Code of Conduct

Default GF Bergamotto Marino

I am dangerously close to pulling the trigger on my first ever blind buy, with Bergamotto Marino. I am in a constant search for refreshing summer fragrances, and I've been interested in BM for well over a year. The price is pretty cheap, and it's no where to be found for sampling, so it looks like I may have to break my #1 rule, and blind buy. But before I do so, are there any fans of this underknown juice?
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Default Re: GF Bergamotto Marino

Do it!
    I trust your review will be close to what mine would have been...
    ...and I've been scoping this for a good while now...
    ...take the DIVE !
    How many of the other touted aquatics have you tried?
    erolfa and bvlgaris yes, but have you tried Acqua Di Sale? Sel Marin? Mare?

IMHO, it feels like a classical eau de cologne that has been reformulated in order to improve sillage and longevity. Bourdon achieved this, but in the process the blend ended up having very harsh and bold hesperidic notes - I am tempted to say "syntehtic" in terms that the blend does not feel natural, because it impacts the synuses to a point I can describe as stressful.

I would suggest you to try first through a sample obtained via any fellow BNoter near you or when having the chance of going to New York and compare it with Hermes Eau d'Orange Vert and its Concentrée version, which I think are much better - albeit I can't justify Hermes' pricing policy.

I don't know about everyone else who owns Bergamotto Marino, but it's not as aquatic or refreshing as I thought it would be.

I was in the exact same situation as you last year when I bought my bottle blind (I just wanted a refreshing summer scent) and it turned out to be more floral and soapy than I expected. It's still refreshing and clean (so it's alright for the summer) but it's not what it may seem, IMO.

I do like it though, for what it is.
    Sales thread here

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    Do it!
    I trust your review will be close to what mine would have been...
    ...and I've been scoping this for a good while now...
    ...take the DIVE !
    How many of the other touted aquatics have you tried?
    erolfa and bvlgaris yes, but have you tried Acqua Di Sale? Sel Marin? Mare?
    I actually asked you in another thread if you had tried Sel Marin, because yes, I have tried it, and I find it to have the most realistic briny seaweed note I've smelled in a fragrance. I have also tried Mare, Hyle, Aria di Mare, and Maestrale. The only major one I haven't tried is Acqua di Sale.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

I still think Erolfa and Bulgari Aqua are the best and most importantly, wearable (true/oceanic) aquatics out there.
    Last edited by L'Aventurier; 28th March 2010 at 12:22 AM.
    Sales thread here