My 3 Niche.....
1. Bond No.9
3. Acqua di Parma (Includes Blue Med. Collection).
My 3 Mainstream.....
1. Armani (Includes Prive Collection). I could put Armani's Prive Collection in my Niche group.....I'll place Armani here in my #1 Mainstream position.
If fragrance has a gender, so does all art.
1. Aramis - Only because they re-released Havana and JHL.
3. Tom Ford
Last edited by CyberGuy; 4th April 2010 at 02:25 AM.
although a lot of my favourite floris stuff has long been discontinued.
No particular order:
Close contenders: Creed, YSL, Parfum d'Empire, Serge Lutens, Aramis
Based on the houses with the most bottles in my collection it would be:
3) Jean-Paul Gaultier
If I opened it up to the fragrances I've sampled and would purchase when the funds become available, my list would probably look like:
2) Frederic Malle
3) The Different Company
My top 3 are:
Say what?!!?? Yes I can count, but a tie is a tie!!!
3. Yves Saint Laurent
YSL / Dior
For me, anyway....
I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman
1) Frederic Malle (incredibly inventive)
2) Hermes (future classics)
3) Aramis (a man's house, par excellence!)
I've changed my mind. There is a third place for me after Guerlain and Chanel and it's...
1.) Yves Saint Laurent
2.) Bond No. 9
Last edited by sarıpatates; 15th July 2011 at 04:08 PM.
3. Chanel / L'Artisan Parfumeur (tie)
This hardly means I've tried every single scent from these houses. My favorite 3 at the moment:
I've been very very impressed with scents from these houses. In fact, I think my personal top 10 scents at the moment come from these houses exclusively.
Right now for me:
This question seems to come up at least once each quarter of any year, and if I happen to see it my answers is pretty much like it always has been:
I like some houses more than others, but so many factors play here - it's not their perfumes, or the bottles they come in, only. However: if it's mainly about fragrances I would have no problem naming 20 favorites, from the top of my head, in less than 30 seconds.
Last edited by narcus; 24th April 2010 at 07:15 AM.
'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.
So far from my experience with fragrances:
Designer (not in any particular order) : Thierry Mugler, Yves Saint Laurent, Chanel
Niche : Comme des Garçons (very good prices, futuristic smells), Serge Lutens, Creed
Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.
3. Serge Lutens
honorary mension Malle
...........Xerjoff............. is coming for one of these spots.
Proctor and Gamble
Without Doubt : Yves Saint Laurent Is Number 1
Number 2 is Giorgio Armani (for good marketing and inteligent producing)
Mugler , Givenchy, and i like Dunhill products too.
Last edited by DeepSilence; 27th April 2010 at 06:30 PM.
Difficult question..................well, this is mi podium:
2. Guerlain & Yves Saint Laurent
3. Prada & Jean Paul Gaultier
Last edited by M.David; 28th April 2010 at 12:46 AM.
2. Serge Lutens
3. Frederic Malle
2. Serge Lutens
I just can't stuck with 3...
in no particular order..
Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here
Yves Saint Laurent
Last edited by pluran; 13th July 2011 at 03:28 AM.
in my humble opinion
Time to musk up.
i'm just starting into fragrances but so far,
Honorable mention for good, accessible scents, goes to YSL.
Hehe, good question. My number 1 and 2 are no-brainers to me. I was really in doubt about no. 3 though...
(YSL manager to squeeze in JUST in front of D&G)
- Serge Lutens
2-YsL Or 2-thierry Mugler
3-Chanel Or 3-paco rabbane
Last edited by NONAME1996; 13th July 2011 at 10:45 AM.
Current Top Favorites:
1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
4) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie
6) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie
9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie
YSL - no brainer
Apologies, double post
A bunch of others that ar all really good (Le Labo, CDG, Dityque,Chanel,YSL, DIOR, Creed, Tom Ford, MFK, PG, Bond)
Five that I am enjoying right now
1) Sel de Vetiver by The Different Company
2) Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain
3) Bois des Iles by Chanel
4) Devin by Aramis
5) Coromandel by Chanel
Editions de Parfum Frederic Malle
Cartier might be one to watch now they have let Mathilde Laurent loose.
1. Yves Saint Laurent
2. Christian Dior
Comme Des Garcons, Hermes, Annick Goutal
Comme des Garcons
Editions de Parfum Frederic Malle
Heeley / Le Labo
1 - Hermes
2 - Creed
3 - Thierry Mugler
These are what I use the most at this time.
Lets see..as of today
I wonder if he's playing Thin Lizzard?
3 is tough...
Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman