Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up Habit Rouge Beau Cavalier update.

You know I have always liked Habit Rouge from the first sniff till today, which is some time now. I have to say that I rediscovered this fragrance with the Habit Rouge Beau Cavalier version, which I know is just the EDP in a special edition, but how marvelous this version is. It is sad that Guerlain does not market this in the U.S. HR Beau Cavalier is richer and more cinnamony, and it glows from the skin like an aura. If you like Habit Rouge you must try this version as it is, and I don't use this word much in fragrance, sublime. I imagine this is what the Greek god Apolo would have worn on his earthly visits from Mt. Olympus and for the ladies likely would have been worn by Athena.
    Last edited by N_Tesla; 31st March 2010 at 02:10 AM.

Default Re: Habit Rouge Beau Cavalier update.

Quote Originally Posted by N_Tesla View Post
    You know I have always liked Habit Rouge from the first sniff till today, which is some time now. I have to say that I rediscovered this fragrance with the Habit Rouge Beau Cavalier version, which I know is just the EDP in a special edition, but how marvelous this version is. It is sad that Guerlain does not market this in the U.S. HR Beau Cavalier is richer and more cinnamony, and it glows from the skin like an aura. If you like Habit Rouge you must try this version as it is, and I don't use this word much in fragrance, sublime. I imagine this is what the Greek god Apolo would have worn on his earthly visits from Mt. Olympus and for the ladies likely would have been worn by Athena.
    Thank you, Nick. Yes, the EDP has agarwood in it--the addition of aoud! I like both the EDT and the EDP and I pine for trying the new extrait to be launched later this year! The all-silver Cavalier bottle is very pretty, with its Guerlain double-"G" cipher and the stirrups all over the bottle. I wonder why, though, they did not call it "Beau Chevalier."

BTW, you have to search for this edition and sometimes it is offered as a premium with large Guerlain purchases in boutiques.
    Last edited by Primrose; 31st March 2010 at 03:59 AM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.