Code of Conduct
    Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Default A simple, easy to wear honey fragrance?

I have several hand and body creams that are a simple honey scent -- including Le Couvent des Minmes Honey & Shea. I would like to find a similarly simple EdT to layer with the creams.

I'm not looking for honey with patchouli, honey with lemon, honey with jasmine etc. Really I just would like something uncomplicated. Any suggestions?

Hillaire

Default Re: A simple, easy to wear honey fragrance?

I like L'Occitane one, Miele et Citron, so much I actually bought some. (I was already hooked on the honey face cream.)

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Thank you, I'll have to check that out next time I'm at the mall.

+1, actually the first one I thought of!
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

+1 for Miel et Citron

However, as the name says, there is lemon--sounds like you don't like that? And it has creamy, gourmand, almost caramely base.

The Miel et Citron shimmering version is not quite the same as the "classic" version; itsmells more like natural honey--a bit less sweet. [it does have sparkles though]
    It has 2 primary notes: citrus and honey. Does not have the gourmand note of the "classic", non-shimmering scent. As a result, this fragrance is at once sharper and waxier than the original: kind of like lemons in a bowl next to bees' wax candles.

I have always found that Bois Farine smells like honey in an uncomplicated way.

But I know what you mean about that fresh honey smell in hand creams...There is a Burt's Bee's lotion that I'd love to bottle as a perfume.
    Last edited by Nostalgie; 17th February 2010 at 11:36 AM.
    "You...put on cologne to write?"(From Midnight in Paris)

Stop by for a chat: http://perfumedletters.wordpress.com/
    My book reviews: http://www.nstperfume.com/author/Cheryl/

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

True, I was not aiming at a lemon note but perhaps it is subdued...however, I don't do so well with gourmands. I find they make me squeazy. But hey, it's easy enough to test this one as we don't have any shortage of L'Occitane store.

Hillaire

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    True, I was not aiming at a lemon note but perhaps it is subdued...however, I don't do so well with gourmands. I find they make me squeazy. But hey, it's easy enough to test this one as we don't have any shortage of L'Occitane store.
    It is very consistent with the purely honey-scented line (very beeswax-y as Nostalgie points out) of body products they make, so for me at least, it isn't hyper-citrusey. And whaaht hangs around is definitely HONEY. (to me.)

Mybe TokyoMilk Honey & The Moon? It has honey, candied violets, jasmine and sandalwood...

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    True!

Be sure to try both the regular and the shimmer. I"m curious to know if it was a fluke or if they are as different as they seemed to me.

[And I just retested Bois Frarine--always smells like honey /beeswax to me]
    Last edited by Nostalgie; 17th February 2010 at 12:34 PM.
    "You...put on cologne to write?"(From Midnight in Paris)

Stop by for a chat: http://perfumedletters.wordpress.com/
    My book reviews: http://www.nstperfume.com/author/Cheryl/

Quote Originally Posted by Hillaire View Post
    I like L'Occitane one, Miele et Citron, so much I actually bought some. (I was already hooked on the honey face cream.)
    Another vote for L'Occitane's honey and lemon scent. Easy to find and relatively inexpensive. A nice pick-me-up.
    Last edited by Primrose; 17th February 2010 at 01:09 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Well I will definitely have to try Miel & Citron then! Many thanks to all!

I haven't seen the TokyoMilk one-- not sure who sells that brand around here, but I'll keep an eye out when I'm at perfumers.

I did try Bois Farine last year, and my first impression was...
    peanut butter cookies!

I'm not so sure I want to smell of p.b. cookies... but then I did go on to buy Jour de Fte, which reminded me of Play Doh, so....
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 17th February 2010 at 01:48 PM.

You could try Ginestet's Botrytis. Available at Luckyscent.

Like everyone else L'Occitane came to mind. Anything strong on orange blossom or tuberose turn to honey on my skin, so Carolina Herrera comes to mind for me. Keiko Mecheri Loukhoum also smells like warm honey on me. Perlier has honey body spray, body oil and lavender honey body spray - their honey body products are also great and highly scented.
    Last edited by jacona; 17th February 2010 at 03:20 PM.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lynnaea View Post
    You could try Ginestet's Botrytis. Available at Luckyscent.
    Luckyscent's description of Botrytis:

A lush autumnal fragrance inspired by the rich, honeyed sweetness of extraordinary Sauternes wines like the magnificent vintages of Chateau dYquem. Opulent, golden, voluptuous. A warm and velvety blend of honey, candied fruits, quince and pain depice that caresses the senses. Truly intoxicating.

This sounds wonderful!

Does anyone know of any B&M store that carries this? If not I might order that sample from Luckyscent.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Update: I finally smelled L'Occitane Honey & Lemon (Miel & Citron), both the regular and the shimmering, and definitely found them different, Nostalgie! I preferred the shimmering-- much less vanilla than the regular; lighter and more refreshing. I sampled first and a few hours later, bought a full bottle. It does become a simple honey and may layer well with other citrusy fragrances I own; also with linden, and perhaps other fragrances as well.

Thanks again for the suggestions!
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 1st May 2010 at 12:36 AM. Reason: tags/spelling