extreme) for men.
    Last edited by eric; 30th June 2009 at 02:36 PM.

No, youre right eric, Tom has never said that he is about "innovation"... I said that as my personal perspective on the brand.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    No, youre right eric, Tom has never said that he is about "innovation"... I said that as my personal perspective on the brand.
    Ah! ok, cool! Still honest review and great blog you have there. I´m curious too sample this when it comes out.

According to my TF SA, it won't be out until September.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Default Tom Ford Grey Vetiver Review

Another sample in the mail from petruccijc, this time Tom Ford Grey Vetiver.

I sprayed some on my hand a while ago, and at first, I thought it was kind of interesting: very citrusy, very green, yet clearly vetiver-based. Then a few minutes later, it came to me: Givenchy Vétyver, or so close, at any rate, that for a bit near the beginning, they were kind of hard to tell apart. After the first moments, the similarity continues, except that the Tom Ford version fades much more quickly than the Givenchy.

I cannot really say too much against Grey Vetiver as a wearable scent. It is a very clean vetiver, with a bit of green harshness pretty much in the background — just enough to keep it interesting. I would gladly wear it, but I don't know if I would buy it. I have Givenchy Vétyver, and I like it quite a bit; I don't feel the need to get something so very similar.

Perhaps I'm not the person to review vetiver-based scents, since they're not really my favorites; they strike me as "safe" and stereotypically masculine scents, the sort of thing you could wear to a very straight-laced office and not get noticed for. I'm sure this could be a real plus for some people in seeking a scent, but it's pretty far from my style. I do have some nice vetivers that I admire enough to wear and recommend: MPG Route du Vétiver has a beautiful opening and great shock value; TDC Sel de Vétiver puts out a wonderful salty tang that's pretty memorable; Montale Vétiver des Sables has an intriguing, if fairly harsh, marine note.

Of course, the reference Vetiver by Guerlain, for all the transformations it has undergone, forever marries vetiver with ginger and tobacco in my mind. I still have some vintage stuff, and even one of the more recent incarnations (a couple of revisions ago), either one of which I would happily wear to some black tie evening with pride and confidence.

Where does Grey Vetiver stand among all these? It's nice, pleasant, and all that, but kind of innocuous, if only because it's been done before. If you're a vetiver freak, jonesing for the latest wrinkle, it's worth some consideration; but unless you are interested in exploring the difference between vetiver with wintergreen and vetiver with coriander, for example, this may not float your boat.
    Last edited by JaimeB; 12th August 2009 at 05:09 AM.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cćlum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

Dimitri & JaimeB...thank you both for painting such a clear picture of Grey Vetiver...

As a lover of a lot of Tom Ford scents & ofcourse of vetiver scents, I'd still get a small sample, as and when I can find it.

Sur la Plage

It certainly is not a revolutionary vetiver fragrance. But as I think with a lot of other Tom Ford scents, it is a modern interpretation of a classic fragrance.

So if people don't like vetivers because of other notes like tobacco and coriander turning them off or making them think it is an "old man fragrance" - then this may be the vetiver for them to try.

It seems this may be getting a mass market release like Tom Ford for Men did. (Macy's, Dillards, Sephora etc) I saw an ad for this fragrance in the new Details or Esquire at Walgreens..........The only other Tom Ford scent I have every seen an add for in a book like that was Tom Ford for Men. Furthermore, this had the same bottle as the Tom Ford for Men as well.

Quote Originally Posted by tbp82 View Post
    It seems this may be getting a mass market release like Tom Ford for Men did. (Macy's, Dillards, Sephora etc) I saw an ad for this fragrance in the new Details or Esquire at Walgreens..........The only other Tom Ford scent I have every seen an add for in a book like that was Tom Ford for Men. Furthermore, this had the same bottle as the Tom Ford for Men as well.
    Yep, I think it'll have the same price points too. Here's an ad:

I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Basenotes Institution

I like it. I can't tell if it's grey colored glass or frosted glass?

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post
    Yep, I think it'll have the same price points too. Here's an ad:
    Initially, I was told it is a frosted glass version of the Tom Ford for Men bottle and would come in one size only (50ml - $85).

Initially, I was told it is a frosted glass version of the Tom Ford for Men bottle and would come in one size only (50ml - $85).
    Ooof. At least it's not as much as the TF Extreme. Still, the $25 hike over regular TFFM seems arbitrary.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post
    Ooof. At least it's not as much as the TF Extreme. Still, the $25 hike over regular TFFM seems arbitrary.
    Yeah, I know. I was a little surprised/perturbed by that also.

Yeah I can't see why they need to price it higher than the regular TFfm. I guess I should be happy they didn't release it as a private blend.

Really looking forward to trying this, even though I usually find Vetiver-based fragrances quite dull.

It is frosted glass. They have a bottle at the local Neiman-Marcus and I've tried a spritz on me twice.
    I think I'm going to like it more than the other early wearers have.
    I also seem to be getting drastically different longevity. I sparayed some on last Tuesday evening at 5PM and it was still completely noticeable on me when I got up at 5:30 the next morning. So I'm getting at least 12 hours from it and I'd guess more.
    I'm looking forward to giving this a full wear.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Saw this ad in Details myself. I was hoping for a scent strip, but there was none yet.

Thanks for the info.....this is on my sample list for sure.
    Gary

Thanks
    Mike
    can't
    wait
    to
    try
    this
    [COLOR="Purple"]I am not afraid... I was born to do this.

-Joan of Arc [/COLOR]