Code of Conduct

Cool john varvatos? help please

hey guys im looking at purchasing john varvatos and was just wondering is this suitable for a 19 year old? as i saw someone its not reccomended for younger crowds. please help before i purchase. thanks guys!

Default Re: john varvatos? help please

It is most definetly suited for younger crowds, but I just think the longevity is lacking ( on skin). There are better choices out there, in my opinion.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge, Concentré D'Orange Verte...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

The original Varvatos seems more geared towards 25 and up. The Vintage version, around college age and up. Artisan, all ages. My .02.

I bought a small sample bottle for $5 at a shopping mall fragrance store. You can probably find inexpensive samples online, too. Try that first.

It's not bad stuff, kind of short lived on my skin. Wouldn't call it young or old either way.

John Varvatos the original is a cold weather night-time fragrance for grown-ups (20-25 and up) who want to wear something dark, deep and masculine but also modern, sweet and inviting.

John Varvatos Vintage is an anytime fragrance for mature audiences (30 and up) since it is a traditional masculine fragrance with a gentlemanly feel.

John Varvatos Artisan is a high-quality daytime summer fragrance suitable for young guys (18 and up) or anyone who wants to wear something youthful.

Sur la Plage

It's for whoever wants to wear it, regardless of age
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    It's for whoever wants to wear it, regardless of age
    Noooooooo! Don't listen to him!!!! If you are under 25 and put it on, it will burn your skin, melt your flesh and you will die a painful, horrible, unimaginable death. You've been warned....

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome Toad View Post
    Noooooooo! Don't listen to him!!!! If you are under 25 and put it on, it will burn your skin, melt your flesh and you will die a painful, horrible, unimaginable death. You've been warned....
    Toad knows what he's talking about. Varvatos is no joke.

Seriously, Varvatos smells like Le Male without mint. I wouldn't be surprised to smell Varvatos on a 12 year old.

I agree that longevity isn't great but it's nice and doesn't smell a lot like anything else I've personally tried. I picked it up for about $20 at TJ Maxx. I think it's more of a night time scent but I think you can pull it off at 19.

Same Hello, bought it blind at TJ Maxx -- 4.2 for 24.99. Longevity and sillage aren't great on it, but at least its genius aroma makes up for it. As for this being for the 25 and up crowd, I'm gonna have to disagree. The top notes are quite fruity really which is good for any age and if you don't mind leather (nothing like say English Leather or the base in Nicole Miller) but a more sweet and subtle leather.. then JV will be a great decision.

This was actually my 2nd real fragrance and I was 19 when I bought it. Try to get a feel of what attitude the fragrance brings. It's kind of low key (it will last decently but sillage is low), it's deep and it's sensual. You cant wear it with shorts or that type of "whatever" clothes. If you already dress the part and aren't too extroverted go for it. Thats just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcologneguy View Post
    I bought a small sample bottle for $5 at a shopping mall fragrance store. You can probably find inexpensive samples online, too. Try that first.
    Agreed. I'm not a fan of blind buying anymore, unless its an amazing deal. Personality>age.