Code of Conduct

Default Do people really hate Curve Crush?

I'm working nightshift today, and am already thinking about which cologne to wear. I'm leaning towards Curve Crush. I checked the basenote reviews and they were amazingly poor. I checked Echo reviews as well, since many, including myself, notice a strong resemblance. What's the deal? Are people just mad at the lack of originality, or does this stuff really reek to them? Personally, I think this stuff can hold it's own against Cool Water, Hugo, and other notable aquatics. Any thoughts out there?

Default Re: Do people really hate Curve Crush?

I used to like it. I really did, now not so much, it lacks depth, it smells like sweet tarts.

It just smells so generic. My roommate used to wear it daily, and I always thought it just smelled pretty nice, but boring. As David said, it seems to have very little depth or complexity, especially compared to some of the others you mention.

-Slim
    Haikus are easy
    But do not always make sense
    Refrigerator

And here (just search for Slim):
    http://scentsplits.wikidot.com/current-splits

I like the scent well enough, but it would eventually give me a headache. Gave away the small bottle that was gifted to me.

I too used to like it when I first bought it, but typically the longer you use a fragrance.. the more you notice its cons. It doesn't smell bad in the first 2 minutes or so. Somewhat like candy, rather sweet but still has that Curve structure. It just doesn't make sense though -- meaning the scent itself. It's like sweet for 2 minutes than fades away, in those 2 minutes while it is sweet it also gives me a headache. It smells very synthetic but not really metallic until it sets in a little more. In a nutshell Crush is basically one of those fragrances that doesn't smell so bad, it's just not wearable. Period.
    Last edited by The_Cologneist; 29th March 2010 at 01:22 AM.

It's headache inducing and isn't even original. It's very synthetic and harsh.