Code of Conduct

Default Help Needed: Let's Play the Fragrance Mystery Game

Ok ladies and gents, I know this crowd is always down for a good mystery, let's see if we can pinpoint whether this frag exists, or I'm losing my mind. So, normally I work at a bank in a smaller town (roughly 35,000 - 40,000 people), but I was covering at a branch in the next town over, which just so happens to be the largest city in my tiny state ( Connecticut ). Now, most cities (ok, I'll be honest, I'm basing this completely on NYC ), are heavily diverse, offer a wealth of shopping, and are generally a place people enjoy visiting. Not Bridgeport. I actually find it very surprising at the complete absence of up-scale shopping, restaurants, or culture, it seems to be all either corporate and/or run-down low-income housing. Why the backstory? Just painting a picture friends, just painting a picture. So, there are a group of Spanish speaking folks being helped by a coworker, and I'm suddenly smacked by the aroma that smells amazingly similar to Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille. Now, at the risk of sounding racist and ignorant. This is NOT the smell I expect to be encountering, when I look outside our building. Not only are there no "high-end" department stores, but I'm not even sure if the regular department stores are to be found. Essentially, to sum up the question, does ANYTHING exist out there, that combines the same boozy vanilla accord with tobacco from SDV? Or even just the boozy vanilla?
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Default Re: Help Needed: Let's Play the Fragrance Mystery Game

Maybe it was SDV. Basenoters and connoisseurs pop up in random places.

Tabu?
    Hypnotic Poison?
    If fragrance has a gender, so does all art.

Quote Originally Posted by Spray View Post
    Maybe it was SDV. Basenoters and connoisseurs pop up in random places.
    Spray, you know I'd like to keep an open mind, but I would bet the house against it in this case. I just REALLY didn't get that impression.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Spray is right though, you might never expect some people to be BNers. Take me for instance. I could probably sell my bottle of Lyric Man for more than I could sell my car (yeah, it's a huge POS.. going to be getting a new one in a couple years but don't want the added expense while in college.)

That being said, I can't help with the question at hand as I've yet to smell SDV.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

A fellow Connecticut-ian! It's not too often I smell anything interesting on people around here but you never know!
    Live a wonderfully perfumed life!

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    Spray is right though, you might never expect some people to be BNers. Take me for instance. I could probably sell my bottle of Lyric Man for more than I could sell my car (yeah, it's a huge POS.. going to be getting a new one in a couple years but don't want the added expense while in college.)

That being said, I can't help with the question at hand as I've yet to smell SDV.
    I agree...

Also, keep in mind that sometimes people like to create an illusion of living a certain type of lifestyle that (financially) just isn't possible... I've known way too many guys driving around in nice cars while living in a small, run down studio... Plenty of other similar examples as well... As for the fragrance, I've never tried SDV so I can't help you there...

Quote Originally Posted by artemesia View Post
    A fellow Connecticut-ian! It's not too often I smell anything interesting on people around here but you never know!
    Haha yes, there are a couple of us, unfortunately not many though.
    Last edited by mtgprox05; 4th April 2010 at 02:26 AM.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Ha! Having been born and raised in Bridgeport, I would say anything is possible!

Could someone have dabbed on some good-quality vanilla extract?

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Who says TPC doesn't deliver to Connecticut? All it takes is a decant.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

When I lived in Bpt. we shopped in Trumbull (the mall), Westport, Stamford, Greenwich, NYC.... all within an hour away.

Sillage is something very tricky...it breaks down all barriers between niche & designers... it leaves no room for prejudice...just smell and our honest opinion about it... the last time i complimented a guy was on a frag by Puma. it smelled like a million bucks on him and left a trail of wonderful aroma...i was so hoping it'd be niche but ...

wht u cud've smelled cud easily some gourmands like A*men to some sharp scent like Jovan sex appeal which has a smooth drydown ...