Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 46 of 46
  1. #1

    Default Going out fragrances

    As the title says what are some ideal fragrances for going out? When I mean going out I don't mean on an elegant date with a special someone. I mean if I am going out to a club or a party where everything is going to be hot and sweaty. It does not need to be season specific. Something with good sillage and longevity that screams a little bit of "dirty". I am 20 years old if that helps out any. The colognes I have are as follows:

    Body Kouros
    Chanel Allure Homme Sport
    Kenneth Cole Reaction
    Aramis Havana

    I have a few more but never wear any of the others!

  2. #2

    Default Re: Going out fragrances

    going out for?

    vacation? a good aquatic like bulgari aqua marine hits the spot
    formal outing? Heritage, CPM
    date? M7, Habit Rouge

    Clubs demand stuff with huge sillage, namely M7 and Heritage :P

  3. #3

    Default Re: Going out fragrances

    Quote Originally Posted by joey86 View Post
    going out for?

    vacation? a good aquatic like bulgari aqua marine hits the spot
    formal outing? Heritage, CPM
    date? M7, Habit Rouge

    Clubs demand stuff with huge sillage, namely M7 and Heritage :P
    Well in my main post I clearly state it is club/party only. Is M7 really that good? It gets alot of talk around here.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Going out fragrances

    A men, joop, Obsession, Fahrenheit, pure malt

  5. #5

    Default Re: Going out fragrances

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidBond007 View Post
    A men, joop, Obsession, Fahrenheit, pure malt
    A*men smells like I just came from my grandmothers house where she was just making cookies. Does not really scream "dirty" to me. As for the others you mentioned I will have to try them.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Going out fragrances

    Quote Originally Posted by mike1990 View Post
    Well in my main post I clearly state it is club/party only. Is M7 really that good? It gets alot of talk around here.
    yep it is that good. but do sample it first before buying. It's not up everyone's alley.

    It drys down to a musky ambery scent.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Going out fragrances

    Quote Originally Posted by joey86 View Post
    yep it is that good. but do sample it first before buying. It's not up everyone's alley.

    It drys down to a musky ambery scent.
    Alright. Will definitely try first of course. Any other suggestions?

  8. #8

    Default Re: Going out fragrances

    Quote Originally Posted by mike1990 View Post
    A*men smells like I just came from my grandmothers house where she was just making cookies. Does not really scream "dirty" to me. As for the others you mentioned I will have to try them.
    It might not be dirty but going out it is great.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Going out fragrances

    Quote Originally Posted by mike1990 View Post
    Alright. Will definitely try first of course. Any other suggestions?
    try Rive Gauche
    Kouros
    Heritage

    they're classy

    if you want sweet and erm, young, try

    Joop
    Paco Rabone Ultraviolet
    Paco Rabone Black XS (strawberries!)
    Azzaro Twin (men) (apple!)

  10. #10

    Cool Re: Going out fragrances

    Quote Originally Posted by mike1990 View Post
    Well in my main post I clearly state it is club/party only. Is M7 really that good? It gets alot of talk around here.
    I plead the 5th commandment.
    (Critiquing M7 may lead to death threats )

    Anyway if you're looking for something a bit on the animal or " dirty " side there's MKK by Serge Lutens or
    Ead d'Hermes by (appropriately) Hermes.
    Check out the reviews.


    Then there are powerhouses sillage monsters that really project--even with one spray, but that's another story. They vary widely from Platinum Egoiste (battery acid?) to Antaeus (80's elegant flashback)

    Check out: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=36

    And just the "usual suspects " for clubbing, i.e; John Varvatos, Mont Blanc Individuel, Roma Uomo, etc.

    What are the others that you have but don't like all that much? Perhaps that would give us a better clue as to what to recommend.


    Cheers,

    Mario
    Last edited by Mario Justiniani; 29th March 2010 at 03:51 AM.
    My Wardrobe

    Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

    Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

    My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

  11. #11
    Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    7,146

    Default Re: Going out fragrances

    Poison; Hypnotic Poison; Hot Couture;
    Joop! Homme; Ja´pur PH; Fahrenheit;
    Dior Homme Intense; Ma Dame; ChloÚ
    Narcisse; Emporio Armani Diamonds ...

    ... damn, so many good frags to party in!

  12. #12

    Default Re: Going out fragrances

    D&G By
    Paco $1million
    Versace Man
    Cacharel Nemo
    V&R Antidote
    Lanvin Arpege

  13. #13

    Default Re: Going out fragrances

    Quote Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc View Post
    Poison; Hypnotic Poison; Hot Couture;
    Joop! Homme; Ja´pur PH; Fahrenheit;
    Dior Homme Intense; Ma Dame; ChloÚ
    Narcisse; Emporio Armani Diamonds ...

    ... damn, so many good frags to party in!
    so many female frags! now dont scare off the boys...

  14. #14

    Cool Re: Going out fragrances

    Sorry, double post.
    Last edited by Mario Justiniani; 29th March 2010 at 03:50 AM.
    My Wardrobe

    Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

    Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

    My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Going out fragrances

    Quote Originally Posted by Mario Justiniani View Post
    I plead the 5th commandment.
    (Critiquing M7 may lead to death threats )

    Anyway if you're looking for something a bit on the animal or " dirty " side there's MKK by Serge Lutens or
    Ead d'Hermes by (appropriately) Hermes.
    Check out the reviews.


    Then there are powerhouses sillage monsters that really project--even with one spray, but that's another story. They vary widely from Platinum Egoiste (battery acid?) to Antaeus (80's elegant flashback)

    Check out: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=36

    And just the "usual suspects " for clubbing, i.e; John Varvatos, Mont Blanc Individuel, Roma Uomo, etc.

    What are the others that you have but don't like all that much? Perhaps that would give us a better clue as to what to recommend.


    Cheers,

    Mario
    The others I have but do not enjoy are Curve Wave, DKNY Be Delicious for Men, Tommy for Him, Michael Jordan, Tommy Athletics, Tommy Freedom
    Last edited by mike1990; 29th March 2010 at 04:01 AM.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Going out fragrances

    Givenchy Pi

  17. #17
    Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    7,146

    Default Re: Going out fragrances

    Quote Originally Posted by joey86 View Post
    so many female frags! now dont scare off the boys...
    There you are again, you devil you!

    STALKER ALERT everybody! BEWARE!

  18. #18

    Default Re: Going out fragrances

    Club/Party?
    u're young like me.. i dont like "old men" fragrances.. i like modern scents to going out..
    if u like sweet fragrances u should try

    Rochas Man
    Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    Pure Malt
    Paco Rabanne 1 Million
    L'Instant de Guerlain

    but..
    IMO Body Kouros is good.. i love it
    Last edited by blas; 29th March 2010 at 04:36 AM.
    "Nothing breaks up a team faster than.. Herpes"


    -- Top --
    (1) Guerlain Tonka Imperiale (2) Creed Millesime Imperial
    (3) Creed Silver Mountain Water (4) Creed Aventus
    (5) Creed Green Irish Tweed (6) Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Malt
    (7) Amouage Reflection Man

  19. #19

    Default Re: Going out fragrances

    I think weird and fun scents are for having a weird and fun time, which is what I like parties to be. What smells weird to you and would be fun to wear is what you should pick.

    From my collection I've been happy with Diptyque's Ofresia or Diptyque's Eau Lente for parties. Also Carlo Corinto's original scent is great for wildness because it is one mighty loudspeaker of a scent. Grey Flannel is also great for this type of scent (it's always great) but from the ones listed in your original post I'd pick Havana for my Friday and Saturday shake-it nights.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Going out fragrances

    Quote Originally Posted by blas View Post
    Club/Party?
    u're young like me.. i dont like "old men" fragrances.. i like modern scents to going out..
    if u like sweet fragrances u should try

    Rochas Man
    Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    Pure Malt
    Paco Rabanne 1 Million
    L'Instant de Guerlain

    but..
    IMO Body Kouros is good.. i love it
    I own Body Kouros but I do not see it really as a sillage monster. Does it last on you when going out?

  21. #21

    Default Re: Going out fragrances

    Quote Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc View Post
    There you are again, you devil you!

    STALKER ALERT everybody! BEWARE!
    No... wait.... that's me!

    (well. I'm not a very good stalker. Just a stalker wannabe.)

    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

  22. #22

    Default Re: Going out fragrances

    yeah it last and has a good sillage but u're right, isn't a "super sillage monster".. i love it for going out, i dont like BK for office or school.. try more sprays.. dont know, each skin is different.. with 4-5 sprays i'm fine..
    "Nothing breaks up a team faster than.. Herpes"


    -- Top --
    (1) Guerlain Tonka Imperiale (2) Creed Millesime Imperial
    (3) Creed Silver Mountain Water (4) Creed Aventus
    (5) Creed Green Irish Tweed (6) Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Malt
    (7) Amouage Reflection Man

  23. #23

    Default Re: Going out fragrances

    Quote Originally Posted by mike1990 View Post
    As the title says what are some ideal fragrances for going out? When I mean going out I don't mean on an elegant date with a special someone. I mean if I am going out to a club or a party where everything is going to be hot and sweaty. It does not need to be season specific. Something with good sillage and longevity that screams a little bit of "dirty". I am 20 years old if that helps out any. The colognes I have are as follows:

    Body Kouros
    Chanel Allure Homme Sport
    Kenneth Cole Reaction
    Aramis Havana

    I have a few more but never wear any of the others!
    Mainstream: A*Men Pure Malt
    Niche: Musc Ravageur

  24. #24

    Default Re: Going out fragrances

    Costume National - Scent Intense and Lolita lempicka au Masculin are my two favorite 'going out' fragrances. I've yet to find anyone of the fairer sex that doesnt like Lolita Lempicka
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

    Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

  25. #25

    Default Re: Going out fragrances

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony87 View Post
    Costume National - Scent Intense and Lolita lempicka au Masculin are my two favorite 'going out' fragrances. I've yet to find anyone of the fairer sex that doesnt like Lolita Lempicka
    How is the longevity and sillage? I will give this a test as well

  26. #26

    Default Re: Going out fragrances

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony87 View Post
    Costume National - Scent Intense and Lolita lempicka au Masculin are my two favorite 'going out' fragrances. I've yet to find anyone of the fairer sex that doesnt like Lolita Lempicka
    Yeah, evidently according to an article Spray once posted, women get aroused by a scent akin to Good and Plenty candy, which sort of corresponds to the licorice notes in Lempicka. I am amused by that. Mostly amused that the article specified "Good and Plenty" candy and not licorice or anise.

    Just an old guy who doesn't go to hot, sweaty clubs anymore checking in. Get back to your M7.

    I vote for Rochas Man or Body Kouros. Two of my faves among the more youthful scents.
    Last edited by StylinLA; 29th March 2010 at 05:54 AM.

  27. #27

    Default Re: Going out fragrances

    Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    Yeah, evidently according to an article Spray once posted, women get aroused by a scent akin to Good and Plenty candy, which sort of corresponds to the licorice notes in Lempicka. I am amused by that. Mostly amused that the article specified "Good and Plenty" candy and not licorice or anise.
    Hahaha! I remember. I loved that about good and plenty. Still breaks me up. Now I know what to buy when all the breath mints are sold out.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

  28. #28

    Default Re: Going out fragrances

    Platinum Egoiste
    Paco XS Extreme
    Boss 21
    Mugler Cologne
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

  29. #29

    Default Re: Going out fragrances

    What are your thought on Opium for men? I will be testing this as well. From what I am reading it does have the potential I am looking for. Any thoughts?

  30. #30

    Default Re: Going out fragrances

    Costume National Scent Intense has very pronounced longevity & sillage, same with Lolita Lempicka. You shouldn't have any problems with either of these 2!
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

    Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

  31. #31

    Default Re: Going out fragrances

    Club/Pub/Disco etc: Creed Acier Aluminium
    Creed Himalaya
    Chanel Platinum Egoiste
    YSL La Nuit de L`Homme

    Formal/Dinner/Theater: Creed Tabarome Millesime
    Creed Santal Imperial
    Eau d`Italie Bois d`Ombrie
    Tauer L`Air du desert Marocain.
    Last edited by Oslo-Fjord; 29th March 2010 at 07:29 AM.

  32. #32
    Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    7,146

    Default Re: Going out fragrances

    Quote Originally Posted by mike1990 View Post
    What are your thought on Opium for men? I will be testing this as well. From what I am reading it does have the potential I am looking for. Any thoughts?
    Go for the Eau de Parfum, more expensive, sure,
    but it's waaay better, and it'll last you longer.
    The EdP becomes very vanilla'ish after a couple of
    hours, on me anyway!

  33. #33

    Default Re: Going out fragrances

    You might want to try

    Ungaro III
    Chanel Antaeus
    Burberry London
    Esencia Loewe

    they all scream, at certain extents, sophistication, yet also with a slight edgier, more sensual, darker and even "down and dirty" note, however in perfect balance with the quite unique, uncommon and classy overall impression

  34. #34

    Default Re: Going out fragrances

    Quote Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc View Post
    Go for the Eau de Parfum, more expensive, sure,
    but it's waaay better, and it'll last you longer.
    The EdP becomes very vanilla'ish after a couple of
    hours, on me anyway!

    Where would I find that EdP and why is it better?

  35. #35

    Default Re: Going out fragrances

    Quote Originally Posted by mike1990 View Post
    Where would I find that EdP and why is it better?
    The edp is very hard to find stateside, if you're in the US. You might be better off giving up on it--no guarantee it'll be a wonder for you after all--and sticking with the edt, which has great duration for an edt. Can't remember the projection, but as a rule edps stick closer to the skin and don't project as much as edts. There's no shame with the edt, and there certainly isn't a reason to reject it because it isn't edp. The edp is thicker with the heavy basenotes and is more tightly wound as a blend. The edt opens better and is less of an incomprehensible (yet great smelling) dense box. Opium PH is not a bad choice at all. I just don't agree that it's the edp or nothing.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

  36. #36

    Default Re: Going out fragrances

    Club or party

    Hugo Boss Dark Blue (I really love this one, mayhaps cause it evokes nostalgic feelings in me)
    Joop! Joop! Homme
    JPG Le Male
    YSL M7
    YSL Body Kouros
    Versace Dreamer
    Cerruti 1881 Black
    CK Obsession for men
    Givenchy Pi

    Al those are also great for dates and intimate occasions, if so, Joop! Homme, Pi and Obsession require careful application in this case.
    Last edited by Zgb; 29th March 2010 at 08:01 PM.

  37. #37

    Default Re: Going out fragrances

    Whatever scent you like the best.

  38. #38
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & B˙zios
    Posts
    77,315

    Default Re: Going out fragrances

    Any fragrance within your immediate reach.

  39. #39

    Default Re: Going out fragrances

    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Any fragrance within your immediate reach.
    I'll just splash on some Diet Peach Snapple then!

  40. #40

    Default Re: Going out fragrances

    My favorite clubbing fragrance: Gucci Rush for Men. Strong, pleasantly incensey, a sort of naughty-druggy scent. Hard to find, worth tracking down IMO, but don't go paying $200 or anything like that for it. In the infamous "plastic box/casette tape" bottle, which I think is cool.

  41. #41

    Default Re: Going out fragrances

    Joop! Homme

  42. #42

    Default Re: Going out fragrances

    Rochas Man
    Le Male
    1 Million
    La Nuit de L'homme
    Pure Malt

  43. #43

    Default Re: Going out fragrances

    Quote Originally Posted by DHPet View Post
    Rochas Man
    Le Male
    1 Million
    La Nuit de L'homme
    Pure Malt
    I actually tried La Nuit de L'homme and I didn't quite think it fit the bill. I also tried Polo, A*Men, and Gucci Envy. None of the scents impressed me even for casual wear. I smell a resemblance between Envy and Tommy for Him. A*Men smells like vanilla and mint on my skin. Nice to smell but not for me to wear.

  44. #44
    DeepSilence
    Guest

    Default Re: Going out fragrances

    Quote Originally Posted by mike1990 View Post
    As the title says what are some ideal fragrances for going out? When I mean going out I don't mean on an elegant date with a special someone. I mean if I am going out to a club or a party where everything is going to be hot and sweaty. It does not need to be season specific. Something with good sillage and longevity that screams a little bit of "dirty". I am 20 years old if that helps out any. The colognes I have are as follows:

    Body Kouros
    Chanel Allure Homme Sport
    Kenneth Cole Reaction
    Aramis Havana

    I have a few more but never wear any of the others!
    I THINK Allure Sport does't screem dirty, and show you are nice, i think it's not suitable club and parties.

  45. #45

    Default Re: Going out fragrances

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamid View Post
    I THINK Allure Sport does't screem dirty, and show you are nice, i think it's not suitable club and parties.
    I do not mean to sound rude but how did your post help me at all? I am very well aware that it does not scream dirty. For me it is an everyday wear scent. That is why I made this thread for additional suggestions.

  46. #46
    DeepSilence
    Guest

    Default Re: Going out fragrances

    By my experience, for every usuall day we should not wear very strong and heavy perfume.
    and some perfumes are too hot and too special those are not suitable too. for normal days i will wear simple perfumes, like Acqua Di Gio.
    I prefer to choose middle perfumes. not too strong, not too sporty, not too cold. Now DUNHILL (2003) is my favourite perfume. everyday i wear it. but for formal days i will choose a little stronger perfume, like Opium.
    Last edited by DeepSilence; 30th March 2010 at 05:47 AM.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 16th March 2010, 03:51 AM
  2. female fragrances vs feminine fragrances
    By aztec in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 25th March 2005, 03:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •