Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Sur la Plage

Default Today I bought.........April 2010

I am ready for spring with my brand new bottle of Chanel No 19 Eau de Parfum.

Top notes: Galbanum, Hyacinth, Neroli, Bergamot
    Middle notes: Jasmine, Rose, Lily of the valley, Orris
    Base notes: Vetiver, Sandal, Leather, Musk

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Default Re: Today I bought.........April 2010

Today I was desperate for Tuberose and so I bought Diptyque Do Son. Then I bought that nifty set from Jo Malone that has six 9ml mini bottles of different scents in it and also a 30ml bottle of the Dark Amber & Ginger Lily Cologne. Lotsa sniffin to do....

Bloomy, you've made some yummy choices!

Le Dix parfum, vintage, arrived from an ebay purchase. Perfect condition. Hooray!

Bloomy - Dark Amber & Ginger Lily is just divine! Great choice

My latest purchases...

Diorissimo 100ml EDT ♥

ETA: *oops* Diorissimo not Dioressence....I've samples so many of these Dior-somethings lately I'm getting all confused haha
    Last edited by Un Belle Parfum; 3rd April 2010 at 01:06 AM.
    My perfume blog: Girl With the Curious Nose

Don't spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door -Coco Chanel

Currently lusting after:
    - Chanel No.5 Eau Premiere
    - Frederic Malle Lipstick Rose
    - Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille

Quote Originally Posted by TheLipPrint View Post
    Bloomy - Dark Amber & Ginger Lily is just divine! Great choice

My latest purchases...

Dioressence 100ml EDT ♥
    Thanks LipPrint and Haunani

I just got a sample of Dioressence and can hardly wait to try it! I am happy to see that you took the plunge!

That Jo Malone set looks lovely, bloomy... love the presentation...

This week bought Dune (gift set with edt and lotion) from ebay--

Balmy Days and Sundays from Ineak (motivated to use my $25 credit from the sample set)--

Iris Silver Mist 5 ml sample from TPC (lost my last little decant on a recent trip! Bummer! I really need a whole bottle of this, I LOVE IT SO)--

AND... four bottles from parfum1.com, all unsniffed! Yes, utter insanity. I blame it on the root canal (the dentist kept saying "think of something else" so I did) AND, they are having an additional 15% off sale (code SALESALE5PQ) The bottles are: Kelly Caleche, Ma Griffe, Allegoria Pamplelune, Fleurs de Citronnier. (I think they are fairly safe bets... but we shall see!)
    Last edited by C Rose; 2nd April 2010 at 08:48 PM.

That Jo Malone set looks lovely, bloomy... love the presentation...
    Hi C Rose,
    I adore the packaging with the Jo Malone line! I was a complete Jo Malone Virgin until yesterday. I had a FAB time at the Nordstrom flagship store here in Seattle. Jo Malone has a fantastic set up there, like an entire boutique within the store. The SA's were awesome; so patient with me and generous with samples too. The packaging for the line is top notch; cream boxes and bags with black lettering, black tissue and black grosgrain ribbon....I pretty much wanted to buy one of everything.

I can't believe that you blind bought four bottles , you are MUCH braver than me!

Be sure to share your thoughts when you get a chance to sniff them all.

Dior Homme Cologne, which is said to be quite different from DH and DHI. Can't wait.

A tester of Chant d'Aromes arrived this week. Now I can be scent twins with Dimi
    Evenstar

We have a new Jo Malone store just opened here. So I was at the opening, with champagne flowing. LOL The only samples they had were the Dark Amber & Gingerlily and Lotus Blossom and Waterlily. Actually thought I would buy the Dark Amber but it just did not seem full bottle worthy.

I did buy Vanilla & Anise which I thought was slightly off the path of my usual fragrances. Not sweet vanilla, sort of woody and dry.
    I found myself strangely attracted to Blue Agava & Caco, which has a chocolate note narcotic like. So it was bought today along with Sweet Lime & Cedar. The latter on me becomes a dry cedar with perhaps the faintest hint of citrus. I know Jo Malone are very into the fragrance combining thing. So the idea of chocolate notes and dry cedar I think will be interesting.

Oh the famous Pomegrate Noir on my skin turns into clove rock. Very medical.
    DONNA

Sur la Plage

Chanel No 5 Eau Premiere - I seem to be on a Chanel kick lately

Top notes: Ylang-Ylang, Aldehydes, Neroli
    Middle notes: Jasmine, Rose
    Base notes: Vetiver from Reunion, Vanilla

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Decided to buy the new Bond No 9 High Line. The notes sound wonderful -
    Notes of: bergamot, purple love grass, Indian rhubarb, red leaf rose, tulip, grape hyacinth and bur oak.
    I'm anxiously awaiting the release of the new Vero Profumo EDP version of Rubj. Anybody hear news about the release dates yet?
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

I love Dark Amber & Ginger Lily - the four Jo Malones I own are this, the Day one with Lotus Blossom and Water Lily, Vanilla & Anise, and Orange Blossom.

Today I bought - thanks to Wordbird for the introduction! - Sonia Rykiel Women Not For Men on Ebay. And on the ferry home from France the other day I succumbed to Kenzo Flower Oriental which you cannot get in the UK anymore.
    Last edited by VM I hate civet; 5th April 2010 at 07:03 PM.
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by arwen_elf View Post
    A tester of Chant d'Aromes arrived this week. Now I can be scent twins with Dimi
    Gladly! *high fives*

Today I was browsing around a department store and discovered that their stock of Chanels is quite old and tatty -so I scored a bottle of Chanel Pour Monsieur that was made before they messed with it

YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This weekend I've been rooting around on ebay and bought a little boxed gift set of Coriolan (just for my curiosity because I've read a lot about it on here - cost me 99p +post and packing ) and a 100ml bottle of Eau de Rochas (which I have a tiny bottle of and really like).

My vintage Vol De Nuit, Shalimar and my Yohji Homme from our Diamondflame arrived today... as did a large bottle of Amazone (I loved the 25 ml so much I bought the 100 ml)... and some Dior samples from Le Grand Duc Poison, Hypnotic Poison and Midnight Poison arrived today... so it's a red-letter 'fume day for me!
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

My Sonoma Scent Studio order arrived today. Bottles of Velvet Rose & Rose Musc in 17ml & samples of Incense Pure, Winter Woods, Ambre Noir, Tabac Aurea, Joir Ensoleille & Femme Jolie. Also received a sample of Velvet Rose Body Silk, too!

Basenotes Plus

I should really desist from fume buying this month after my big splurge at the Guerlain store in Vegas last Wednesday but you only live once..... I got a bottle of Ralph Lauren Safari and a bottle of Clarins Par Amor at TJ Maxx tonight. Extremely different scents in character and both very wearable. When I first sniffed the Safari I got a giant note of PIMENTO or olive and i thought "Holy mackerel, i smell like a giant muffaletta" It toned down after about ten minutes, thankfully, and smoothed out into a beautiful scent. of course, pimento was not listed in the scent notes, so I could have just been hungry

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by pofox View Post
    This weekend I've been rooting around on ebay and bought a little boxed gift set of Coriolan (just for my curiosity because I've read a lot about it on here - cost me 99p +post and packing ) and a 100ml bottle of Eau de Rochas (which I have a tiny bottle of and really like).
    Good score on the Coriolan, pofox!

Picked up a bottle of Agent Provocateur Eauu Emotionelle EDT - lovely, very powdery rose

Don't spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door -Coco Chanel

Currently lusting after:

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Chanel No 5 Eau Premiere - I seem to be on a Chanel kick lately
    Me too I bought 150ml of the same juice today.

I love Chanel 19, particularly the vintage formulations. The parfum is fantastic!

Ah... forgot that yesterday I received three Chanel miniatures, vintage Chanel No. 19, a teensy cute bottle of No. 5 Parfum, and a tiny mini Cristalle. Neat!

(so much for my self-imposed perfume-buying grounding. I have even more goodies on their way. Sigh. But I love it!)
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

Sur la Plage

Christian Dior Ambre Nuit

Top notes: Pink Pepper, Bergamot
    Middle notes: Spices, Turkish Rose
    Base notes: Amber, Balsamy Notes, Cedar, Patchouli, Gaiac Wood

Basenotes Institution

you guys on a Chanel kick- I understand . Chanel No.5 parfum has just blown me away ...again ...after all these years.

My DH bought me Vero Profumo Rubj - 15 mls extrait- the only bottle they had at Luckyscent was the 'big' one - so excuses excuses, poor DH shelled out for it. *GRIN*

Sorry -really bad pic.

I also bought 2 bottles of Vol de Nuit extrait ,2 bottles of La Prairie Cellular Body Spray and a 7.5 ml bottle of Chanel No.5 parfum to add to my other bottle of No.5 parfum.
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 9th April 2010 at 09:10 PM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by *bloomy* View Post
    Today I was desperate for Tuberose and so I bought Diptyque Do Son. Then I bought that nifty set from Jo Malone that has six 9ml mini bottles of different scents in it and also a 30ml bottle of the Dark Amber & Ginger Lily Cologne. Lotsa sniffin to do....

Great !

Don't those Jo Malone bottles just drive you crazy with pleasure ?! Something about those bottles all lined up - appeals to my control freakiness.......sorry to double post.

As part of my NYC trip I surprised myself...I was poised to fulfill my Penhaligon's needs but alas...no Penhaligon's to tempt me...loved them but just couldn't commit. Holding out for Orange Blossom Anthology release. I returned with Chanel Beige and three from Memoire Liquide: Nymphea, Vetiver & The' Blanc, and Rose Tendre
    Mapping the memory one scent at a time

Today I bought myself a good Hypnotic Poison while heading back home. This is one of the sexiest scents for me..

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by actiasluna View Post
    My vintage Vol De Nuit, Shalimar and my Yohji Homme from our Diamondflame arrived today... as did a large bottle of Amazone (I loved the 25 ml so much I bought the 100 ml)... and some Dior samples from Le Grand Duc Poison, Hypnotic Poison and Midnight Poison arrived today... so it's a red-letter 'fume day for me!
    Oh Yummy - lucky girl !

Today Hubby bought me 50ml Nahema EDP in the older style black and gold packaging . Lovely rose and I ain't a rose gal.

Yesterday got in a vintage Habit Rouge in the red leather bottle... it is SOOOOOO yummy, like the new formulation in many ways but much deeper! And the lot of 3 Chanel No. 19 miniatures (I'm still awaiting the bigger FB for decant sample promises to folks... don't actually know if the 19 is vintage or new but it's EDP.

And... sort of off topic but not really... The birthday gifting from my sweetheart (dear boy!) continued yesterday, this was my MOST special ever birthday (sweeties everywhere can probably take notes on this!)... on Friday afternoon I received 18 multicolored and fragrant roses...before my sweetie's arrival. Then yesterday he brought out the first book gift, Chandler Burr's The Perfect Scent. A dinner out after a day of gardening at a local coffeehouse/bistro; followed by a gift of "The Chemistry of Fragrances: From Perfumer to Consumer" and an hour later, "The art of perfumery and the methods of obtaining the odours of plants; with instructions for the manufacture of ... dentifrices, pomatums, cosmetiques, perfumed soap, etc... "by G.W. Septimus Piesse ... (a Uni of Michigan historic reprint)... and the last gift just before the evening ended, "Perfume: Joy, Obsession, Scandal, Sin" by Richard Stamelman... which has some GORGEOUS photos of perfume bottles and is subtitled "A Cultural History of Fragrance from 1750 to the Present"... So, for a weekend without scent, it was a weekend FULL of scent!

Basenotes Institution

Actiasluna- sounds like you have had a superb birthday ! Many happy memories of the day !

Today I got a super price on Jacomo Silences 100 ml EDP = headed for the guillotine soon.

reine

Crazylibellule and the Poppies - Lemon Pie

Recommended the line elsewhere today, and checking the price - sale! Counting it as an early self b'day present, I thought it would be nice for summer and I can't resist that slightly edwardian packaging design!
    Out here we are running for the wide open spaces, the road-smell after the rain.

Hi actiasluna -- what great gifts & a nice birthday! Your boyfriend sounds like a real sweetie pie! (well worth the occasional scentless days!)

Quote Originally Posted by C Rose View Post
    Hi actiasluna -- what great gifts & a nice birthday! Your boyfriend sounds like a real sweetie pie! (well worth the occasional scentless days!)
    Absolutely! Nothing like a boyfriend who revels in the sans-parfum scent of a woman! <grins>

And today I received my Guerlain Vetiver all-over shampoo big honkin' tubes (I discovered that this stuff is wonderful for my baby fine hair and for my skin as well... and I can "cheat" a little using it as "no scent" shower soap when the honey's here... it leaves just the teensiest trace of scent, basically smells like really clean skin.)

Also got a bunch of decant supplies in, and the neatest of all is the tiny sterling silver funnel that is perfect for decanting bottles with non-removable sprays. (my pocket Sycomore is at the ready now!)

A few more purchases... (I think I'm going to have to slow down now as I have no more space for newbies!)

*Lolita Lempicka L Fleur de Corail
    *Guerlain L'Heure Bleu (from a lovely basenotes member)
    *Lancome Magie from the La Collection set
    *Bond #9 Chelsea Flowers bon bon (6ml I think)
    *Les Parfums de Rosine - a set of samples for their entire line (this will keep me busy!! haha)
    *Kate Moss Vintage (which I actually liked, keeping in with my love of all things powdered at the moment)
    Last edited by Un Belle Parfum; 13th April 2010 at 11:09 AM.

Currently lusting after:

Today I took receipt of my 250ml Guerlain Metallica - sealed, in both boxes.
    I also got my 80's Guerlain Eau de Verveine EDT, which is already proving rather extraordinary!

Arrived today, so fast, my teeny tiny little treats! These dinkies are 12ml each. The Frankincense & Myrhh is a simple mix of both EOs, Poppies is a dark deco chypre with honey and apples and the Oud is synthetic and, wonderfully, smells just like Teacher's whisky!
    Out here we are running for the wide open spaces, the road-smell after the rain.

Yves Rocher Voile D'ambre and Comme Des Garcons Avignon.

This little beauty arrived in my letter box this morning:-

I expect you all know what it is.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post

I also got my 80's Guerlain Eau de Verveine EDT, which is already proving rather extraordinary!

My word- gorgeous, Dimi ! Swooning !

Today I received my package from Italy..I orderd the small 15ml bottles at Il Profumo: Macadam, Nymphea, Songe de Tulipe and Vanille Bourbon.

Last week I got my very big bottle (250 ml) of Guerlain Les Voyages Olfactifs - Paris-Moscow

And the last day of the month I will be visiting Paris... will not be a good idea for my bank account

I will definately buy an exclusive from Serge Lutens and I need Daphne from CdG! and Mon Parfum from Micallef is also high on my wish list...with several others
    Last edited by Nola1977; 14th April 2010 at 12:33 PM.
    Live the life you love, love the life you live!!

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

The pix made me completely forget about the juice. Am pressing palm to chest because words fail.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

summer means fireflys

SO jealous!

Basenotes Institution

This morning I bought a 2ml sample of Une Fleur de Cassie by Dominic Ropion .

Today, I blind bought Gale Hayman Delicious Cotton Candy on ebay.

I guess that's a cougar on top of that bottle.

I looked up the notes in that one lilybelle - it sounds pretty and tasty! It seems like it might be a grown-up lady's version of Pink Sugar, and the reviews are very good (not here on BN, of course )

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    I looked up the notes in that one lilybelle - it sounds pretty and tasty! It seems like it might be a grown-up lady's version of Pink Sugar, and the reviews are very good (not here on BN, of course )
    Thanks for the moral support, Evengeline. I think those notes seem pretty tasty, too. Sounds like my kind of thing.

Basenotes Institution

I bought 3 samples from Liz Zorn's Soivohle line- Remarkably Incendiary,Green Oakmoss and Purple Love Smoke.

Blog Entries

Today I blind bought Perfumer's Workshop Tea Rose. I read about that fragrance that bees would chase you in the summertime! So I'll need to wear it any other time because I'll be wearing it. I like it a lot, it's a rose not for the faint of heart and definitely for those who don't think there's such a thing as too much rose. I scored a travel set of Estee Lauder miniatures as well.

Blog Entries

I'm seeing some favorites here: Dark Amber Ginger Lily, Kelly Caleche, Safari.

And Dimitri, that Metallica bottle is so gorgeous! I completely understand that you would rather keep it with you rather than have it shipped ahead.

I forgot to mention that I bought L'Occitane Peony the other day. It really is pretty as a peony. I must get around to planting one next year, as soon as I can make a place to put one.
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous

Quote Originally Posted by an_oud_girl View Post
    I'm seeing some favorites here: Dark Amber Ginger Lily, Kelly Caleche, Safari.

And Dimitri, that Metallica bottle is so gorgeous! I completely understand that you would rather keep it with you rather than have it shipped ahead.

I forgot to mention that I bought L'Occitane Peony the other day. It really is pretty as a peony. I must get around to planting one next year, as soon as I can make a place to put one.
    Mira is looking for a good Peony scent, so I will urge her to check out L'Occitane's peony

And yes, I am a little terrified to let that bottle out of my sight - it will be wrapped carefully and travel in my check-in baggage. Horror of horrors!

Basenotes Plus

I have been enjoying Voyage d'Hermes but can't justify paying £53 for a 35ml that doesn't last very long so I bought a 30ml bottle of Eau de Merveilles instead.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

A sale price tempted me, so I bought one from my wish list:

Listed Notes: Grapefruit, jasmine, iris, cardamom, cinnamon, pink pepper, black pepper, clove, vetiver, cedar wood, leather and incense.
    Last edited by Haunani; 17th April 2010 at 11:39 PM.

xposted to the mens frags too: Vintage Jacomo Anthracite EDT 100 ml just came in today and it's nice, good for the cool wet.

Also got in the Chergui swap decant from boosh...

Am still awaiting the last of the fruits of my 6-month-long FB buying flurry: Chanel No. 19 EDP, Guerlain Chant d'Aromes EDT, Montale Black Aoud (swap), and the Vivara concentree...

I'm REALLY grounding myself now. If I can't find enough good-smelling stuff to wear in my wardrobe from now 'til October (or November) I need to have my head examined!

I feel so mainstream after reading everyone's posts!

Yesterday I bought the smaller (1.7 oz) bottle of the new Balenciaga. This is one where you don't really save by buying the larger bottle. Although there was a gift with a $130 purchase they let me have it anyway. It's a .25 mini of the fragrance and a little wallet/change purse. The Balenciaga rep told me that the top zippers on the wallets weren't working right. But they also gave me plenty of samples after I said I was considering buying online because of a gift with purchase offered there.

Basenotes Plus

Inspired by Hillaire's fabulous unsung treasures thread, I bought Jacomo Silences Purple blind from Scented Monkey. Tis lovely, indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by knit_at_nite View Post
    Inspired by Hillaire's fabulous unsung treasures thread, I bought Jacomo Silences Purple blind from Scented Monkey. Tis lovely, indeed.
    Slaps own mouse-driving hand... I MUST ... NOT ... GO ... THERE. (can't buy anything else, don't NEED to buy anything else.) ... Ah... better.