Code of Conduct

Default now, you can smell like your fave video game character!

http://msgamesnark.blogspot.com/2009...g-perfume.html

yeah its kinda old but quite a lot of us missed this:

What? What?! That's what "eau de toilet toilette," means, right? Oh, fine, it's perfume, specifically a fragrant homage to Final Fantasy XIII, and it'll be available a month after the game's release in North America.

The 50 ml bottle of "Lightning," inspired by the character of the same name, will cost 7,140 yen or about $83. It's described as having notes of "yellow peach," citrus, "lily of the valley," and bunch of other herbs and spices that Google translate could not parse out for me. The bottle of smell-nice will be ready in April.

I guess its now come to a time where perfumery is no longer an art but just a merchandise. First celebrities, then comic characters (iron man) and now we have scents named and created after video game characters. what will they think of next!
    now, who wants to smell like Mario or Zelda?

Default Re: now, you can smell like your fave video game character!

I'm amazed by these movie/comic book/video game tie ins but on the other hand . . . I guess it's not that much of a cognitive leap from regular perfume advertising.

I suppose we'll see SONIC the perfume soon

The game only just came out so this is great timing, not too old at all even though Japan may have had this for a while.

I like fun stuff like this, it's always a good opportunity to have nerds smelling nice(r)!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zizanioides View Post
    I'm amazed by these movie/comic book/video game tie ins but on the other hand . . . I guess it's not that much of a cognitive leap from regular perfume advertising.
    In regular perfume adverts, they usually revolve around something solid.

here it revolves around an imaginary character whom we can only see if we have a PS3.

Quote Originally Posted by joey86 View Post
    In regular perfume adverts, they usually revolve around something solid.

here it revolves around an imaginary character whom we can only see if we have a PS3.
    It does seem strange to use a video game character in lieu of a brand or perfume house, but beyond the novelty it's not dissimilar. Both are anchoring their products in a fictional or irrelevant cluster of ideas and associations, hoping to transfer positive views of these intangibles to the product they are hawking. In a world with Swiss Army, Ferrari, Boudeica the Victorious (celtic warrior queen) and Etat Libre d`Orange (a 19th century South African state) perfume brands, why not have video game themed perfumes? It does feel weird but it isn't a huge leap.