14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mugler Cologne

7 50.00%
  • PS Story

2 14.29%
  • GF Bergamotto Marino

6 42.86%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Default GF Bergamotto Marino/Mugler Cologne/PS Story?

since none of them are sold in my country,i'll blind buy one of them (as usual)...MC seems to be the safest option but the problem is that there's only a 300 ml bottle at strawberry.on the other hand story sounds great to me but i've "read" that it has longetivity&sillage problem.GF is the last option but it has melon note which i don't like at all and i also have doubts that it may smell similar to gai mattiolo uomo ,which i have,coz of its aquatic character...looking forward to precious opinions of BN members!

P.S : i'll be happy if ur comments include their longetivities&sillages! thanks in advance!

Default Re: GF Bergamotto Marino/Mugler Cologne/PS Story?

I like MC, but sometimes it's a bit too sharp. Also, MC relies on musk in the drydown so how you perceive the longevity depends on if you can smell the musk. I've only tried PS once and found that it was too soft for me. BM is good; the aquatic side is not so dominant. Its floral side is more noticeable than MC's. So, I'll choose BM.
    Last edited by zliang; 29th March 2010 at 05:35 PM.

thanks for ur help zliang! actually i'm looking for a citrus scent rather than a floral or an aquatic one, do u think that BM will meet my expectation? is it citrus enough?

For a great citrus scent, try Bergamot 22 by Le Labo. It feels bright, soft and citrusy, but also sharp, due to the cedar in the base (which never comes off too sharp or synthetic), and there are no soapy overtones or chemical feel to it. I highly recommend it.
    Last edited by L'Aventurier; 29th March 2010 at 11:43 PM.
    Sales thread here

Quote Originally Posted by L'aventurier View Post
    For a great citrus scent, try Bergamot 22 by Le Labo. It feels bright, soft and citrusy, but also sharp, due to the cedar in the base (which never comes off too sharp or synthetic), and there are no soapy overtones or chemical feel to it. I highly recommend it.
    I agree, LOVE the topnotes.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Both MC and Story are safe blind buys. They are not exactly the same but share a lot in common. I have them both, but prefer MC when I want to feel its very crispy cleanliness and prefer Story when I want to smell inoffensive and nice (does great with ivy and bergamot notes). Buy them both and seal your fresh&clean deal.

I know zilch about Bergamotto Marino though.
    Last edited by leto; 30th March 2010 at 07:21 AM.

For me, this vote was a close draw between MC and Bergamotto Marino, whom I both gladly recommend

thank u all for ur suggestions! i think i had better tell u my small & modest summer rotation. i have a floral (bvlgari ph), an aquatic & spicy (gai mattiolo uomo which is actually a bit of everything), an aromatic fougere (trussardi python) and i'll order a ysl live jazz in a few days...what should be the next one among BM/MC/Story trio? i've started to think that story may collide with bvlgari and live jazz, am i wrong? what i need is a real citrus scent,that's why i'm more prone to selecting either BM or MC and if BM is citrus enough i'm ready to order a 50mL bottle.shall i do it or wait for MC? looking forward to ur opinions...thanks in advance