Code of Conduct

Default Guerlain Heritage plum, deep honeyed prune note

I just picked up a bottle of the first Guerlain Heritage EDT incarnation. I am getting a plum, deep honeyed prune note in the top-mid notes. More so than from the miniature I have previously used. Any idea what I am smelling? I have the EDP as well and it is almost as if I am smelling something that is closer to the EDP essence, but it is in fact the EDT.

http://www.basenotes.net/ID26120772/reviews.html

Top notes of bergamot, orange, aldehydes, green accords, lavender, lemon, petit grain, violet, clary sage and the gentle touch of nutmeg.

The middle notes of the perfume bring the explosion and richness of spices which interact with floral scents (pepper, coriander, orris root, along with rose, jasmine, carnation, honeysuckle, geranium and lily-of-the-valley).

The warmth of the woody notes is emphasized at the base by cedar, vetiver, patchouli, amber, tonka bean, oakmoss, sandalwood and powdery vanilla.
    Last edited by neal; 3rd April 2010 at 12:50 AM.

Default Re: Guerlain Heritage plum, deep honeyed prune note

Bump. Anyone familiar with this. I bumped it as I bought it on ebay and have one week to return if not satisfied. Other than the plum, deep honeyed prune note it smells similar to the miniature I have.

I don't remember a plum note... I haven't worn it in a while though. There could easily be a plum or black current note on the top, Guerlain does those quite well.
    Last edited by mrclmind; 3rd April 2010 at 03:02 PM.

No. I tried it recently (4th or 5th time) and after a while the lavender got to me (which is why it's on my swap list).
    Last edited by Bigsly; 3rd April 2010 at 08:50 PM.

I've never gotten that. Lucky you, I love plums
    If fragrance has a gender, so does all art.

I'm thinking that the miniature I have, even though it is in the "vintage' box design may have been a 1st or 2nd reformulation, and the full bottle I just bought is truly the vintage from 1992-ish and hence the difference. Just a guess as the full bottle smells 'deeper', if that makes sense.
    Last edited by neal; 4th April 2010 at 12:50 AM.