Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default Re: TODAY I BOUGHT: April 2010

In my hand now and top 5 in my favourite powerhouse

Oscar de la renta Pour Lui

Another best of powerhouse
    Krizia Uomo
    Last edited by ruffin; 12th April 2010 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ruffin View Post
    In my hand now and top 5 in my favourite powerhouse

Oscar de la renta Pour Lui

Another best of powerhouse
    Krizia Uomo
    Krizia Uomo happens to be my scent of the day. Love it.

GUERLAIN - Mitsouko and Chamade
    FLORIS - Edwardian Bouquet
    LANCÔME - Cuir
    HERMÈS - Hermèssence (Set of four 15ml bottles) Osmanthe Yunnan / Poivre Samarcande / Vanille Galante / Vétiver Tonka

Just topped off my summer rotation with Concentre D'Orange Verte, Live Jazz, and Hugh Parsons Blue from perfumecountry!
    Service was great... and the fragrances... perfect... they didn't disappoint!! Have been rotating these fragrances since last Thursday!
    Last edited by telecaster; 12th April 2010 at 04:34 PM. Reason: :)

Today I took receipt of my 250ml Guerlain Metallica - sealed, in both boxes.
    I also got my 80's Guerlain Eau de Verveine EDT, which is already proving rather extraordinary!

Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 13th April 2010 at 02:02 PM.

There is more than one House of Fraser in the UK...

A 50 ml bottle of Rocabar (old packaging).
    Green class in a bottle!
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256

Green Irish Tweed & Himalaya

Jil Sander - Sun
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

today i bought from Creed Boutique NYC:

Creed Baie de Genievre

The name of this fragrance comes from one of its raw materials: the juniper berry. In French, "baie" means "berry". "Genievre" means "juniper". To get the most exquisite scent, CREED gives the juniper berry two to three years to ripen, picks it by hand and dries it. The rest is a secret, but some say this fine CREED fragrance smells like that other juniper berry concoction: the dry gin martini. Baie de Genievre is a green, fruity and spicy fragrance of enduring elegance and style.

Classification: Woody / Oriental / Classic

Characteristics: Peppery, fruity, spicy, woody, leaf of cinnamon tree and Bourbon vetiver. Most commonly used by men, but a favorite among women who appreciate spicy scents.

Top notes: Bergamot, cinnamon leaves
    Middle notes: Clove, juniper berry
    Base notes: Vetiver, ambergris

AND

Creed Santal Imperial

Made for the Austro-Hungarian Emperor in the 1800's, Santal Imperial is pure masculinity, a powerful combination of spices and wood. Its name comes from the main ingredient, sandalwood, one of the most precious components in fragrance.

CREED buys its sandalwood in Mysore, the "City of Palaces" in India, which offers the best in the world. The wood's high cost -- and Mysore's location unreachable by air -- make fine Mysore sandalwood impossible for most fragrance firms.

Yet CREED has been in business with Mysore sandalwood farmers for generations and can obtain the best for its clients, harvesting the wood in concert with rules that ensure sustainability.

Santal Imperial is power and exclusivity, a sandalwood and ambergris base upon which tonka bean, bergamot and citrus form an impressive summit.

Classification: Woods-oriental / Spicy / Classic

Characteristics: Soft, fresh and earthy with a lingering soft and spicy base. Santal Imperial is a "universal" eau de toilette fragrance.

Top Notes: Bergamot, citrus
    Middle Notes: Tonka bean
    Base Notes: Ambergris and sandalwood

what i like most is how distinctive the bottles are...

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

At Barneys in San Francisco:

L'Artisan Parfumeur
    Al Oudh
    (2009)
    Bertrand Duchaufour
    Spicy Oriental
    ------------------
    Top Notes: Cinnamon, Cardamom, Pink Peppercorns
    Middle Notes: Neroli, Rose, Leather, Civet, Moss, Castoreum
    Base Notes: Agarwood, Sandalwood, Atlas Cedar, Patchouli, Myrrh, Incense, Vanilla, Tonka Bean
    ------------------

Last edited by JaimeB; 15th April 2010 at 12:38 AM.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

A bottle of LP No.9 for women for my girlfriend. That's me in her good books!
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Got in my 2 "backup" 50 ml Coriolans today! Don't know exactly why I need them, as the juice is strong ...

Bought a 1/2 oz. Vintage 1967 Emilio Pucci Vivara Concentre...it should be on its way.
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post

Today I took receipt of my 250ml Guerlain Metallica - sealed, in both boxes.
    I also got my 80's Guerlain Eau de Verveine EDT, which is already proving rather extraordinary!

That is an absolutely gorgeous bottle!

Maxim's Pour Homme.

I have been wearing this more and more lately and it's edging into my absolute top favourites along with Patou Pour Homme, PdN New York and Tiffany for Men. I find it reassuring in an old school way, and yet it also has a presence to it that is incredibly modern and alive. Absolutely beautiful fragrant stuff. I cleaned out the remaining 3 x 50 mls. at a very reasonable price so I think I'm set for life.

A big bottle of Bois D'Argent by Dior

Quote Originally Posted by megatropolis View Post
    A big bottle of Bois D'Argent by Dior
    Good to hear - I know you were looking for that one

Dirty english. Got it today at wall mart for 7 bucks. Not that great but another bottle for the collection.

Quote Originally Posted by mickers View Post
    Dirty english. Got it today at wall mart for 7 bucks. Not that great but another bottle for the collection.
    I disagree, I love this fragrance, it's great from start to finish.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Helping me with my sick day, I received my two gift pack 50 ml Vintage Guerlain Vetiver EDT and all-over shampoo (backup) sets. Lovely stuff!
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

Ran across Tuberosa Agave by Voluspa at SF airport - who was to the guess the pharmacy doubles as a cool little niche fragrance shop? Soon as I smelled it, I knew I had to have it. Very nice indeed, and super cheap, too!
    Last edited by Sugandaraja; 16th April 2010 at 12:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HDS1963 View Post
    I disagree, I love this fragrance, it's great from start to finish.
    I haven't really worn it yet so I don't really have a good opinion on it yet. Just going off fiirst sniff.

Received John Varvatos from fragrancenet today. I love this scent! First Big Bottle buy from them and I am extremely pleased. New box, wrapped, and all the numbers matched.

1x 50 ml Fahrenheit
    2x 50 ml The One Aftershave

Limited Edition (40 ml) L'Eau D'Issey pour Homme

Quote Originally Posted by matthewfoo View Post
    Promises... promises.... :P!
    That suits me too!!! LOL
    And the fall frenzy goes on:

50 ml of Nemo, by Cacharel (IMO smells exactly like a creamy Solo, by Loewe);
    50 ml of Opium pour Homme, by YSL (finally got it - it's in a sealed box now waiting for me to go home ...sigh).

I couldn't resist on these deals. I bought a .5 oz All American Stetson @ Walgreens for 6 bucks and change -- bought this one blind, I don't really care for it, it definitely smells cheap. Also got Axe Vice on sale @ CVS for 1.37 -- can't beat it for a body spray.

Quote Originally Posted by Fable View Post
    That is an absolutely gorgeous bottle!
    i concur it looks like something of royalty

Hermes Un Jardin Sur le Nil
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

I finally did it: today I received my NIB 100ml YSL Kouros . Thanks Matt!!!!

Two days ago - 100ml Jaipur Homme EDT and got a 99% full 100ml EDP for free

Quote Originally Posted by jellybean1973 View Post
    I finally did it: today I received my NIB 100ml YSL Kouros . Thanks Matt!!!!

Two days ago - 100ml Jaipur Homme EDT and got a 99% full 100ml EDP for free
    Welcome to the dark(better) side of the world !
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

My first blind buy in a while: Fragonard Vetyver. Should get it next week.
    For swap/sale: NIB: Pure Malt, Floris Vetiver, Vintage Tiffany, Charriol Royal Leather, Dior Homme; Dior Homme Intense, Chanel PMC, M7 gel, Roma (women's), Spicebomb, Trussardi Uomo, Obsession, others...
    http://tiny.cc/rd8ptw
    (swaps)
    http://tinyurl.com/a7qoley
    (sales)

Basenotes Plus

Finished off my last few drops of Penhaligon's LP No.9 last week so no prizes for guessing what I've been buying today. This is one of a select few that are GUARANTEED to be replaced every time they run out. As long as they carry on making this wondrous potion then I'll keep buying it.
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 17th April 2010 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan View Post
    Kouros Fraicheur
    Habit Rouge Legere

kinda thinking of Eau De Rochas Pour Homme too
    what is that kouros fraicheur smell like?

Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post
    Finished off my last few drops of Penhaligon's LP No.9 last week so no prizes for guessing what I've been buying today. This is one of a select few that are GUARANTEED to be replaced every time they run out. As long as they carry on making this wondrous potion then I'll keep buying it.
    Attaboy!

Vintage Jacomo Anthracite EDT 100 ml just came in today and it's nice, good for the cool wet.

Also got in the Chergui swap decant from boosh...

Am still awaiting the last of the fruits of my 6-month-long FB buying flurry: Chanel No. 19 EDP, Guerlain Chant d'Aromes EDT, Montale Black Aoud (swap), and the Vivara concentree...

I'm REALLY grounding myself now. If I can't find enough good-smelling stuff to wear in my wardrobe from now 'til October (or November) I need to have my head examined!

I went to the mall today and sampled a few things from perfumania. The sales lady tried to get me to buy Aqua di Gio and some ferarri stuff, but I did get to finally sample the notorious kouros. It was only on a paper strip and I found it pretty intense, I may have to revisit sometime. I walked out with something that smelled mildly interesting...Floriental. I got home and realized it smelled almost exactly like a mixture of Paco Rabanne one million and Gucci PH II. Not bad though. Good thing it was cheap.
    I'm not your toy.

Quote Originally Posted by gupts View Post
    Just picked up an expensive monster 240ml bottle of the original formulation of Eau de Patou

I have a cylindrical bottle of Eau de Patou already so this is more like backup. I just love this stuff
    so couldn't pass up when I saw a bottle and that too in it's first formulation.
    I am done with my fragrance purchases and possibly wouldn't buy anytime soon.
    Congratulations Gupts!!!!

I had a bottle like this, back in 1979!!!! It was the first perfume my parents bought for me.
    I absolutely loved it.
    Evenstar

Dior Homme Intense

In the last few days I've purchased MPG Santal Noble, MPG Parfum d'Habit, and Thierry Mugler Pure Coffee. A couple more MPG's and I'm cutting myself off. This is getting ridiculous!

Amouage Dia for Men (in the vintage 'oriental' style 100 ml bottle)

Edit: This ebay purchase was canceled (and refunded) when the seller informed me that he noticed on the box that the it was actually a 50 ml bottle (slightly different from the 100 ml listing). gupts was absolutely right (read a few posts down) about there not being 100 ml bottles in the this version.
    Last edited by Delmar; 22nd April 2010 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mr. reasonable View Post
    It's excellent stuff n'est-ce pas? I have 2 of the smooth and one of the ribbed pyramid bottles. If anyone ever wanted to know of one scent originally marketed as a fem that works great for any guy (IMHO) this is the one!
    Quote Originally Posted by arwen_elf View Post
    Congratulations Gupts!!!!

I had a bottle like this, back in 1979!!!! It was the first perfume my parents bought for me.
    I absolutely loved it.
    Thank you so much. I am so glad I bought it as I was a bit reluctant at first as I didn't want another backup bottle.
    arwen_elf, I hope you still have some of this juice. It would evoke such good memories for you.

Yes, I had read on the board that this was the first formulation of this gorgeous fragrance. I am delighted that the juice, bottle and the box are in pristine condition. It doesn't look like it is atleast 31 years old, or maybe even older. I have the so called 'feminine' version of it too, that comes in the tapering bottle. My nose is unable to spot any difference. I know that this fragrance was perhaps always marketed for women but on basenotes, this cylindrical bottle is usually incorrectly referred to as Eau de Patou for men.

Quote Originally Posted by Delmar View Post
    Amouage Dia for Men (in the vintage 'oriental' style 100 ml bottle)
    I always thought that the older style bottles only came in 50ml size.

Marc Jacobs Fig

Sur la Plage

Montale Red Vetyver - a Basenotes Marketplace trade

Notes include vetiver from Haiti, Moroccan cedarwood, patchouli, grapefruit, elemi and black pepper from Madagascar.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Thumbs up Re: TODAY I BOUGHT: April 2010

Today I bought:

I have waited six months to say that! And now for something completely different:

It feels good to knock two off of that damned wishlist in the same evening.

Anxiously awaiting their arrival this week:

Ténéré by Paco Rabanne

Jade East (to evoke fond memories of the 1960s!)

I always thought that the older style bottles only came in 50ml size.
    It was indeed 100 ml. I'll pm the (ebay) link.

Edit: The seller informed me before he was about to send it off that, contrary to the ebay listing, the bottle was actually a 50 ml. This purchase was beginning to leave a bad taste in my mouth so I opted to have the purchase canceled. You were right, gupts!
    Last edited by Delmar; 22nd April 2010 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodders View Post
    There is more than one House of Fraser in the UK...
    Was this in reply to my post?

If so, I said COUNTY, not COUNTRY.

There is only one House of Fraser in the County I love in.

Picked-up a bottle of Serge Lutens Fumerie Turque. Really looking forward to this one.

i just ordered 50ml of
    its my newest positive suprise, great vanillia scent!
    and I also get a adidas ide dive pack 150ml deo + 250ml gel + 50ml edt
    and GF Ferre - Ferre EDP for my mother
    Tell Hugo, he isnt boss anymore.
    Nieruchomości Gorzów

The New Prada For My Mom. I Bought Myself YSL LA NUIT DE L'HOMME

Sur la Plage

Olivier Durbano Black Tourmaline and Turquoise - from the "I Can't Wait To Get The Hell Out Of Denmark" sale

Black Tourmaline notes include cardamom, coriander, cumin, frankincense, pepper, smoked wood, oud, leather, precious woods, musk, amber, moss and patchouli.

Turquoise notes include turpentine, rose berry, elemi, Somalian oliban incense, coriander, juniper, fragrant reed, lotus, fucus seaweed, lily, everlasting flower, honey, myrrh wood and ambergris.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I didn't mean to....I shouldn't have....yet I did buy....

Guerlain Vetiver Pour Elle 4.2oz

I envy you, I'm the same color as that bottle! Just playing with ya! Great buy.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by Emlynevermore View Post
    Today I bought:

I have waited six months to say that! And now for something completely different:

It feels good to knock two off of that damned wishlist in the same evening.
    Nice! And so is that Caron ad. (blushes...likes!)

Right now I am on a Creed craze , I am hooked on Creed so I went all out and got my 3 favs at the moment.

Royal English Leather is the first fragrance ever created by the House of CREED, commissioned by King George III in 1781.

CREED was the king's glove maker. CREED scented the king's gloves so he could rest his chin on his gloved hand and inhale the glove’s fine aroma. The king found the scent much more pleasing than the scent of the people who came to see him!

The king loved the scented gloves so much, he asked CREED to make a fragrance for his body. CREED created Royal English Leather for His Majesty –- and launched the most illustrious dynasty in the history of fragrance: CREED.

Favorite of King George the 3rd and 4th of England

The winner of four out of five stars in a critique by The New York Times, CREED Virgin Island Water is a fragrance of magnificent style and carefree elan right for both men and women. Avid sailor and master perfumer Olivier CREED was moved to create Virgin Island Water during a sun splashed yacht voyage in the British Virgin Islands. Trade winds powered his sailing craft and brought him lavish scents, including lime and hibiscus, from the uninhabited paradise of Ginger Island.

Back in Paris, the voyage still firmly in his memory, he blended these ingredients with essence of copra (the white inner portion of the coconut), white rum, bergamot and musk, to capture not only the bracing freshness of the unspoiled tropics, but also their signature spirit of pleasure. French style and Caribbean bounty combine in the hands of Olivier CREED to become Virgin Island Water, a fragrance that unwinds the tensions of life.

Favorite of Daniel Craig 007 and President Sarkozy of France

The word "bois" means "woods". The fragrant woods of Portugal inspired this luxuriously rich, warm and masculine blend.

Characteristics: A rich, warm, mysterious scent, CREED Bois du Portugal is bursting with personality and power. Its intoxicating aroma charms you at once, then slowly invites you in to explore its hidden depths. Complex, alluring, soothing. Although it is beloved by men, it is also appealing to women who appreciate a rich fragrance

Favorite of Frank Sinatra, Paul Newman, Tom Ford and the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

I was in Sausalito today celebrating my spouse's birthday. There is a men's shop there called Gene Hiller, which has its own fragrance for its customers. I decided to pick up a bottle. It's just called Gene Hiller. There are two versions: one they call Silver, and the other Gold. I went for the Gold.

It's kind of a mystery scent. It must be compounded in the United States, since it doesn't have the notice of foreign origin anywhere on the package or bottle, which is legally required for all imports.

No idea of the ingredients, either, but it's pleasant enough, so I'm content to relax my usual rigor about those things and just wear it for the fun of it.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

The first ( and maybe only ) DKNY scent in my collecion :P DKNY fuel for Men. Hm... it smells quite good

Live simply, Love fully.
    http://twitter.com/_flannelman — PM me for facebook