Code of Conduct
    Hillaire

Default M. Micallef Steel Water. Has anyone tried this one?

I am very curious about this. I have not met a Micallef for men I did not like YET, but I hate to buy a thing blind, esp. when no comments seem to exist about it anywhere...

Default Re: M. Micallef Steel Water. Has anyone tried this one?

Never heard of this one, but based on what info I can find on the Web, it appears to belongs to the Micallef Studio line. I'll be sure to look for it next time I go shopping.

I haven't seen that one either.
    But I find that if you like Micallef in general then you will like the majority of their perfumes.

for swap/sale:

I only saw it for the first time yesterday being offered on Ebay by Micallef with the auction to close later this morning.

In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces

AvantGarde = God

Le Professional = Godawful

Micallef like most is a mixed bag

╔════════════╗
    Monkey's Trade List║ ◄ lck t ☼─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─♂
    ╚════════════╝

Quote Originally Posted by PuddleMonkey View Post
    AvantGarde = Godawful

Le Professional = Godawful

Micallef like most is a mixed bag
    Fixed!
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Hillaire

I agree with SOS on this one. And a nod to Le Seducteur; it's unbelievably good. That said, not in love with Le Sportif, though I think it's good.

I would agree Micallef can be mixed. Though I tend to think the quality is consistent, while the tangents can be unpredictable.

I also saw the auction up and was tempted to buy it for my SO. But did not get to it.

So.. did someone on BN end up getting this? I was sorely tempted, but there are scents I know I want backed up in my wish list, and so I held off.

I'd love to hear about it though, if someone here won it.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

I'd like to share a little story about this one.

I just flew back from London via Dubai a few days ago. I was looking to buy something that you don't find everyday, and ended up getting Jubilation XXV. $200 for a 100ml, good deal I was chuffed. As I was about to walk out I caught a glimpse of the Micallef section and decided to sample a few since I had some time to kill. I tried Jewel for men, Spices and a couple others. Steel Water was the last one and I thought to myself, what a silly name. Sprayed it on a card and left the Duty Free walking towards McDonalds to get myself a Big Mac. I couldn't stop sniffing the damn card. I was floored. It was literally 'WOW'. The last time I had this reaction was when I smelled Aqua Di Gio for the first time. Lets all be honest, we were all floored the first time we smelled Aqua Di Gio. But the best part is, Steel Water goes one step further. It's like Aqua Di Gio meets Green Irish Tweed. Now honestly, how can one pass up on a bottle of that magical juice. U-turn straight back to Duty Free and I got me one of these. $130 for 75ml of Eau de Parfum.

First thing I did when I get home was Google this, and was shocked to find next to nothing on it. In fact I coudn't even find it on the Micallef website let alone Basenotes. This was the only thread I could find. There is a separate website for the Studio line which hasn't even been updated with this one. Overall I'm pleased as punch. This is a summer time madness scent. You will not be disappointed.

Hope someone finds this useful.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Sub Zero View Post
    Yes, thank you for shedding some light on this elusive brand! Their stuff is hard to find for sure. Based on your description it sounds like an apt name.

Sound Scents

Quote Originally Posted by Sub Zero View Post
    I'd like to share a little story about this one.

I just flew back from London via Dubai a few days ago. I was looking to buy something that you don't find everyday, and ended up getting Jubilation XXV. $200 for a 100ml, good deal I was chuffed. As I was about to walk out I caught a glimpse of the Micallef section and decided to sample a few since I had some time to kill. I tried Jewel for men, Spices and a couple others. Steel Water was the last one and I thought to myself, what a silly name. Sprayed it on a card and left the Duty Free walking towards McDonalds to get myself a Big Mac. I couldn't stop sniffing the damn card. I was floored. It was literally 'WOW'. The last time I had this reaction was when I smelled Aqua Di Gio for the first time. Lets all be honest, we were all floored the first time we smelled Aqua Di Gio. But the best part is, Steel Water goes one step further. It's like Aqua Di Gio meets Green Irish Tweed. Now honestly, how can one pass up on a bottle of that magical juice. U-turn straight back to Duty Free and I got me one of these. $130 for 75ml of Eau de Parfum.

First thing I did when I get home was Google this, and was shocked to find next to nothing on it. In fact I coudn't even find it on the Micallef website let alone Basenotes. This was the only thread I could find. There is a separate website for the Studio line which hasn't even been updated with this one. Overall I'm pleased as punch. This is a summer time madness scent. You will not be disappointed.

Yes, very useful indeed. I have been looking to sample this one ever since it was announced with no luck. I am hoping the Micallef USA rep will start selling it soon... Alas, nothing yet to the best of my knowledge. :-(
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frdric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'dri) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

I haven't seen Steel Water in years here either and Micallef is popular here too.

for swap/sale:

I won that auction for Steel Water in October on Micallef's Ebay site when they put it up, as I was the only bidder. It was only put up for auction once. By the way, it is on Micallef's French website under studio fragrances, and then you have to click the link for news and it's under that link for news. It's a great scent.

http://www.micallef-studio.com/us/micallef-studio.html

I generally like Micallef (and G. Nejman) fragrances, and own quite a number of them. But so far I haven't found much to like about the Micallef Studio line. I've sampled all of them except for Steel Water and haven't been able to talk myself into buying any of them. I know that they're lower priced than the regular line and designed for a younger customer base. They just don't smell as attractive or as interesting as the other Micallef fragrances.

Steel Water hasn't made an appearance locally, and I'll be sure to try it when it does, but I'm not expecting much. I'm not a big Cool Water or Aqua di Gio fan, but I'm willing to give it a shot.