Code of Conduct

Lightbulb House of Creed to sue P.Diddy (Sean Combs) for blatant imitation.

In a recent interview in People magazine, I read this. Finally he's being sued, it's about time! Here's an excerpt from the interview:

People: We've heard your fragrance line is doing very well. Where do you see this going?

Combs: I really enjoy my fragrances, I hope everybody finds something they like, know what I'm saying?

People: Where did you get your inspiration for the scents?

Combs: I'll be honest, the House of Creed. In the hood people can't afford Creed masterpieces, so I decided to create somethings similar but much more synthetic and cheaper to make. My smell goods also last longer too, and that's all that matters.

People: Did that create any legal conflicts with the Creed House?

Combs: I don't know nothin' 'bout that.

People: In a recent email with Olivier Creed, he mentioned the possibility of filing a lawsuit against you for imitating Millesime Imperial with your Unforgivable fragrance line. How does that make you feel?

Combs: It doesn't affect me. I bought my son a car that costs more than ten college tuitions. I could have sent him to college ten times, but he'll love growing up a doofus and uncreative like me.

People: Thanks for the time.

Combs: Get the hell out of my face.

Well there you have it. april fools. April 1 2010.
    Last edited by G Man; 1st April 2010 at 10:02 PM.

Default Re: House of Creed to sue P.Diddy (Sean Combs) for blatant imitation.

I like his honesty, how he simply puts it, that he just copied Creed.
    I like Unforgivable too.

LOL, at first I thought it was true.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Blog Entries

Eh?
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

Quote Originally Posted by KiatBkk View Post
    LOL, at first I thought it was true.
    Well, it so incredibly obvious he ripped off Creed, it could be true. It's not that far fetched.

Especially since (before he came out with his fragrance line) he was quoted in GQ as saying that Imperial was his favorite fragrance.

The scent grows richer, he knows he must be near
    He finds a long passageway lit by chandelier
    Each step he takes, the perfumes change
    From familiar fragrance to flavours strange
    A magnificent chamber meets his eye

They'll get more money if they sue Bond instead (no joke).

But this one made me chuckle. Even the spelling of doofus. Heh.

he ripped off creed with i am king, which was a copy off of silver mountain water or so they say. Everyone tries to copy creed, bond #9 is notorious for that.

The only Bond copy of a Creed I can tell is Chez Bond. Any others? FWIW, I prefer Chez Bond to GIT. Feels more modern. I was planning to ask the Bond founder during an appearance she made at a Saks store about the similarities between Chez Bond and GIT, but I was afraid she'd take my samples back

wall street= millesime imperial by creed

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBond007 View Post
    he ripped off creed with i am king, which was a copy off of silver mountain water or so they say. Everyone tries to copy creed, bond #9 is notorious for that.
    Bond No. 9 imo is far worse than Diddy.

Chez Bond = Green Irish Tweed
    Wall Street - Millesime Imperial
    Silver Mountain Water - Hamptons
    Andy Warhol Silver Factory - Acier Aluminum
    Little Italy - Citrus Bigarrade
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

You had me for a few seconds, and i was ready to post:

"This really is a super=effective way to get your name out there to the masses"

Then I realized they're a private company who doesn't have stock, so there would be no financial incentive for investors who own the media to run this story, after buying large amounts of the stock.

Bummer.

Cute aprils fools joke tho lol
    Last edited by MrFragranceReview; 1st April 2010 at 07:46 PM.
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

Nice joke, thanks

hahah the last few lines by sean john are great

Faisal know this !!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Dry_Martini; 1st April 2010 at 10:22 PM.
    #TOP 5#: Polo Crest, Romeo Gigli,Jockey Club C&M, Jean Pascal Homme,Floris N 89

Good one!
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Thanks for a good laugh.....Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Moon View Post
    Well, it so incredibly obvious he ripped off Creed, it could be true. It's not that far fetched.

Especially since (before he came out with his fragrance line) he was quoted in GQ as saying that Imperial was his favorite fragrance.
    Gee, I'm a little glad I didn't purchase his after all. I don't want to have anything in common with this wannabe.

I knew it was bs halfway through - good try though.

On a serious note, don't expect ANY company to get sued for ripping off another's fragrance. With chromatography and other chemical tricks, perfumers can rip a fragrance's backbone, tweak it just a little tiny bit, and market it for a profit with no legal repercussions. Perfumery is like the Wild West.

Quote Originally Posted by Spray View Post
    I knew it was bs halfway through - good try though.

On a serious note, don't expect ANY company to get sued for ripping off another's fragrance. With chromatography and other chemical tricks, perfumers can rip a fragrance's backbone, tweak it just a little tiny bit, and market it for a profit with no legal repercussions. Perfumery is like the Wild West.
    It's even better than that, you don't even have to tweak it a little bit! The only IP laws on perfume formulas are trade secret rules and there is nothing stopping you from copying trade secrets if you acquire them through legitimate channels (like reverse engineering). I suppose you could make the argument that your exclusive rights to the trademark are being violated as the scent of the perfume is part of the trade dress but that seems like a stretch. Especially since the scent changes with reformulation.
    Thanks for the funny post, G Man
    Last edited by Zizanioides; 2nd April 2010 at 07:24 AM.

OK, I confess. You fooled me.

LOL damm it u got me. Good one. I think some of the earlier posters didn't get that it was an April Fool's joke.
    "A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

I work in the intellectual property field, and I can tell you that this scenario can never become true. If he was to copy the bottle design then that's a different story.

However - good one!

ahhhhh you got me. its not even april fools anymore and i still got shafted. lol
    Forcing Memories into Everyones Brains One Fragrance at a Time.

Sean Combs sued some company that makes "I am..." fragrances. Hopefully he gets his just-deserts back one day! I could spray half a bottle of Unforgivable and still get less longevity / sillage than I would from Bond no.9 Wall St.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576