Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Today I bought.........April 2010

Quote Originally Posted by actiasluna View Post
    Slaps own mouse-driving hand... I MUST ... NOT ... GO ... THERE. (can't buy anything else, don't NEED to buy anything else.) ... Ah... better.

you are not foolin anyone, girlfriend, with your gotta stop the insanity posts

Blog Entries

I cannot believe the total in TPC for the samples I have just ordered!!! Almost every thing there was something I wanted to try, so I guess that can justify it... but I will try not to repeat that again, so I am repeating your grounding mantra, actiasluna, and will slap my hand when it moves the mouse in the wrong direction.
    Last edited by Warum; 18th April 2010 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Warum View Post
    I cannot believe the total in TPC for the samples I have just ordered!!! Almost every thing there was something I wanted to try, so I guess that can justify it... but I will try not to repeat that again, so I am repeating your grounding mantra, actiasluna, and will slap my hand when it moves the mouse in the wrong direction.
    This is why I need to stop: (this photo shows six months'-worth of purchases, not including the Amazone and Guerlain Vetiver "backups" and what has yet to arrive.)

Actias luna's fragrance reviews | Now blogging with AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty at Il Mondo di Odore
    Art: Actias luna's other hobby
    - along with some impromptu "performance writing" here on Basenotes!

Sur la Plage

Montale Red Vetyver - a Basenotes Marketplace trade

Notes include vetiver from Haiti, Moroccan cedarwood, patchouli, grapefruit, elemi and black pepper from Madagascar.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I bought the followings in April:
    Chanel No. 5 Eau Première
    La Nuit de Paco Rabanne - vintage edp 50ml splash
    Miss Dior - vintage edt 100ml spray
    Donna Karan New York - edp 50ml spray (in the curvaceous original black and gold bottle)

Last night I ordered a bottle of Ineke's Balmy Days and am feeling quite pleased with myself!

The New Prada For My Mom. I Bought Myself YSL LA NUIT DE L'HOMME

Sur la Plage

Olivier Durbano Black Tourmaline and Turquoise - from the "I Can't Wait To Get The Hell Out Of Denmark" sale

Black Tourmaline notes include cardamom, coriander, cumin, frankincense, pepper, smoked wood, oud, leather, precious woods, musk, amber, moss and patchouli.

Turquoise notes include turpentine, rose berry, elemi, Somalian oliban incense, coriander, juniper, fragrant reed, lotus, fucus seaweed, lily, everlasting flower, honey, myrrh wood and ambergris.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Olivier Durbano Black Tourmaline and Turquoise - from the "I Can't Wait To Get The Hell Out Of Denmark" sale
    I'm so happy to see you're supporting a good cause Joe! Others should definitely follow suit! :-P

The duo of black/gold box vintage Chant d'Aromes EDTs arrived today (woohoo)...
    Actias luna's fragrance reviews | Now blogging with AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty at Il Mondo di Odore

Yesterday I bought Badeley Mischka AND John Varvatos for a mere $35 total!

Reine

In a fit of green lust, I finally took Le Temps d'Une Fete off my wish list and ordered some.

Basenotes Institution

Thanks to sean -dt's scent of the day post on Caron- I bought a decant of Tabac Blond extrait .

Oh darn it... I got samples of Tihota by Indult and Fleur de Narcisse by L'artisan from Luckyscent.
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 20th April 2010 at 05:26 PM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Quote Originally Posted by actiasluna View Post
    This is why I need to stop: (this photo shows six months'-worth of purchases, not including the Amazone and Guerlain Vetiver "backups" and what has yet to arrive.)

Hi actiasluna! I wish I could click into the photo and scope out each bottle clearly in hi def, like in Bladerunner! And drool over all your goodies!

...a bottle of ELPC's Tuberose Gardenia at a local Neiman-Marcus. I was reminded of why I almost never buy perfume retail. It's because of the SA's, who were on me like flies on um, honey. Not just perfume sellers, either. A whole mob of free-roving "floaters," with the apparent carte-blanche to try to sell me anything -- any brand of fragrance, skin-care products, all kinds of personal care products, chasing me around the perfume department until I finally fled the store. I didn't look particularly affluent. I was in there with a couple of friends last winter and didn't get this mob scene. What on earth is going on! Are the luxury companies this desperate?

I will not darken that particular door again. Back to online purchasing for me.
    Olfacta
    also at http://olfactarama.blogspot.com
    Musings and random thoughts about the genie in the bottle

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by PB101 View Post
    ...a bottle of ELPC's Tuberose Gardenia at a local Neiman-Marcus. I was reminded of why I almost never buy perfume retail. It's because of the SA's, who were on me like flies on um, honey. Not just perfume sellers, either. A whole mob of free-roving "floaters," with the apparent carte-blanche to try to sell me anything -- any brand of fragrance, skin-care products, all kinds of personal care products, chasing me around the perfume department until I finally fled the store. I didn't look particularly affluent. I was in there with a couple of friends last winter and didn't get this mob scene. What on earth is going on! Are the luxury companies this desperate?

I will not darken that particular door again. Back to online purchasing for me.
    Ha ! I totally understand what you are saying. There is nothing I dislike more than being trailed by SAs - no matter how nice they are . Some are very nice - but I feel like I have been thrown in a river with pirahnas - and I like my privacy and peace in stores.

L'Artisan Parfumeur Mûre et Musc, 50 ml. The old bottle.

Last edited by Furriner; 21st April 2010 at 01:17 AM. Reason: pic
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Quote Originally Posted by mysticknot View Post
    Thanks to sean -dt's scent of the day post on Caron- I bought a decant of Tabac Blond extrait .
    I am flattered I bought a decant a while ago, and I was too mean to use enough of it to get the glorious cloud of all that is unholy. Tonight I think I'll douse myself in En Avion extrait from a little vial I have. I sniffed my bottle of Jicky earlier today and my heart gave a little flutter, so I don't feel I am being unfaithful. Still, I am hiding the sledgehammer...

More Poison (cuz the two bottles I already had just wasn't enough)

Diorella 50ml, which reminds me a lot of the Chanel Cristalle that I already own, but I wanted it anyways.

and a gift set of Hypnotic Poison 50ml with body lotion and makeup bag.

all this and I still do not think that I am done with the house of Dior....

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by sean-dt View Post
    I am flattered I bought a decant a while ago, and I was too mean to use enough of it to get the glorious cloud of all that is unholy. Tonight I think I'll douse myself in En Avion extrait from a little vial I have. I sniffed my bottle of Jicky earlier today and my heart gave a little flutter, so I don't feel I am being unfaithful. Still, I am hiding the sledgehammer...
    Sean - stop, you naughty enabler !!!!!!! I so want En Avion extrait - I should have got a decant as well .
    We are the same - I get stingy and don't use enough sometimes .
    Aren't we bad - so unfaithful to Guerlain - * sticks tongue out at Vol de Nuit *
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 21st April 2010 at 01:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by C Rose View Post
    Hi actiasluna! I wish I could click into the photo and scope out each bottle clearly in hi def, like in Bladerunner! And drool over all your goodies!
    Heehee... My scent cabinet looks kind of like an unmade bed... I need to redo the silly contact paper that the former owners put in and rearrange the shelves so I can reach a scent without knocking another over! (and there's a bottle of Chanel No. 19 that arrived today that isn't in the piccie.)

Quote Originally Posted by mysticknot View Post
    Aren't we bad - so unfaithful to Guerlain - * sticks tongue out at Vol de Nuit *
    I think my bottles come alive and get up to mischief when I leave the room. I feel like the kid in Toy Story whose toys feel threatened when Buzz Lightyear arrives. To Infini and beyond!!!!!!!

BTW I'm afraid En Avion is smelling rather good... Debtor's prison, here we come
    Last edited by sean-dt; 21st April 2010 at 05:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by knit_at_nite View Post
    you are not foolin anyone, girlfriend, with your gotta stop the insanity posts
    I haven't bought a thing since I posted that! (although there are at least four more FBs to arrive...)

You know you are addicted to scent when you spell arrive "arrivee, non?"

Grès Cabaret.

Today a purchase from a basenoter arrived, vintages all... Caron Yatagan, Carven Vetiver, and Hermes Equipage... along with the 1967 vintage Vivara perfume concentre by Pucci.

Another lovely-smelling day, and only (I think!) one more bottle to arrive... Black Aoud.

Sur la Plage

Chanel No 5 Parfum

Top notes: Aldehydes, Bergamot, Lemon, Neroli
    Middle notes: Jasmine, Rose, Lily of the Valley, Orris
    Base notes: Vetiver, Sandal, Vanilla, Amber

Basenotes Institution

I was curious how The Fragrance Shop does dupe oils -so I ordered a couple of samples.

Basenotes Plus

Recently bought:
    Gianfranco Ferre and (heart flutters) Vintage Molinard Habanita 7 ounces of EDC magnificence in a flower shaped bottle with box. Wish i was handy with a camera for this one.

Inspired by Evangeline and Taolady's Ineke lovefest, I ordered a scent sampler today.

Blog Entries

Ordered yet another bottle of Ma Liberte by Patou and a bottle of Witness to satisfy my need for cinnamon. May your way be as pleasant.

Basenotes Institution

10mls of Carnal Flower whilst I consider a full bottle purchase. I am still in love with this stuff after a bit of a rocky start with it.
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 24th April 2010 at 01:25 AM.

The Montale Black Aoud swap was awaiting me at the post office today, the last of my FB-Buying Flurry!

I'll be going through my wardrobe for potential swaps/sales and assessing what I have now...

(I have to admit I did have a snipe in on a FB of Cumming the Fragrance but didn't want to get too spendy so I didn't win it... that's it now until fall!)

I just read recently that L'Artisan Vanilia was discontinued, I'm not sure if that was here or another site. Terrible news! This is one of the few fragrances that I liked enough to finish the bottle. It was also one of my first (if not the first) niche purchase. Luckily, I wandered into a local perfume store today that still had some in stock. I bought a 50ml bottle. Unfortunately, they didn't have any 100ml bottles. But I feel fortunate and happy to own this fragrance once again.

Quote Originally Posted by plumeria View Post
    I just read recently that L'Artisan Vanilia was discontinued, I'm not sure if that was here or another site. Terrible news! This is one of the few fragrances that I liked enough to finish the bottle. It was also one of my first (if not the first) niche purchase. Luckily, I wandered into a local perfume store today that still had some in stock. I bought a 50ml bottle. Unfortunately, they didn't have any 100ml bottles. But I feel fortunate and happy to own this fragrance once again.
    So glad you found it! I like this one too, and should probably look for a bottle.

Hi Haunani. Thanks! I just sent you a message.

Geoffrey Beene Grey Flannel and Halston Z-14.

Had a fabulous shopping day and purchased:

Prada Tubereuse
    Balenciaga
    Hermes Voyage
    Nicole Miller Frenzy
    Chanel Coromandel
    Last edited by oolala30; 25th April 2010 at 04:13 AM.

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Today I bought.........April 2010

More Ma Liberte.
    Last edited by N_Tesla; 25th April 2010 at 04:21 AM.

Un profumo affettuoso

Today I bought Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia - delightful and so flowery...

Today my Limited Edition signed Guerlain HÉRITAGE arrived. Flacon Nr. 699 / 4000.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

I think my bottles come alive and get up to mischief when I leave the room. I feel like the kid in Toy Story whose toys feel threatened when Buzz Lightyear arrives.
    Marvelous! If only your imagination could be projected onto the big screen.

Maintaining restrained shopping habits, I went and spent just 99¢ for two empty Goutal bottles from the 'bay (of course shipping was 6x that). But I want to move my Mandragore juice out of the “man” bottle and display the chunky thing apart from my girly frag cabinet. Dumb, I know.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Why thank you kindly Quarry

I'm going through a Caron phase at the moment, and I've just ordered a vintage bottle of Nuit de Noël EdT. I'm considering Infini next -it's so reasonably priced and plentiful on eBay.
    Last edited by sean-dt; 26th April 2010 at 03:05 PM.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    Today my Limited Edition signed Guerlain HÉRITAGE arrived. Flacon Nr. 699 / 4000.

Another gorgeous beauty Dimitri !

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    Congratulations! I managed to get number 1085 last year, and I treasure it. Are you going to wear it? I'm tempted, but I'd feel like I'm desecrating it -although it does smell better than my other bottles...
    Last edited by sean-dt; 26th April 2010 at 03:38 PM.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Today I won myself 100ml sealed
    No 19 Eau de Parfum on the Bay.

Congratulations! I managed to get number 1085 last year, and I treasure it. Are you going to wear it? I'm tempted, but I'd feel like I'm desecrating it -although it does smell better than my other bottles...
    Thanks, and congratulations yourself!
    I don't think I will so much as sneak a sniff inside the bottle... I'd like to try and keep it in pristine condition... though as a press gift, it is likely THE most vintage juice anyone is going to find!
    I have ordered a vintage EDP online that I think i will spritz whenever I am tempted to bust this one open

Lubin L'Eau Neuve.

Basenotes Plus

Dimitri, Yowza that is a true beauty!

I got a new sealed bottle of Yves Rocher Voile D'Ambre delivered today. It was $15.50 including shipping, so my retirement fund is still intact

I've been holding myself for about 2 months, so in the past week I got Chergui (my first bottle of Serge Lutens), Calandre EdT, and Madame Rochas PdT. I'm also waiting for Gris Clair. I'd like to know if the Calandre and Madame Rochas are vintage:

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/251...s-and-Calandre

Un profumo affettuoso

Dear zliang,

from the bottle I can tell that Madame Rochas is vintage - as for Calandre, that's difficult, since the flacon looks the same as back in the 70's today.
    Great scents! Hope you'll enjoy them.

I bought this weekend Angelique Noir, Cuir Beluga and Spiriteuse Double Vanille from the Guerlain Exclusives. Wow they are all just beautiful!
    I also smelled Les Secrets de Sophie...and unfortunately I loved it..but damn 300 euros for 60ml!!
    Live the life you love, love the life you live!!

Quote Originally Posted by knit_at_nite View Post
    Dimitri, Yowza that is a true beauty!

I got a new sealed bottle of Yves Rocher Voile D'Ambre delivered today. It was $15.50 including shipping, so my retirement fund is still intact
    Way to go knit_at_nite! LOL It is well worth your $15.50! As is the Rose Absolute from the same line. Glad it was still "sealed"! But in this case, bust it open and spritz away.

Anayake Miyako and the current Murasaki (I have a vintage Murasaki, too...) are coming from ebay... (I've had good luck lately with "buy it now or best offer" -- I submit an offer -- usually 2/3 of what they're asking, and twice now they've accepted it. If they come back with a counter offer, you can ignore it, if you like.)

I've ordered samples of IRISSS, and Amouage: Dia, Reflection, and Jubilation.

And from Highland Lilac of Rochester, a sample of the Highland Lilac.

After a divine sample from Kumquat , ordered a FB of Jean Patou Invitation. Classic, scrumptious and a must-have from first sniff!
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Well... I didn't actually buy it, but my bottle of Tauer Perfumes Orange Star arrived today. I won it in a giveaway draw! Yaaay!

Quote Originally Posted by Furriner View Post
    Well... I didn't actually buy it, but my bottle of Tauer Perfumes Orange Star arrived today. I won it in a giveaway draw! Yaaay!
    How very cool! This is one I've been waiting to be released for a while. It is now sitting on my Luckyscent cart. Let us know how you like it.
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Basenotes Institution

I went ahead and bought CdG LUXE Champaca after much thought ( damned ! that stuff is expensive after tax ) and I am still thinking about Carnal Flower.
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 27th April 2010 at 11:31 PM. Reason: Someone help my spelling .....

L'Artisan Parfumeur L'Eau de Jatamansi.

Quote Originally Posted by Furriner View Post
    L'Artisan Parfumeur L'Eau de Jatamansi.
    Mmmm... I love that one. I'm looking forward to enjoying mine this summer!