Code of Conduct

Default colognes that you dislike that you used to like

sometimes you find a fragrance that you think will stick with you and then you realize you do not like it as much as you used to and now you want to get rid of it.

D and G pour homme
    D and G light blue
    Curve Crush
    Euphoria

Default Re: colognes that you dislike that you used to like

Gucci Envy

Cool Water, Calvin Klein CK1, Obsession and Eternity (I used these in my 20's), Kourous the first one that came out.

Rochas Lui - I have a love / hate relationship with it based on something I cannot identify. Sometimes I love it, sometimes I find it utterly displeasing.

Pollux, me too. I have bought and sold it multiple times. I have finally given up on it since my reaction to it is so inconsistent. Several times I have had it in my cart and then decided against it. I think it might be the way the neroli acts on my skin sometimes, but I'm not sure.

Regards,
    T

Oh nice thread, similar to the opposite one from a couple days ago. This list here for me can simply go on and on and on.. a few that come to mind though: Desire, Curve Crush, Curve Kicks, Avatar, Brit, Just Me, Silver Shadow, Curve Soul, cool Water Frozen, DKNY Be Delicious and Red Delicious, Magnetism, Polo Sport, Tommy. Basically a bunch of chemical catastrophes with nice "in bottle" smells. Most of these I wore for a while though until I guess my nose became more sensitive to flat out crap.

Drakkar Noir: 180 degree turn for me, from almost total admiration, to indifference at most

Just about everything by Serge Luten except Vetiver Oriental, Fumerie Turque, MKK, and Serge Noire. While I still think that the majority of the SL line is well made, I do not want them anywhere near my skin or my nose. After my brief initial flirtation with the line, I have come to find many annoying (Ambre Sultan, Amere Douce) and others just downright offensive to my nose (Chergui, Chypre Rouge, Arabie).
    Last edited by surreality; 31st March 2010 at 03:30 PM.
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

Encre
    Noire
    ... lately I cant stand it.
    The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

CK Euphoria

I'm on a verge with Kenzo PH. I still consider it unique, but it seems this frag rarely gets sprayed on my skin. Salvatore Ferragamo Tuscan Soul - even though it appeals to me, I rarely use it.
    Last edited by Zgb; 31st March 2010 at 04:22 PM.

[QUOTE=TBoner;1794282]Pollux, me too. I have bought and sold it multiple times. I have finally given up on it since my reaction to it is so inconsistent. Several times I have had it in my cart and then decided against it. I think it might be the way the neroli acts on my skin sometimes, but I'm not sure.
    [QUOTE]

Well, good to know it is not only me! Just a suppostion - I guess there is some aromachemical that reacts to atmospheric variables. Or some kind of metabolic mechanism that on certain occasions makes me perceive it as overbearingly sweet. At first I thought about getting a back up bottle, but after finding this out, I decided to spend that money in something else.

I guess it is the kind of risk noses / perfumistas have to face when working with chemical concoctions made with oils with strange names like "4-ethoxy-4,8,8-trimethyl-9-methylidenebicyclo[3.3.1]nonane".

Basteri, Encre Noir is a "long play" edition of vetiver EO. I surely understand why one can get tired of it.
    Last edited by Pollux; 31st March 2010 at 05:59 PM. Reason: Addition

Knize Ten.

hard to say as I smell a fragrance once every few months if that
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

AdG. Wore alot of Armani...Mania and Emporio. When AdG came out I loved it. I stopped wearing it and tried it a year or so later and it was really not that good to me anymore. Actually it is why I may be one of the few here that likes D & G LB PH...because it it kind of reminds me of why I liked AdG to start but isn't overwhelming.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    Oh nice thread, similar to the opposite one from a couple days ago. This list here for me can simply go on and on and on.. a few that come to mind though: Desire, Curve Crush, Curve Kicks, Avatar, Brit, Just Me, Silver Shadow, Curve Soul, cool Water Frozen, DKNY Be Delicious and Red Delicious, Magnetism, Polo Sport, Tommy. Basically a bunch of chemical catastrophes with nice "in bottle" smells. Most of these I wore for a while though until I guess my nose became more sensitive to flat out crap.
    I am happy you like it. I was never a fan of any of the curves except for the reg and crush, now i just like the regular i cannot stand crush anymore

Blog Entries

Mine are Hugo and Izod. These two are the ones that made me rethink buying full bottles, and steered me toward buying decants.

Toughcool, I also still like D&G Light Blue, though I haven't worn it in a while.

I did the opposite on AdG though. I stopped wearing it, and when I came back to it I liked it even more than I did before. I discovered that I really enjoy it applied lightly. It's way too much, and goes "dryer sheet" on me if I spray more than twice per application.

Mine is RL Safari. Ugh. Absoultely repulses me now but I wore it pretty much all through University.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

M7 - I really liked it at release,
    now it's, hmm ... not for me!
    I really wanna love this again.

Infusion d'Homme.
    Used to smell great until I smelled real iris
    If fragrance has a gender, so does all art.

Hugo Element....Why did I even like this at all....The Amen Patchouli MONSTER..

Cool Water and Drakkar Noir, probably half because they're reformulated and half because they're cheap.
    Last edited by Asmo; 1st April 2010 at 02:03 AM.

This one's easy:

Le Triosieme Homme

Basically liked it when I first got it, slowly disliked it more and more every time I wore it. Now I hate it, so I gave it to my wife a week ago. I enjoy it more on her.

Honorable Mention:

Rocabar

Wore it a lot in the late 90s. Now its sour and dour drydown has turned me off, and it just collects dust.