Code of Conduct

Default gucci ph I v. gucci ph II

I have gucci ph I and my wife says it smells like dr. pepper and powder lol. She thinks alot of things I wear smell like baby powder though. She really isnt into cologne like I am. I have like 20 bottles lol.

What do you guys think? I am thinking about trading PH I for PH II but not sure. What are your experiences with the two?

Longevity
    Sillage
    Compliments
    When to wear (Day, night, date, work etc.)

Default Re: gucci ph I v. gucci ph II

They are absolutely nothing alike other than in appearance.

GPHI is very spicy, dry, woody, sweet.

GPHII is cooling, has that tea note, sweet, close to the skin.

Longevity I think GPHI beats II, likewise with sillage too. GHPII is a lot safer than I though, so compliments i'd give to II, and when to wear...II is a bit more versatile. I is more of a colder weather scent IMO.

I love I, and I really like II aswell, but the poor longevity and sillage prevents me from buying it.

yea. I have a sample of gucci ph II from perfumed court and it seems like it might have a sillage prob. As far as a longevity issue, I still smell it on my arm albiet not super strong after 45 minutes or so. But I suspect that if I had used a few sprays of an atomizer then it would be what I consider decent in both catagories. Possibly a sig scent G PHII. G PHI IMO could not be sig scent. It smells good but is hard to wear in the sense that you smell like an old school that has tons of old desks and books. Smells nice but hard to wear ya know?

I gotta agree 100% with ionly.

I've never tried I, but II I spotted at Marshall's (for 24.99 - 1.7oz) and I really enjoyed it. However, it's just not something I can wear.. smells awesome though, kind of light. I can't remember the smell itself as much as I can the fact that I kept sniffing my arm and really enjoying it. But usually when I sniff my arm so much it's because the sillage is weak. I mostly recall tea and pepper notes, not synthetic smelling either, with a nice sweet dry down.

I had originally dismissed Gucci PH II as being pleasant and rather top note heavy. However, having experienced a full wearing over several days, I realised that it is wonderfully subtle fragrance, with a rather endearing tea note. I also had misgivings about its longevity, but again it is merely contained rather than brief. I am looking forward to using this once we enter the warmer months.

#2 the sweet black tea and cinnamon gets me every time i love it.

GPHI - baby powder??! That baby would smell like a smoldering campfire with spices. If your wife thinks PHI smells like baby powder, I think she would say PHII smells more like baby powder, as it has more sweetened notes in the base.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

I own PH I and now is the favourite mainstream frag in my collection. I had all of range EDT 100ml & 50ml, after shave lotion 100ml, deodorant stick & all over shampoo. Quite rarely to get all the collection in market now...i vote for PH I because

Longevity - PH I can least on my skin > 10 hours
    Sillage - I get good sillage on PH I 9/10
    Compliments - This is great smokey incense smokey burning woody frags..also kudos the leather smell blended so unique & quality that give classy scent. I'm liking on spicy, cedar, leather burning wood notes like catholic chruch incense smell
    When to wear - fall/winter frags (formal & romantic wear)

I never try PH II but from what i get during test it at frags counter is smell soft & sweet than PH I. Poor on longevity & sillage on least on my skin about 4 hours than all gone. PH II is more on black tea with a sweet myrrh and tobacco finish. PH II suitable for daily use especialy during spring and summer (office & casual)

I have both but my personal preference is for PH1

The majority of Bnotes love PH I over II but then again, members tend to have more refined, picky noses. I prefer the second one, its more suitable for people my age (20's)

My choice out of the two would be Gucci pH II. I had grown tired of it before but have rekindled my interest with this one. A subtle, spicy fragrance that can be applied liberally.

I dont have the post count to post in the for sale section or swaps section. I bought a few colognes based on a few threads posted here as blind buys and now I have decided to sell them after only spraying them a few times. This means that they are practically new but I have to sell them at reduced rates. Bought them at fragrancenet.com so you know that they are the real deal. I have them in ebay auctions in the links below if you guys are interested. I need to sell these in order to buy what I really want ie. GPH I and Creed Virgin Island Water.

Gucci Pour Homme I
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...STRK:MESELX:IT

Rochas Man

Lolita Lempicka Man

They are listed for really cheap so hurry and get it. I am a long time basenotes lurker.. joined December 2008 but rarely post. And with the new restrictions on posting for sale items/swap items of 500 posts is pretty ridiculous if you ask me. I have shown that I am just as addicted to fragrances as all of the members of this forum and should be able to liquidate my stash when I need to lol.

Colognes I currently own

GPHI
    Creed - GIT, Himilaya, MI, Orig Santal.
    Kouros
    pal zileri sator..
    M7
    versace man eau frau
    CK euphoria
    Paris hilton
    Chanel Platinum ego
    aqua D gio
    armani code
    rochas man
    lolita lempicka man
    terre de hermes
    juicy dirty english
    carlos santana
    burberry london

and about 30 different decants from theperfumedcourt.com which were the basenotes award winners.

All of my bottles are 3.3-4oz. I rarely ever buy in the small size. Just telling you guys all this to show my addiction. Most of my bottles 85% of them are not even half empty. please check out my auctions with a buy it now option so I can feed my addiction lol.

PH I: pencil shavings with amber (winter frag)
    PH II: cinnamon iced tea (all-year, but very suitable for summer frag)

I'm smitten with PH II, and I think it doesn't get the love it deserves here at Basenotes because of its blue colour, and because it's a 'lighter' flanker with aquatic tendencies to the stronger PH I.
    Last edited by Stereotomy; 31st March 2010 at 11:53 PM.
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

Gucci pour Homme II

Quote Originally Posted by Stereotomy View Post
    PH I: pencil shavings with amber (winter frag)
    PH II: cinnamon iced tea (all-year, but very suitable for summer frag)

I'm smitten with PH II, and I think it doesn't get the love it deserves here at Basenotes because of its blue colour, and because it's a 'lighter' flanker with aquatic tendencies to the stronger PH I.
    HIt the nail on the head. Gucci PH II is a great scent and definitely the one I prefer over the first. It's a light, pleasant, black tea cinnamon scent that's gorgeous. It was probably meant as a close to skin fragrance, but I wish it had better sillage since I like my fragrances to have that usually.
    Gucci PH II was just a sweet pencil shaving type smell primarily from what I've encountered. The majority of Basenotes are an older crowd so I can see why it's preferred.
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

I like Gucci ph I, but I really enjoy Gucci ph II. One of my current favorites. It does stay a little close to the skin, but I'm curious to see if longevity is any different in warmer weather.

I really really want to buy Gucci Pour Homme II and Creed Virgin Island Water right now but first I need to sell three of by colognes that I will never use to afford it. I am selling them at a drastically reduced price and the bottles are 95-99% full. I barely used these. Please check them out! Ive got GPHII and VIW in my shopping cart at fragrancenet.com and am really wanting to confirm.

Gucci Pour Homme I
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ELX:IT&afsrc=1

Rochas Man

Lolita Lempicka Man
    Last edited by ionlyknowy; 1st April 2010 at 06:18 AM.

They are very different fragrances, but for me there's no question at all. PH I is by far the one I prefer more.
    ---

I am a Jasmine Award winning fragrance critic, amateur perfumer, Basenotes contributor and regular columnist for Esprit Magazine. My perfume guide, Le Snob: Perfume, is published by Hardie Grant. Click on its title for more info.

For giveaways, reviews of new perfume releases and thoughts on all sorts of scent-related matters, please visit Persolaise.com or find me on Twitter or Facebook.

Many thanks.

PH1 is one of my favorite winter scents. It's like being in front of a cozy fireplace -- burning woods and resins fill the air.