Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Dollar Tree imitations

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    Not available where I live (no Dollar Tree scheduled to open or even to deliver here soon), but even the mere idea that they tried to copy mainstream, bestselling, classic etc. scents makes can make one curious to test/sample at least once, even if just for "learning curve", trial and error, experience/experimental purposes
    Me too!
    Currently wearing: M7 by Yves Saint Laurent

Quote Originally Posted by manicboy View Post
    The best one is the Paco Rabanne PH knock-off. Use to scent my bathroom.
    A bathroom of a millionaire! LOL
    Currently wearing: M7 by Yves Saint Laurent

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    Do the EAD ones sell for $1? I don't think I've ever seen them. Coincidentally, I picked up the Jordarche Angel (women's) at the dollar store recently, figuring that a weak Angel might be good, though I have yet to give it a regular wearing.
    Dollar Tree is $1.00 (or less).

Always be smelling

Quote Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
    Dollar Tree is $1.00 (or less).
    Most of the stuff. But a few things are more than a dollar.
    Beauty needs no morality or righteousness.
    It, like nature, does not give a shit
    Currently wearing: Coriolan by Guerlain

I had a chance to try the Angel one and it's quite good (for $1, obviously). It's sweet, of course, but there is a bit of a base that smells natural. The weakness of it doesn't seem to matter because spraying more "amps it up" and again, it's $1 (for 75 ml).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by epapsiou View Post
    Most of the stuff. But a few things are more than a dollar.
    I've honestly never found anything in Dollar Tree that wasn't a dollar or less. 99cents only however, YES. That said, that store isn't good for fragrances, especially for men.

Blog Entries

I had a chance to try the Angel one and it's quite good (for $1, obviously). It's sweet, of course, but there is a bit of a base that smells natural. The weakness of it doesn't seem to matter because spraying more "amps it up" and again, it's $1 (for 75 ml).
    Yeah, I haven't found much of scents that smell "overly synthetic" in Dollar Tree, well unless the scent itself is of course.

Just watched some YT videos of the EAD "feminines" and there seems to be general agreement that these are weak. In any case, what I look for are Dorall Collection or Belcam/Classic Match versions of expensive scents, because they are well done but not weak. However, they seem to be less irritating in the context of aroma chemicals that are sometimes used in large amounts. For example, in the DC version of Shock for Him, which cost me about $5, the "energy drink accord," which I don't like, is hardly present, but the scent is a bit weaker overall. For $5 per 100 ml, though, what does that matter?
    Last edited by Bigsly; 30th April 2017 at 02:12 AM.

Always be smelling

I've honestly never found anything in Dollar Tree that wasn't a dollar or less. 99cents only however, YES. That said, that store isn't good for fragrances, especially for men.
    Perhaps I am thinking of Family Dollar then. But for sure there are things there for more than a dollar.
    Beauty needs no morality or righteousness.
    It, like nature, does not give a shit
    Currently wearing: Coriolan by Guerlain

Blog Entries

Just watched some YT videos of the EAD "feminines" and there seems to be general agreement that these are weak. In any case, what I look for are Dorall Collection or Belcam/Classic Match versions of expensive scents, because they are well done but not weak. However, they seem to be less irritating in the context of aroma chemicals that are sometimes used in large amounts. For example, in the DC version of Shock for Him, which cost me about $5, the "energy drink accord," which I don't like, is hardly present, but the scent is a bit weaker overall. For $5 per 100 ml, though, what does that matter?
    Belcam's fragrances are BOMB.com. Now sure, if you get an EDT version of an EDP like Geau Black (Acqua di Gio Profumo) or Classic Match of Polo Supreme Oud, they are weaker but Geau Black is pretty close to AdG Profumo. I've owned seven:
    Black Classic Match (Polo Black)
    Geau Black this is the only one I got rid of, I sold this off for not working with me.
    Classic Match of Drakkar Noir
    Classic Match of Polo Blue
    Classic Match of Polo Supreme Oud
    Gladiator (Paco Rabanne Invictus)
    Red Classic Match (Polo Red) which honestly does it better than Polo Red Intense on me.

That said I do also own some Preferred Fragrances as well as Watermark Beauty and they can be pretty close. I've got those at Big Lots for $3.50 for 2.7oz to 3.4oz depending on bottle or $5 for gift sets.

Quote Originally Posted by epapsiou View Post
    Perhaps I am thinking of Family Dollar then. But for sure there are things there for more than a dollar.
    Could be, by me and I have two I goto fairly regularly are $1.00 and under. Fragrances whether JPP or EAD. The EAD changed bottles of late too. They look better but haven't had a need to get any of the new offerings yet. Family Dollar, I haven't gone to any ever. I can't tell you where any are by me.

Belcam's fragrances are BOMB.com. Now sure, if you get an EDT version of an EDP like Geau Black (Acqua di Gio Profumo) or Classic Match of Polo Supreme Oud, they are weaker but Geau Black is pretty close to AdG Profumo. I've owned seven:
    Black Classic Match (Polo Black)
    Geau Black this is the only one I got rid of, I sold this off for not working with me.
    Classic Match of Drakkar Noir
    Classic Match of Polo Blue
    Classic Match of Polo Supreme Oud
    Gladiator (Paco Rabanne Invictus)
    Red Classic Match (Polo Red) which honestly does it better than Polo Red Intense on me.

That said I do also own some Preferred Fragrances as well as Watermark Beauty and they can be pretty close. I've got those at Big Lots for $3.50 for 2.7oz to 3.4oz depending on bottle or $5 for gift sets.

Could be, by me and I have two I goto fairly regularly are $1.00 and under. Fragrances whether JPP or EAD. The EAD changed bottles of late too. They look better but haven't had a need to get any of the new offerings yet. Family Dollar, I haven't gone to any ever. I can't tell you where any are by me.
    I went to BOMB.com but there is no site there.

I went to BOMB.com but there is no site there.
    https://www.belcamshop.com/collections/fragrance

I use Dollar Tree ones for car air freshener the Prime Gold (1 Million) is pretty nice. There is a Drakkar one too Tarragon Noir that is really close to Drakkar Noir (again great for scenting things besides yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Scentational View Post
    Well, I wasn't mean "hazardous" in a fast lethal way, but you know... like asbestos there's maybe some particular materials that could favorize some cancer or other health problems if used over a long period of time, and we don't know it yet cause it wasn't studied or used enough. And that could happen even with the "real" fragrances, and I guess that's why IFRA is banning some materials.
    That makes sense to me , I have a knockoff which leaked and the hard plastic seal turned into soft doughy like on contacting the juice , it is like a corrosive juice.
    Currently wearing: Good Life by Davidoff

Quote Originally Posted by moharram View Post
    That makes sense to me , I have a knockoff which leaked and the hard plastic seal turned into soft doughy like on contacting the juice , it is like a corrosive juice.
    Be frightened, be very, very frightened! LOL.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    They added some new ones for Belcam I see. A new Classic Match for Jimmy Choo Man (now if only they could do Intense), and Primative Man, a Dior Sauvage clone (this is a weird name.)

Quote Originally Posted by russnug View Post
    I wouldn't put anything made in China on my skin. Their production of cosmetic product is dubious at best.
    The EAD ones are made in India. I found another brand called Revel at my local dollar store that had knockoffs for a dollar in EDT and body spray form, made in United Arab Emirates. (I bought Cobalt, their knock-off of Bleu de Chanel. Not awesome, but not horrible.) I’m equally skeevy of the Chinese products as well, but on the whole, I’m fascinated with these for their camp value alone. A couple of them actually smell halfway decent for a $1 and 30 minutes or so before they dissipate. It’s just for fun, but I get a kick out of these.
    Last edited by mjf2001; 24th April 2018 at 10:14 PM.
    Currently wearing: Eight & Bob by Eight & Bob

Quote Originally Posted by mjf2001 View Post
    The EAD ones are made in India. I found another brand called Revel at my local dollar store that had knockoffs for a dollar in EDT and body spray form, made in United Arab Emirates. (I bought Cobalt, their knock-off of Bleu de Chanel. Not awesome, but not horrible.) Iím equally skeevy of the Chinese products as well, but on the whole, Iím fascinated with these for their camp value alone. A couple of them actually smell halfway decent for a $1 and 30 minutes or so before they dissipate. Itís just for fun, but I get a kick out of these.
    I like EADs Gucci envy clone, but like you said only last a few minutes... I've used lotion on my body after a shower to try to get it to last longer but no luck, are there any other tricks? Is there some type of perfume oil I can use to make it last longer?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Basenotes Plus

I saw that gucci envy one too. That was cool. Bought 1 million for the wifes car mats.
    Itís tragic to think that heroic manís great destiny is to become economic man, that men will be reduced to craven creatures who crawl across the globe competing for money, who spend their nights dreaming up new ways to swindle each other.

I'm actually excited to see this thread pop up. I have 22 EAD fragrances that I have picked up from the Dollar Tree. My GF probably has just as many.

Without going through all of them, I can tell you scent wise, some are pretty good. The problem is that none of them have any staying power at all, save one. That is EAD Astute. It's a clone of Angel Men, and while I do not think it smells very much like A*Men, it doesn't smell bad,and the performance is excellent IMO. Especially for $1!

Another good one is Prime Gold. It's their clone of PR 1 Million. This one is not too far off scent wise, but the performance is about 2 hours. Which, I have discovered is far better than most from this line.

If anyone is interested in hearing my thoughts on more of these, I'll be happy to chime in, but didn't want to bore anyone going through several fragrances in this post. Astue is their best IMO, Prime Gold is 2nd best.

There are others I like, and some are similar to the real versions, but NONE of them really nail it IMO. The performance of some of these is so poor, that (no joke) the only real use is as an air freshener. Jocose Red (Polo Red clone) I'm looking at you.

I picked up this Aventus clone, "Aventure," from Grocery Outlet a while back. It was a dollar or two and I was curious to see what it smelled like: turns out, it smells like piss. Piss and Axe/Lynx body spray. Oof. It's nasty. I mean, there's about 30 seconds somewhere between the blast of alcohol in the opening and the chemical mess that follows where there's a decent little burst of citrus top notes, but it's a stretch. I suppose, though, no more nasty than some of the other things I've purchased for a dollar at Grocery Outlet

62149782_2435213196710413_4385531298526003200_n.jpg

Que scay-je?

Quote Originally Posted by jkonick View Post
    I picked up this Aventus clone, "Aventure," from Grocery Outlet a while back. It was a dollar or two and I was curious to see what it smelled like: turns out, it smells like piss. Piss and Axe/Lynx body spray. Oof. It's nasty. I mean, there's about 30 seconds somewhere between the blast of alcohol in the opening and the chemical mess that follows where there's a decent little burst of citrus top notes, but it's a stretch. I suppose, though, no more nasty than some of the other things I've purchased for a dollar at Grocery Outlet

62149782_2435213196710413_4385531298526003200_n.jpg
    That awesome bottle alone was worth the price of admission IMO. I really do think it's cool in that kitschy/fun collectable way. Too bad about the juice though...

Quote Originally Posted by painted_klown View Post
    That awesome bottle alone was worth the price of admission IMO. I really do think it's cool in that kitschy/fun collectable way. Too bad about the juice though...
    Haha yeah I picked this one mostly for the bottle, which is surprisingly Creed-like. That's about the closest thing to Aventus here though...

Que scay-je?