Code of Conduct

Question HELP ME!! dior homme fake?

hey guys. recently bought a bottle of dior homme and think its great!! however i did buy it from ebay and was wondering if its a fake.

iv seen some pictures and it had DIOR engraved onto the steel tube at the bottom. but mine doesnt have that? and there is no sticker at the bottom it just says dior homme 100ml. and the logevity of this isnt that great, can only smell it close to the skin then it wears off about 1 hour later?

this is a tester bottle, does that make a differnce to this?

help please guys!

Default Re: HELP ME!! dior homme fake?

1. How much did you pay for it?
    2. What was the seller's rating?
    3. Do you have pics?
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 29th March 2010 at 07:55 PM.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Doesn't sound right. My bottle, recently purchased at a shopping mall fragrance store, has Dior engraved on the steel tube. Bottome of the bottle decal:

EAU DE TOILETTE

MADE IN FRANCE

Parfums Chrisian Dior
    75008 Paris - France

50 ML - 1.7 FL OZ

The bottle of DH Intense that I received from strawberrynet.com has similar markings on the bottom. but the tube is black, no etching.

OP: Post pictures of the bottle from several different angles; we've got enough DH owners here who can tell you. I have 3 bottles of DH, one from eBay, and they all look identical (that is the eBay purchased one looks like the duty-free-shop-purchased one.) Though I confess from what you've told us so far, it sounds fake.
    Q: How do you make a feminine fragrance masculine?
    A: Add 'Pour Homme' to the bottle
    - Pierre Bourdon

Sounds fishy OP. Post pics if possible

Hehe I also have bought one 100ml but it has the Dior engraved in that tube inside it, under the bottle I find

Parfums Chrisian Dior
    75008 Paris - France

but not on a sticker, somehow engraved in the bottle.

If this is a fake then it's one of the best fakes I have ever seen.

Now regarding your situation
    "this is a tester bottle, does that make a differnce to this?"
    If it's a tester then there are high chances of being original.
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mrcologneguy View Post
    Doesn't sound right. My bottle, recently purchased at a shopping mall fragrance store, has Dior engraved on the steel tube. Bottome of the bottle decal:

EAU DE TOILETTE

MADE IN FRANCE

Parfums Chrisian Dior
    75008 Paris - France
    Like mine ... no sticker, just engraving!
    Last edited by Le Grand Duc; 30th March 2010 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GourmandHomme View Post
    OP: Post pictures of the bottle from several different angles; we've got enough DH owners here who can tell you. I have 3 bottles of DH, one from eBay, and they all look identical (that is the eBay purchased one looks like the duty-free-shop-purchased one.) Though I confess from what you've told us so far, it sounds fake.
    Does your bottles come with the engravings on the bottom or the decals? Oh, and how do you tell if it looks like aduty free shop one?

EAU DE TOILETTE

MADE IN FRANCE

Parfums Chrisian Dior
    75008 Paris - France

50 ML - 1.7 FL OZ

The bottle of DH Intense that I received from strawberrynet.com has similar markings on the bottom. but the tube is black, no etching.
    What place did you buy it at?

I bought Dior Homme today, longevity and projection are great, so you probably got fake.

Quote Originally Posted by Zgb View Post
    I bought Dior Homme today, longevity and projection are great, so you probably got fake.
    Decal/sticker or engravings?

Does anyone has a reply for this thread?
    I think that the Tester doesn't have the Dior logo engraved on the metallic tube and the Retail has.

The bottle design has been tweaked a time or two, including the engraving on the inside. I've seen testers in stores that don't have it.

Doesn't sound right.
    Agree

Do they counterfeit testers? Seems like a really dumb thing to do, since they could make more money off the retail bottle that they could mass produce and put in their shiny fake boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by pedropbr View Post
    Does anyone has a reply for this thread?
    I think that the Tester doesn't have the Dior logo engraved on the metallic tube and the Retail has.
    I also have a bottle with no engraving on the metal tube inside. It smells pretty good but no any SIGN let me know this is a TESTER bottle.
    Anybody can help???

I just bought a bottle of Dior Homme from fragrancenet. From the 4-digit lot number, I've found that it was manufactured in September 2010. However, my problem lies in the fact that the sprayer (not the collar) is white, not black like my other Dior Homme bottles in the past. Iris is stronger than I remember, but longevity and overall scent are on par with my other bottles. Do I have a fake?

Quote Originally Posted by MrWarEagle93 View Post
    I just bought a bottle of Dior Homme from fragrancenet. From the 4-digit lot number, I've found that it was manufactured in September 2010. However, my problem lies in the fact that the sprayer (not the collar) is white, not black like my other Dior Homme bottles in the past. Iris is stronger than I remember, but longevity and overall scent are on par with my other bottles. Do I have a fake?
    I believe Fragrancenet do not sell fakes. What bottle size did you buy? Is it brand new or unboxed?

they are all fakes. sorry guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Zgb View Post
    If it has poor longevity and projection that doesen't mean it's fake. I got max 2 hours with original DH and poor projection

It's a 1.7 oz bottle, and it came in the cardboard holder that's inside of the box, not the box itself. After further investigation, I've found that it does not have Dior Homme etched on the tube. So maybe a tester?

I also heard that wholesalers grind off the serial numbers on the fragrances. Any truth to this? If yes, then why?

Thanks

My Dior Homme I bought at Sephora and it is the older juice. It doesn't have great projection and most of the time its longevity is average or below average on me.

Hi. I have bought Dior Homme 1.7 oz from eBay and now I am wondering, if it's fake. It does't have the letters engraved on the tube inside of the bottle! BUT - other than that, it is absolutely perfect. Came sealed with the round CD sticker on top. The details are amazing, everything matches, details, outstanding sprayer. The codes match and show as valid on Checkcosmetic site.

Why does so many people think there are Dior Homme fakes, when noone can attest to it? When there is no way to tell. The bottle design is complex as hell and everything matches but it is a fake because I bought it on eBay for a good price? People sell cheap on eBay from time to time, when your lucky.

I am not offending anyone. I feel bad at the moment because you guys make me think that I got screwed. And what frustrates me even more is the fact, that I dont know if I actually got screwed - I cant tell.

Any thoughts?

P.S. I know there are fakes of Acqua di Gio and 1 million and probably some others. But are you guysreally sure there are fakes of Dior Homme line?

Dont get drawn into the paranoia trap. You have no reason to think its fake so be happy you got a good deal.

Dior did indeed at one time release DH without the engraving on the inner tube, so that's not an indicative sign of a fake.

With regards to whether there are indeed fakes of the Dior Line, I have received a pretty badly faked Dior Homme Sport from eBay. Can't comment on DHI and DH.

[QUOTE=kyb15;2446082] The codes match and show as valid on Checkcosmetic site.

Didn't know this site existed!! THANKS I love it!
    -Cologne is the only fashionable thing that fits me! (Me, circa 1997-present)
    http://www.youtube.com/860cologne