Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Are Amouage scents worth it?

Jubilation 25 and Reflection are next on my to buy list , yes they are expensive and yes they are worth it IMHO ....

Basenotes Institution

I remember Reflection Men being very very lovely ! I was surpised just how much I liked it.
    Jubilation 25 and Dia were the first Amouage I ever tested and both were gorgeous. So many times I nearly pulled the trigger on Amouage- especially duty free- it's like, nearly $100 off.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Quote Originally Posted by irrbloss View Post
    On amouage.com you can buy a miniature set of six different fragrances (there're two different sets male/female). Each bottle holds 7.5 ml. The bottles really look nice, like miniatures of their full size bottles. The price for the set is about the same as one 50 ml bottle. I guess 7.5 ml would last quite a while due to the concentration? Anyone bought it?
    I bought the 'man' set (at the airport), and it is nice to have generous samples of six fragrances. One downside is that the little bottles (though nice in that they are miniatures of the full-size bottles) do -not- have atomisers.

Quote Originally Posted by gmb View Post
    I bought the 'man' set (at the airport), and it is nice to have generous samples of six fragrances. One downside is that the little bottles (though nice in that they are miniatures of the full-size bottles) do -not- have atomisers.
    Oh, that's bad news. How do you apply them? I mean, 7.5 ml is a lot for just a sample...

Quote Originally Posted by irrbloss View Post
    Oh, that's bad news. How do you apply them? I mean, 7.5 ml is a lot for just a sample...
    There is a little sort of 'pipette' thing in the stopper that you can use to apply. It works, but an atomiser would be nicer.

Quote Originally Posted by Pour_Monsieur View Post
    Jubilation 25 and Reflection are next on my to buy list , yes they are expensive and yes they are worth it IMHO ....
    Do you mean the women's Jubilation (Jubilation 25) or the men's (Jubilation XXV)?

I only ask because if it's the women's, well, both that scent and Reflection Man were done by the same perfumer - Lucas Sieuzac - and I'd recommend you check out some other things he's had his hand in, namely Azzaro Now Man which is a great green floral with a heavy dose of cardamom and lychee.

It's actually somewhat similar to Divine's L'Homme Sage but is lighter and more ethereal. The scent is also far more translucent whereas L'Homme Sage comes across as heavier and opaque.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Its the mens Jubliation xxv thats on my list but Ive no aversion to "lady" smelly at all , thanks for the recommendation will have to ch ch check it out

No love for Silver?

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    Darn it, Sculpture- I wish I had ordered my samples from Parfums Raffy ! I know that if I do buy a full bottle- it will be from Parfums Raffy.

Thank you, lovely scented men of Basenotes ,for your thoughts. I'm hoping my measly Luckyscent samples will arrive today......

Now I want to try Gold Men .
    Don't forget if you are a Basenotes member, you also get an add'l 10% DISCOUNT. Where they ask for the coupon/promotion code type: basenotes. The discount is applied to samples as well!!! Have fun! (I'm not affiliated with Parfums Raffy either).
    +"Do you spray below the waist?"
    +"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing,
    you will be successful." - Albert Schweitzer
    +"All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you." - Dr. W. Dyer

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Rosehavn View Post
    Don't forget if you are a Basenotes member, you also get an add'l 10% DISCOUNT. Where they ask for the coupon/promotion code type: basenotes. The discount is applied to samples as well!!! Have fun! (I'm not affiliated with Parfums Raffy either).
    Thanks Rosehavn !

EDIT: I recieved my Amouage samples of Gold Woman, Dia, Jubilation 25 and another of Ubar.
    My faves are Ubar and J25 , I must say. J25 - I have always loved probably because it smells similar to Mitsouko , Profumo by Acqua di Parma and The Party In Manhattan .
    Dia- it's fresh, floral ,chic, tangy- unique, good.
    Ubar is just damned unique, dry, fine -dry- chic fabulosity ,'bow down and worship' kinda good stuff.

The question- as I have Mitsouko - do I really need J25 ? Should I just get Ubar ???

** Ubar reminds me of Homage Attar but somehow I love Ubar and dislike Homage... strange...
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 10th September 2010 at 11:43 PM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    No love for Silver?
    I picked up a couple of samples and have been trying this one a bit. It's very unusual - still getting to know it and even trying to figure out how or when or where it would 'fit' for me, but I do like it. I haven't quite got a handle on it yet - it doesn't seem to get a lot of mention does it?

BTW - to answer the OP's question - Amouage scents are worth it if you like 'em enough to buy them, just like any others. Prices vary in different parts of the world, that's for sure, but even with the very favourable retail here I personally think the Library Series is pushing it a bit - I like the concept and can understand that perhaps this line is there to present a 'lighter', or at least least less opulent, variation to the main line of paired offerings, but the compositions seem to be imbalanced - top heavy, if you like. OTOH I think Homage, both Memoirs and most of the others are worth every cent.
    Last edited by mr. reasonable; 21st October 2010 at 08:24 AM.

I've only tried Lyric Men and didn't like it at all. From the reviews, I wouldn't like any of the others. I wouldn't mind acquiring one in a swap, so that I could then re-swap it for something that I would like !

Quote Originally Posted by mr. reasonable View Post
    I picked up a couple of samples and have been trying this one a bit. It's very unusual - still getting to know it and even trying to figure out how or when or where it would 'fit' for me, but I do like it. I haven't quite got a handle on it yet - it doesn't seem to get a lot of mention does it?

BTW - to answer the OP's question - Amouage scents are worth it if you like 'em enough to buy them, just like any others.
    IMO, it`s a bit sharp and un-balanced.. It`s ok, but could be better if it was toned down a bit, and smoothed out..

A lot of them are really strong. Using one spray max can last you 2 days of wear, so yeah they're probably worth it in that perceptive. I can't imagine how long a 100ml bottle will last you.

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi View Post
    A lot of them are really strong. Using one spray max can last you 2 days of wear, so yeah they're probably worth it in that perceptive. I can't imagine how long a 100ml bottle will last you.
    yep, both Jub XXV and Epic are big "monsters" !

I think it worths every single cent !!!!

Top 5 in no order (or u can say all at the same rank)
    Lyric Men
    Gold Men
    Epic Men
    Jubilation XXV Men
    Dia Men
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

I've tried Amouage Gold, Reflection and Dia. I liked all three. If I had to rank them: 1. Reflection; 2. Dia; 3. Gold. Gold is too formal for everyday wear in my opinion. Additionally, everyone of them had great longevity.
    My Top Fragrances:
    Hermes: Terre d"Hermes
    Dior: Homme
    Yves Saint Laurent: La Nuit de L'homme
    Burberry: London
    Gucci: Pour Homme
    Rochas: Man
    Azzaro: Pour Homme

Wanted:
    L'Artisan: Fou d'Absinthe; Cristiano Fissore: Cashmere for Men; Parfums d'Nicolai: New York; Divine: L'homme Sage; Montale: Black Aoud; Tauer: L'air du desert Marocain.

I've only tried Dia Man. Very opulent and you can tell the quality. For me though it was slightly too feminine. For that kind of price, I would need to be blown away with no reservations.
    Three others I am interested in trying are Jubilation XXV, Lyric Man, and Opus II which I have heard very good things.

I just ordered the Amouage men's mini set from Parfume Raffy. Can't wait to get a smell of the Amouage house.

Amouage is a woderful fragrance house in my opinion and their scents are complex and very classy and refined. i particularly love dia, jubilation, lyric and reflection and am currently sampling memoir which i am starting to really like. i have though been disappointed with the library collection scents they lauched not long ago, i really did not care for opus I and opus III and thought II - the most masculine of the three was nice but lacking the wow factor.

Up until four days ago I would have told you that no, they are not, but then I got my sample of Memoir Man and I've got a big bottle of it on the way as of today! It's hauntingly beautiful and far from anything in the line IMO. I do have yet to try Silver, Epic or any of their attars, though

If amoage was not worthe it
    then you wouldnt be asking the question

Anyone who has tried a number of Amouage and has generally found they don't like the "house style" should really check out Memoir Man. As Phil said, it's something completely different. Still that Amouage quality, but the composition is dark, elegant, brooding. Classy and yet dark, almost gothic. Bram-Stoker's-Dracula-gothic, not mall-kid-gothic!

I too have a big bottle of it on the way. I can't wait!
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

strange,

i do have all of them except memoire yet.
    but did read many negative reviews about memire already.... that makes me sceptic about it already.

o.. andd i didnt like the opus line.

The Memoirs seem to have gotten fairly good reviews as far as I've seen. There is a mix of love and a few who were underwhelmed. I can understand being underwhelmed - it's not as opulent as most of the Amouage scents, and I imagine it's more like Tribute in character (I haven't smelled Tribute yet, sadly).

Whereas most Amouage scents are decidedly extroverted in character, Memoir Man is one of the first truly introverted scents they've done. In fact, that's what I love so much about it.

Moreda, you should check out Sugarandaja's excellent review of Memoir Man, here: http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/201...oir-woman.html

He really captures the essence of the scent in his words, especially the Jekyl/Hyde, living/dead transformation that is so unique about the scent.

*Note: Memoir Woman is much more ostentatiously opulent and I'd say rather extroverted. It is in Man where the real stylistic departure has occurred.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

I own 4 Amouage ( Jubilation XXV, Epic man,Lyric Man and Gold Man) ... Yes it worth I'll buy more from this house ( Ubar, Memoir ,Epic Woman , Gold Woman and the attar)

At least for me, they are.

Amouage do a "His and Hers" sampler set (35 in Amouage London shop last month) - Gold, Epic, Jubilation, Dia, Reflections all in Man and Woman- 10 altogether. They're 2 mil gold topped sprays. I also have Memoir His/Her samplers. This is plenty to last many months - one squirt goes a long way.
    http://www.amouage.com/boutique/products/?ID=14

Having tried them all I'd say don't ignore the Woman - they are Unisex though the first few minutes might be stressful.
    Gold Man lasts days and I love it whilst appreciating it might not be to everyones taste.
    Jub XXV is also fun, more special occassion - I couldn't cope with it every day.
    Dia, Epic and the four Woman have their days - neither reflection is really my type. (maybe I need Lyric samples)
    Memoir Man is dark and eastern European and atypical of the others. Memoir Woman is a favourite.
    Memoir Woman outer arm with Memoir Man inner arm combination is my preference - strange things happen on the borders - introextravertion I'd guess.

Is any scent really worth money? Is Amouage worth more than Creed?
    What kind of gold is on the samplers?

Amouage scents use expensive ingredients and you can't expect quality to be cheap.
    Like many here I'm not sure how long a bottle would last when you're trying samples regularly.
    I could go for a 50ml Memoir pair if the samples run out - hope instead to get more samples.

One school of thought is that the 100mls are just slightly more than the 50mls. Unless you go halves with a friend(s) or have a 10 year perfum plan - save the difference instead.
    Patience is the parent of success