Code of Conduct

Default Here's what I need to find..

Here's something different, a while back I was at Spencer's and came across a cologne that smelled like pot, in fact I believe it was simply called "Cannabis". Rather pricey as well (something like 35 bucks) for some unknown frag. To me the smell of marijuana is one of the best aromas on the planet. I'm not talking about the uses of it.. but the smell.. and I'm sure I'm not alone.

I love notes that are natural, and marijuana is about as natural as it gets. So can anybody help me find a natural smelling cannabis fragrance. I've come across a couple, but the reviews are skeptical.

Default Re: Here's what I need to find..

Cannabis Santal by Fresh is recurrently mentioned in this community. Here is the review - http://www.basenotes.net/ID26125632.html
    Last edited by Pollux; 31st March 2010 at 04:39 PM.

Black Afghano was marketed as smelling like pot, though whether it does or not is highly debatable.

Cannabis Flower by Demeter is pretty close to dank bud as it gets. I will admit that it doesn't smell exactly like bud, but it's pretty darn close. The drydown is similar to bulgari black.
    You can check out my fragrances at www.garnerjames.com
    While I work on the website, you can email me for any inquiries at james@garnerjames.com

Quote Originally Posted by Pollux View Post
    Cannabis Santal by Fresh is recurrently mentioned in this community. Here is the review - http://www.basenotes.net/ID26125632.html
    Yes I saw this, as I stated that I cam across a couple, as seen in the reviews for this.. it doesn't smell like pot.

Black Afgano might we worth a sniff, but it smells more like hash (which I think is a note in it) or maybe bong water.

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    Black Afgano might we worth a sniff, but it smells more like hash (which I think is a note in it) or maybe bong water.
    Black Afghano smells nothing like hash.
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

Closest thing to Fresh's CS that I've come across is Stetson Untamed, but I focus on the drydown. Note that they are not very close, but fairly similar.

There isn't really one smell, there's thousands of smells dependant on strain and growing method.
    I remember another thread about this recently, and one of the few suggestions which my spidey sense gave merit too was the profumo.it

Quote Originally Posted by surreality View Post
    Black Afghano smells nothing like hash.
    Word.
    Nothing like any hash I've ever smelled.

i agree with cologneist

i just love the smell of marijuana

especially the smell of good quality fresh Buds like purple haze, hydro, skunk, white widow, indo, etc.

i would like to read the opinion of someone who had once in his life graBBed a fresh marijuana Bud and put it to his nose
    so he can make a real comparisson Between the fragrance and the fresh cannaBis Bud
    not just of what he reads on note piramid or an the reviews or threads

http://www.dupetit.de/onlineshop_castellano/shop_e.html

http://www.profumo.it/perfume/prodotto.asp?pid=180 i would like to try this, Bcus it is actually made of the real thang
    if anyBody has tried one of this fragrances i would like to know your opinion
    Bcus i want to order.

I think smelling like Weed could lead to trouble or people avoiding you as a undesirable. Though I can understand you liking the smell having a fragrance like it can only be for the novelty factor.lol

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    ... To me the smell of marijuana is one of the best aromas on the planet. I'm not talking about the uses of it.. but the smell.. and I'm sure I'm not alone...
    No, you're not alone.

IMO, no one has got this down.

My nose is maybe just average so take with a grain of salt. I own both and neither Fresh CS nor Black Afgano smell like any smoked or unsmoked kind I've every been around. I bought some Cannabis/Pot Oil {Save on Scents} and tried mixing my own, primarily as a room spray. Can't say that smell like it either. Like brewed coffee and cigar smoke, I find this scent elusive in perfumery, granted my travels have been limited and my ability to perceive what's out there is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugandaraja View Post
    Black Afghano was marketed as smelling like pot, though whether it does or not is highly debatable.
    It doesn't smell like pot at all, it smells like hashish.

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    There isn't really one smell, there's thousands of smells dependant on strain and growing method.
    I remember another thread about this recently, and one of the few suggestions which my spidey sense gave merit too was the profumo.it
    Thank you, cannabis can duplicate any smell in existence. There are some aspects of the smell of cannabis that are common to most strains but what people identify as a "cannabis" smell is likely to be different from person to person making this a difficult subject.

It's also interesting that the terpenes that create the smells and tastes of cannabis also play a large role in it's effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    I think smelling like Weed could lead to trouble or people avoiding you as a undesirable. Though I can understand you liking the smell having a fragrance like it can only be for the novelty factor.lol
    Agreed. I think it is very interesting how your image and scent change how people perceive and treat you, it would be an interesting experiment but the overall result might be undesirable.

check out Zino by Davidoff

Quote Originally Posted by kxe003 View Post
    check out Zino by Davidoff
    I'm pretty sure that the OP won't be buying any Zino anytime soon. Maybe you missed his Zino haters thread

Have you tried Jamais Le Dimanche?

Quote Originally Posted by BradW View Post
    I'm pretty sure that the OP won't be buying any Zino anytime soon. Maybe you missed his Zino haters thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    Have you tried Jamais Le Dimanche?
    Nope, not yet. Been on the test list for quite a while. I need to get my ass over to luckyscent or perfumedcourt for this one.

hahahahaha, great thread friend!!

the smell of marihuana or hash is one of the most beautiful smell in the world, believe me!

this said, I get a little bit vibe in the opening of Ambre Sultan, whith the hint of dark bay leaf.
    my current top five (always in transition)

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garšons man 2