Code of Conduct

Default Getting a new niche summer scent, opinions pls

I am leaning heavily towards Millesime Imperial. The only thing steering me away though is the longevity, I hear its bad. Could anyone who has tried this give me your thoughts on it or maybe suggest something you feel is better? I always like to ask on the forums before I buy any fragrance because I value everyones opinion on here. Thanks!

Default Re: Getting a new niche summer scent, opinions pls

Hi, it is not a bad scent but I would totally not recommend paying the retail price. About longevity, yes after 3-4 hours there is nothing on skin, however you can get more longevity on fabric. If you can find the 4 oz around 120-140, give it a try, but I am not buying it again when I finish the bottle.

Have you ever smelled it?

You should try Amouage Ciel Man.

Mate you are not wrong when you are a bit apprehensive about purchasing Creed MI due to its poor longevity.
    It's better you test it first before you make an expensive purchase.

You can also have a look at the following niche fragrances for the summer months.
    I don't have longevity issues with any of these:

Bond No. 9 Wall Street
    Bond No. 9 Eau De New York
    Bois 1920 Agrumi Amari Di Sicilia
    Acqua Di Parma Colonia
    Acqua Di Parma Colonia Assoluta
    Chanel Sycomore *if you like Vetiver*
    Frederic Malle Bigarade Concentree

Quote Originally Posted by innamoramento View Post
    You should try Amouage Ciel Man.
    I definitely second this motion. Add in Amouage Reflection Man while you're at it!
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

I recommend Creed Erolfa. More masculine, and spicy/salty than M-I. Good staying-power (on my skin)

Apart from seconding ADP

you would probably like to try Hugh Parsons Yellow, the original Eau de Cologne by Farina Gegenuber and La Martin Hombre- although niche,
    3 moderately priced, timeless and puristic elegant citrus frags

if the packaging matters any bit...thn i'd go for Bond no.9...least they have good longevity.. wud safely recommend scnts like Wall Street, Westside, Riverside Drive

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    Have you ever smelled it?
    Nope, this would be a total blind buy. Unfortunately I don't have any stores in my area that sell higher quality fragrances for me to test out. And I don't really want to pay 3-4 dollars for samples online when I have been hearing the samples don't truly represent the scent and the money will add up quick. I have just enough extra money for a new bottle so adding samples would be pushing it financially.

Splurge for the bottle of MI then. I think you will like it.

longevity isn't a problem with MI ...i get a solid 8 hours out of it.

If i want to wear a refreshing summer scent i don't reach for the bottle of MI...i get my bottle of YSL Live Jazz.
    Knize Ten !

Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post

If i want to wear a refreshing summer scent i don't reach for the bottle of MI...i get my bottle of YSL Live Jazz.
    So when do you reach for the MI?

Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    + 1 Although the scent is reduced to a slightly bitter green note, which is really nice to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    I recommend Creed Erolfa. More masculine, and spicy/salty than M-I. Good staying-power (on my skin)
    This really is a great recommendation. If I had to have only one summer scent, Erolfa would be it.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

Virgin island water!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jer350 View Post
    Nope, this would be a total blind buy. Unfortunately I don't have any stores in my area that sell higher quality fragrances for me to test out. And I don't really want to pay 3-4 dollars for samples online when I have been hearing the samples don't truly represent the scent and the money will add up quick. I have just enough extra money for a new bottle so adding samples would be pushing it financially.
    What's more important to you though? Just having a niche scent for the sake of having something 'exclusive' and expensive, that you may or may not like but probably won't love (at least not as much as something else you'd find if you spend the money sampling), or would you rather discover a scent that you feel not only smells amazing but perhaps best represents an aspect of your persona and projects the image you want? Yes, with the latter option you may have to wait awhile again before you can afford the bottle, but you'd be purchasing a bottle you KNOW you love. That's a helluva lot more secure feeling than a blind buy on something that is loved by some, hated by others, and considered mediocre by many.

Honestly, it's your money and your prerogative and I wish you the best in whatever you do. I just, personally, think the sampling route pays greater dividends in the long run. (and samples are surely representative enough of a frag to know if you like it or not. The best route is to get small samples, then get larger decants of anything you truly love, and if you STILL love the scent after you've used up the decant, you can be reasonably sure you won't get sick of it if you get a whole bottle).
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Jer350 View Post
    Watermelon champagne that develops into a big buttery ambergris drydown. It's loved by many, but know what you're getting into.

MI is a good one. I am also fond of Creed Green Valley for summer. Erolfa - yes, another good Creed choice. Also, as noted in other listings here, Acqua di Parma Colonia - an absolute classic must-have. Best summer buy (also works in the other three seasons): Roger Gallet Extra Vielle. You'll need to reapply frequently, but it's so good you won't care. Well-priced, too.

A niche scent for summer you say? I suppose Creed is niche though it is readily available. For summer you may want to look into getting a citrus heavy concoction such as:

CS Neroli
    CS Citrus Paradisi
    Cologne Sologne
    Lorenzo Villoresi Acqua di Colonia