Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 60 of 113
  1. #1
    Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    7,146

    Default Animal Attack..!

    I'm experiencing something strange this morning,
    lots of you guys seem to have the same avatar.
    I've tryed to write one of you, to ask if it's somesort
    of new club or something I needed to be in, but he
    dosn't know what I am talking about, and claims that
    he has the same avatar as always.
    Is my computer messing with me, or does someone else
    see the same thing?!

    Ppl with Animal avatars; kbe; Anthony87; Dust8; petrucciji;
    StylinLA; Spray; gupts; mattehewfoo; bossanova_boy;
    Ruggels; TwoRoads; mysticknot
    ... amoung others!

    STRANGE!!!

    Last edited by Le Grand Duc; 1st April 2010 at 05:18 AM.

  2. #2
    DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

    kbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Big Blue Marble
    Posts
    17,890
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Animal Attack..!

    Duc I am not seeing any Animals in avitars other than the ones usually there, like my Snow Leopard <<Still there. I haven't changed it. Are you seeing the pic you posted in your above post? That is a Muppet from Seseme Street I think. But why don't I see it as someone's avatar?
    Last edited by kbe; 1st April 2010 at 05:38 AM.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

  3. #3
    Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    7,146

    Default Re: Animal Attack..!

    Yeah, it's the pocture I've posted above.
    And as we speak now, you have the same
    Animal avatar in your profile, it's very odd!
    I don't see your usual leopard!

  4. #4
    DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

    kbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Big Blue Marble
    Posts
    17,890
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Animal Attack..!

    I don't get it.. This is the same Snow Leopard pic I use for my avatar>>. It is identical to the Snow Leopard pic in the avatar space.
    Last edited by kbe; 1st April 2010 at 05:41 AM.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

  5. #5

    Default Re: Animal Attack..!

    KBE's looks normal. Just checked out Mysticknot's profile, too; hers is the same as it was.

    Maybe it's something on your end rather than Basenotes...?

  6. #6

    Default Re: Animal Attack..!

    strange!!!! i see KBE and Galamb_Borong having that Animal Avatar !!! is this a jock ?

  7. #7
    Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    7,146

    Default Re: Animal Attack..!

    Quote Originally Posted by ausamamira View Post
    strange!!!! i see KBE and Galamb_Borong having that Animal Avatar !!! is this a jock ?
    For real?! I'm so releaved!
    I thought I was under attack
    of some shitty hacker..!

    I've just tryed to restart my PC,
    but Animal is still here, there, everywhere!

  8. #8
    DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

    kbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Big Blue Marble
    Posts
    17,890
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Animal Attack..!

    If it is a joke it is on me because I can't see what you guys are talking about. Duc, your avatar is normal too just like all the others
    Last edited by kbe; 1st April 2010 at 05:45 AM.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

  9. #9

    Default Re: Animal Attack..!

    Quote Originally Posted by ausamamira View Post
    strange!!!! i see KBE and Galamb_Borong having that Animal Avatar !!! is this a jock ?
    Strange. I still see Hellspray! I'd never ditch the Sinfest Devil. I'm far too attached to him.

  10. #10
    Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    7,146

    Default Re: Animal Attack..!

    Even the one you point at in your post #4 is Animal, kbe!

  11. #11
    DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

    kbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Big Blue Marble
    Posts
    17,890
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Animal Attack..!

    I have quickly scanned most of the posts on the various boards and can't see any problem. This is making my head hurt. I am going to bed.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

  12. #12
    Basenotes Institution
    Mimi Gardenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Exactly Where I Should Be
    Posts
    16,345

    Default Re: Animal Attack..!

    My avatar is still the same- the woman with long hair . I think it's a bug. I'm not seeing any animal avatar. Le Grand Duc Djinnie darling- do you think you may have a computer virus ???????
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

  13. #13
    Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    7,146

    Default Re: Animal Attack..!

    Quote Originally Posted by mysticknot View Post
    Le Grand Duc Djinnie darling- do you think you may have a computer virus ???????
    I thought so, but not now,
    ausamamira see the same
    thing!

    And I can't figure out, where
    I would have gotten the virus?
    I have a bulletproof antivirus
    program ... and I never open
    up unknown files!
    Last edited by Le Grand Duc; 1st April 2010 at 05:56 AM.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Animal Attack..!

    Phew...for a moment there I thought I was going to be affected too. Lucky for me all looks good on my side here...my avatar is still the same.

    @Le Grand Duc - u must be joking...
    Last edited by JoNnY 4; 1st April 2010 at 05:59 AM.
    "A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

  15. #15

    Default Re: Animal Attack..!

    i see the same avatar for mysticknot !!!!!!

  16. #16
    Basenotes Institution
    Mimi Gardenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Exactly Where I Should Be
    Posts
    16,345

    Default Re: Animal Attack..!

    Sorry Djinnie- I don't know ??? Better try an anti virus program scan .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

  17. #17
    Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    7,146

    Default Re: Animal Attack..!

    Quote Originally Posted by JoNnY 4 View Post
    Phew...for a moment there I thought I was going to be affected too. Lucky for me all looks good on my side here...my avatar is still the same.
    YOU HAVE THE ANIMAL TOO ... aaaarhg!
    I'm going bananas! I'll log off soon, and
    by God, I hope that creature is gone at
    the time I'll ruturn ... damn!

  18. #18

    Default Re: Animal Attack..!

    kbe..JPG
    this is how i see Kbe

  19. #19

    Default Re: Animal Attack..!

    mystic..JPG

    Mysticknot. JonNy 4 look the same too !!!!

  20. #20

    Default Re: Animal Attack..!

    I hear around Copenhagen that the Duke is known for his heavy drug use! LOL!

  21. #21

    Default Re: Animal Attack..!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    I hear around Copenhagen that the Duke is known for his heavy drug use! LOL!
    Too much Poison...?

  22. #22

    Default Re: Animal Attack..!

    What do you mean when you say the avatars are the same? You mean the little pictures under our screen names? Mine is the picture of myself. Are we supposed to have something different? I don't see what you are talking about. I'm very confused.

  23. #23
    Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    7,146

    Default Re: Animal Attack..!

    Now it all crazy ... now all of us have Animal avatars,
    BUT A NEW ONE! Now I knows omebody is pulling my leg!

    I'm running a scan via my antivirus center!
    Nothing yet!


  24. #24
    Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    7,146

    Default Re: Animal Attack..!

    Quote Originally Posted by mrclmind View Post
    What do you mean when you say the avatars are the same? You mean the little pictures under our screen names? Mine is the picture of myself. Are we supposed to have something different? I don't see what you are talking about. I'm very confused.
    Yes the small picture under your name.
    I do not see your handsome face anymore,
    but bloody Animal!!!
    Last edited by Le Grand Duc; 1st April 2010 at 06:39 AM.

  25. #25

    Default Re: Animal Attack..!

    Quote Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc View Post
    Now it all crazy ... now all of us have Animal avatars,
    BUT A NEW ONE! Now I knows omebody is pulling my leg!

    I'm running a scan via my antivirus center!
    Nothing yet!

    What does an animal avatar mean though? I think I'm really dense or something. Can you explain what you mean... what kind of an animal avatar?

  26. #26

    Default Re: Animal Attack..!

    Mine is the same as usual here... maybe I need to refresh my computer...

  27. #27

    Default Re: Animal Attack..!

    now i see the avatar of everybody is this (even mine) :
    s..jpg

    it must be a prank or something !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by ausamamira; 1st April 2010 at 06:42 AM.

  28. #28
    Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    7,146

    Default Re: Animal Attack..!

    Animal from the Muppet Show,
    the crazy drummer from Dr. Teeth's Band!

    A bloody muppet!

    This is driving me insane!

  29. #29
    Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    7,146

    Default Re: Animal Attack..!

    Quote Originally Posted by ausamamira View Post
    now i see the avatar of everybody is this (even mine) :
    s..jpg

    it must be a prank or something !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It's just the two of us who sees it! AAAAAARGH!!!

  30. #30

    Default Re: Animal Attack..!

    Your avatar is the same as it always is on my screen. I just reloaded the page and everything. The only animal I see is in the post on your message.

  31. #31

    Default Re: Animal Attack..!

    Didn't you tell me once you were into all things Sasquatch? Maybe that's why your seeing the things you're posting... My avatar certainly looks alright on my side, no beasties here.

  32. #32
    Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    7,146

    Default Re: Animal Attack..!

    You're feisty today, sir Galamb, I'm dying here,
    and you just joke about it ... buuuu huuuuuuh!

  33. #33

    Default Re: Animal Attack..!

    Quote Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc View Post
    You're feisty today, sir Galamb, I'm dying here,
    and you just joke about it ... buuuu huuuuuuh!
    I still don't really think I understand what is happening. I'm missing out on something here. I'm usually pretty quick too... explain to me what you are talking about.

  34. #34

    Default Re: Animal Attack..!

    Aw, well, I do hope things get better for you soon.

    Hopefully it's not the great Danish avatar worm of 2010...

  35. #35
    Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    7,146

    Default Re: Animal Attack..!

    Quote Originally Posted by mrclmind View Post
    I still don't really think I understand what is happening. I'm missing out on something here. I'm usually pretty quick too... explain to me what you are talking about.
    OK, for the lesser intelligent BNers
    Where you usually have a picture of yourself,
    and I ususlly have a picture of Daffy Duck as king,
    I only see Animal the Muppet today.
    We all have the same damn avatar of Animal..!

    Between your stars and your join date!
    Last edited by Le Grand Duc; 1st April 2010 at 06:57 AM.

  36. #36

    Default Re: Animal Attack..!

    We do? I don't see anything different though. You have Daffy Duck with a crown, I have my normal mug shot... There is nothing different at all.

  37. #37

    Default Re: Animal Attack..!

    Duc, you're on crack! If I were you, Id clear your cache, and restart the 'puter!

    Here is a screencapture of your last post... all looks perfectly normal.


  38. #38
    Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    7,146

    Default Re: Animal Attack..!

    Quote Originally Posted by mrclmind View Post
    We do? I don't see anything different though. You have Daffy Duck with a crown, I have my normal mug shot... There is nothing different at all.
    That's the problem, only ausamarira and I see Animal,
    it's so strange.
    Well, I'm off to a huge fleamarked now, gotta hunt down
    some frags ... when I come back I hope that damn Animal
    is long gone..!

  39. #39

    Default Re: Animal Attack..!

    I don't get it either.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  40. #40
    Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    7,146

    Default Re: Animal Attack..!

    Quote Originally Posted by ausamamira View Post
    mystic..JPG

    Mysticknot. JonNy 4 look the same too !!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    Duc, you're on crack! If I were you, Id clear your cache, and restart the 'puter!

    Here is a screencapture of your last post... all looks perfectly normal
    Ausamamira and I see it like this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Le Grand Duc; 1st April 2010 at 07:01 AM.

  41. #41

    Default Re: Animal Attack..!

    That's really bizarre. I don't know what to tell you; I kind of wish I had your computer. Everything's so normal over in my part of the world.

  42. #42
    Dependent

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    8,224

    Default Re: Animal Attack..!

    Ok, now I normally avoid bug/virus threads because I really am no IT guy, but seeing my name mentioned makes me worry. Can someone please explain the fuss to me??? Everything looks normal. My avatar is the cover of the book "A Clockwork Orange" and has been for some time already. I do not see a need to change my avatars frequently. I know folks like mysticknot and some others are really savvy with avatars and all, and change them frequently along a running theme (Mysticknot's one is always a portrait of a lady figure), but not me. The upload/download thing is not my forte.

    Unless you are trying to fool me.... shame on you. I panic easily you know.

    I just ran my virus scan, and it hasn't reported anything. Everything seems ok.

    Moderators, please clarify.

  43. #43

    Default Re: Animal Attack..!

    Oh I didn't even think of a virus, I'm on a Mac, and I forget all about that sort of thing. Are you on a PC? How is the rest of your system running? This might actually be more serious than I thought. I was just thinking you were being silly.

  44. #44

    Default Re: Animal Attack..!

    I have a mac and everything is fine.

    Le Grand Duc is just an attention seeker *rolls eyes*

  45. #45

    Default Re: Animal Attack..!

    I also have a Mac!

  46. #46

    Default Re: Animal Attack..!

    Quote Originally Posted by matthewfoo View Post
    Ok, now I normally avoid bug/virus threads because I really am no IT guy, but seeing my name mentioned makes me worry. Can someone please explain the fuss to me??? Everything looks normal. My avatar is the cover of the book "A Clockwork Orange" and has been for some time already. I do not see a need to change my avatars frequently. I know folks like mysticknot and some others are really savvy with avatars and all, and change them frequently along a running theme (Mysticknot's one is always a portrait of a lady figure), but not me. The upload/download thing is not my forte.

    Unless you are trying to fool me.... shame on you. I panic easily you know.

    I just ran my virus scan, and it hasn't reported anything. Everything seems ok.

    Moderators, please clarify.
    Everything looks the same to me too... I think they are just trying to fool with us. There's nothing wrong. Nice try guys.

  47. #47

    Default Re: Animal Attack..!

    Quote Originally Posted by tott View Post
    I also have a Mac!
    Do you see what they are describing too?

  48. #48

    Default Re: Animal Attack..!

    April already. Boy, time has gone fast.

  49. #49

    Default Re: Animal Attack..!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    Le Grand Duc is just an attention seeker *rolls eyes*
    I'm starting to wonder. It takes a lot of time and effort to run a place like Basenotes, if this is some kind of way to get attention, then wasting Grant's time on a non-existent bug is an off-color way to do it.

    I'm off to bed. If you want some animal, I suggest Muscs Koublai Khan, not telling us we all have evil Miss Piggy avatars or something...

  50. #50

    Default Re: Animal Attack..!

    im not trying to fool anybody ..... i see that strange avatar for all of you ..... DEMON posted a thread about that too ....

  51. #51

    Default Re: Animal Attack..!

    Dr. Teeth's band?

    I clearly see my own avatar--can someone tell me how to take a screen shot?

    Oh, and I'm on a Mac too.
    Last edited by DustB; 1st April 2010 at 07:18 AM.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

  52. #52

    Default Re: Animal Attack..!

    its april fools day people! probably a joke and will probably be back to normal tommorow or something

  53. #53

    Default Re: Animal Attack..!

    Quote Originally Posted by joey86 View Post
    its april fools day people! probably a joke and will probably be back to normal tommorow or something
    I think so ....

  54. #54

    Default Re: Animal Attack..!

    Everything *IS* normal, people!

  55. #55
    Dependent

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    8,224

    Default Re: Animal Attack..!

    Quote Originally Posted by mrclmind View Post
    Everything looks the same to me too... I think they are just trying to fool with us. There's nothing wrong. Nice try guys.
    I rushed away from my PC, grabbed my mac book to log in to BN just to be double sure. All seems aye okay. Thanks for clarifying for me.

    Yeah guys, WHATEVER. I actually panicked there. Cheap thrill.

  56. #56

    Default Re: Animal Attack..!

    Quote Originally Posted by DustB View Post
    I clearly see my own avatar--can someone tell me how to take a screen shot?
    DustB, just hold down Apple Shift and F3. I have done this several times and posted screencaptures, but maybe joey is right... members like Duc and ausamamira and joey86 etc are probably fooling with us.
    Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 1st April 2010 at 07:26 AM.

  57. #57

    Default Re: Animal Attack..!

    Quote Originally Posted by matthewfoo View Post
    I rushed away from my PC, grabbed my mac book to log in to BN just to be double sure. All seems aye okay. Thanks for clarifying for me.

    Yeah guys, WHATEVER. I actually panicked there. Cheap thrill.
    I could tell it was a bad April Fools joke Matthew.. I don't think I really fell for it, I just didn't get what they were talking about.... I didn't know what they meant by "Animal" I guess I never watched the Muppets much.

  58. #58

    Default Re: Animal Attack..!

    I don't get what people are talking about, saying they see "animal" avatars. Everything looks absolutely normal on my Mac.

  59. #59

    Default Re: Animal Attack..!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    DustB, just hold down Apple Shift and F3. I have done this several times and posted screencaptures, but maybe joey is right... members like Duc and ausamamira and joey86 etc are probably fooling with us.
    Hey, those guys are pretty funny! Really had me. Now let me get this in a screen shot.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

  60. #60

    Default Re: Animal Attack..!

    Im not fooling anybody guys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i think i am being fooled myself .......
    any way i am running MS windows OS .... may be there are no problems with MAC computers .....

Similar Threads

  1. Animal Notes
    By Sugandaraja in forum Just Starting Out
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 22nd October 2007, 10:45 PM
  2. animal notes
    By Sanzio in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 22nd April 2006, 07:05 PM
  3. animal notes
    By in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 1st January 1970, 01:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •