Code of Conduct
    Sur la Plage

Default New Niche Line: Atelier Flou

Has anyone tried these yet, and if so, what are your thoughts/opinions?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Atelier Flou is a new niche perfume line from Jean-François Cabos, formerly of Balenciaga, and perfumer Jacques Chabert. They debut with eight fragrances, four for women and four for men:

Ten Nine for women ~ “Greedy, Careless, Devouring the life with full teeth. The explosion of a splendid fruit cocktail, with the irresistible aroma of the chocolate and the refreshing touch of the so smart green tea underlined by a voluptuous attar of carvi of Hungary for this fragrance which tastes like a magic moment of life fully crunched. Greedy pleasure.”

Shamsin for women ~ “Luxurious, Voluptuous, The mystery of the eternal East. All in this fragrance is sensuality. Made of the “fel” (the jasmine of high Egypt), this fragrance then undulates between the disturbing mystery of the most refined musks of the East and the powerful energy of the finest absolutes: rose of Morocco and ciste of Spain. Unforgettable sensuality.”

Sloane Rose for women ~ “Delicate, Daring, Distinguished. Resolutely out of time, this fragrance signs absolute elegance. A daring movement between the perfect balance of the rose of Manilla, the subtlety of the Scandinavian violet raised of the total refinement of absolute of jasmine sambac of Chenaï (7 million flowers for 1kg of absolute). Absolute elegance.”

Paradis Paradis for women ~ “Pure, Original, Impertinent. So feminine, so unpredictable, completely independent. Paradis Paradis is the fragrance of obvious femininity, the full harmony of a bouquet of delicate flowers where the concrete of Iris of Italy dominates and opens out unconstrained. Freedom.”

Katana for men ~ “Strong, Powerful, The sun of the East. Much personality and sensuality in this fragrance inspired by the sharp edge of the saber of the Samurai. It takes risks by associating attars of cypress of Italy, coriander of Russia and cardamom of Guatemala for a unique harmony of strength and excellence. Power.”

Monsieur mon Amour for men ~ “Elegant, Refined, Smart. Ultimate elegance signs this fragrance: the glowing of the hearth and the feeling of cosy leathers for an unusual and astonishing refinement. When the incense of Somalia meets the attar of the wood of Gaïac of Paraguay. Serenity.”

Black Purple for men ~ “Mystery, Terrestrial and celestrial, Charming. All is extreme in this combination of heat and cold. The subtle association between the coolness of the rosemary of Morocco, the true harmony of the nutmeg of Indonesia and a passionate touch of absolute of Liatrix of America delicately associated with a deep amber. Between sky and earth.”

Eau d’aviateur for men ~ “Adventure, Density, Spirit. When the intense scene of extreme skies forces the contemplation by the voyager, from the Andes cordillera to Siberia. Bouquet of blue flowers, petitgrain of Sicily and orange oil of Brazil for this water which goes like one second spiritual skin. Obviousness.”

The women’s fragrances are in 100 ml Eau de Parfum for 115€; the men’s are in 100 ml Eau de Toilette for 95€.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 2nd April 2010 at 11:01 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Sur la Plage

Default Re: New Niche Line: Atelier Flou

Has anyone tried these? They are already available at Parfum1: http://www.parfum1.com/atelier-flou-...d=Atelier+Flou
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I've not tried these yet, but I certainly intend to. Not to be confused with Atelier cologne which is a different company.

Thought I'd bump this thread as Ausliebezumduft are now stocking this line. The price they are charging for these is steep but they are always a good source for samples especially in this case.

Have the entire line in my collection. L'Eau D'Aviateur is my preferred but they're all good IMO. Can be found at Beauty Encounter at a discount and coupons can be applied.

Quote Originally Posted by Healer View Post
    Thought I'd bump this thread as Ausliebezumduft are now stocking this line. The price they are charging for these is steep but they are always a good source for samples especially in this case.
    Yes they are & with pretty quick shipping to the US too. Black Purple was my initial interest but was a bust.
    Monsieur mon Amour, however, is not bad at all

Wonder how developed the cypress note is in Katana.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

As of this date, their website is "under maintenance" and down at the bottom it says :

"CONTACT : ROJA DOVE HAUTE PARFUMERIE"

Their site has been "under maintenance" with that Roja Dove message for about six months or so now. I contacted AF via the link on their website back in March/April and was given the name/email of their UK distributor. I was told by the distributor that samples were being produced and distributed around May/June but nothing ever materialised and after several more phone calls I just gave up. So now I'm happy to see Ausliebezumduft stocking them so I can get hold of samples of those except D'Aviateur next time I order. I already own a bottle of D'Aviateur I bought blind cheap on Ebay.

I've tried Katana, Monsier Mon Amour and Eau D'Aviateur on paper at Fragranze 2011 (one of the biggest and most important niche expo in italy) and they didn't strike me as particularly interesting. Kinda generic. I was actually overwhelmed buy the huge amount of new launches and it's possible that after a revisit I may change my mind but, so far, I think they add nothing new on the table.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here