Code of Conduct

Default Similar To Hermes Un Jardin Sur Le Nil

Hello, basenotes. This is my first post here. I'd like/love to know of any fragrances that are similar to my beloved Hermes Un Jardin Sur Le Nil. Un Jardin Apres La Mousson was okay, but there has to be something better. I've had suggestions thrown at me including Chanel No. 19, Chanel Cristalle Eau Verte, L'Artisan Parfumeur Fleur de Liane and the "new" Dior Eau Fraiche (but that one isn't doesn't appear to be offered in the US ) to name a few. I've already decided to give L'Artisan Parfumeur's Fleur de Liane a blind shot. Any other suggestions would make my day. I'll be purchasing 2 more floral green scents before I return to the roses.
    Last edited by JaeRoseLover; 29th March 2010 at 01:09 AM.

Default Re: Similar To Hermes Un Jardin Sur Le Nil

Hmmm, I also love UJSLN and I love some of the green florals you mentioned, but would not necessarily say that they remind me of each other. Nil is kind of a Franken-fume with bits and pieces of multiple scent-genres re-animated into something truly unique. It has citrus--the grapefruit opening. It has fruit--the unripened mango. It has oriental qualities--the incense and dry woods. It has fresh, aquatic qualities--the wet tone and the lotus/calamus accord. And it has some green floral qualities, but I wouldn't call it a green floral like Chanel No. 19 or Ma Griffe or Chamade.

That said, lighter orientals with citrus may be the way to go. Check out Shalimar Eau Legere, Shaal Nur, and Habit Rouge. Eau Sauvage, Diorella, and Cristalle edt might be worth trying too because they have citrus and light chypre-accords and musk. Terre d'Hermes might be another JC Ellena scent to check out beyond the Nil, Mousson, and Mediterranee Jardin series. Good luck!
    I offer you perfume,
    More for its pleasure than for yours;
    You perfume perfume.

--Anonymous Ancient Greek Love Lyric

Basenotes Institution

Eau de Pamplemousse Rose by Hermes is pretty darn close.

Cristalle Eau Verte starts with citrus and green, but the drydown is evocative of air fresheners. Definitely sample first.

I agree with antaeusintheair--you may want to try the original Cristalle, either in EDP or EDT. It is a citrus-green, more classic smelling than UJSLN, and quite lovely. Also, Estee Lauder Private Collection Jasmine White Moss is in the same ballpark.

Un Jardin sur le Nil is a unique work of art. There is nothing like it.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBoy View Post
    Un Jardin sur le Nil is a unique work of art. There is nothing like it.
    I do Love this myself.....I have not found anything that would replace this for me.....Welcome to Basenotes JaeRoseLover!!!
    Gary

Fico di Amalfi by Acqua di Parma reminds me of Un Jardin Sur la Nil.

Love the sur le nil as well, haven't smelt anything that can replicate the combination of green mango and citrus. Good luck with your search!