Code of Conduct

Default Habit Rouge Gentleman Driver, a green-woody version

Has anyone tried this? It looks like this is not simply the EDP in a fancy bottle. (I could not find this in the archives.)

Pity the inspiration is now automobile racing and no longer the equestrian man in his "habit rouge."

I would like to think a "gentleman driver" is one driving his horses--as a "a pair" or a mean "four-in-hand." This is like the 19th century equivalent of the 5 L engine...virile and reckless, all that horsepower under one gloved hand. (Carriage fatalities were common for the man with the "need for speed.")

The notes, courtesy of Scented Salamander: "The warm oriental structure of Habit Rouge is refreshed by a biting and raw green sensation resting on a bitter orange note, but also on bamboo. A spicy tonality is brought by pink peppercorn. The heart of the fragrance is described as "luminous and shining" featuring a note of delicate jasmine. The base notes are "addictive and vibrating" thanks to notes of woods, musks and patchouli."

Other notes include citruses, hesperidic notes, cedar wood, an animalic leather, vanilla.

The metallic plate is meant to evoke a sports trophy.

http://www.mimifroufrou.com/scenteds...gentleman.html
    Last edited by Primrose; 2nd April 2010 at 11:03 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Habit Rouge Gentleman Driver, a green-woody version

I wasn't impressed with Habit Rouge Sport, so I don't have high expectations. I'll give it a sniff if I come across it, but won't go rushing out to smell it.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 2nd April 2010 at 11:27 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I know the flankers can get tiresome...thank you for the input. Alas, they are getting so far away from the original inspiration of the horseman.

This reminds me of the Hermes logo...and the start of the House of Hermes.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm. I tend to shy away from anything bearing the "Sport" designation, which to me is a warning that I'm about to experience something quite mundane. I can hear the SAs' tiresome cry, "it's fresh!"

Since it's Guerlain, though, I'll keep an open mind. Mr. G, have you tried this yet?
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not his own facts. Daniel Moynihan

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

This is Habit Rouge Sport in a fancy bottle. I hated Habit Rouge Sport.

From what I remember, Mr. G liked this one.