Code of Conduct

Default fake le male? need help!

hey everyone i just did a swap with someone and i think i received a counterfeit, i am hoping that you can help me to know if this is a fake or not

alright so to start i have an authentic 2.5 oz le male and the one i recieved is a 4.2oz

the caps on the two are different
    on the bottom of the 2.5oz it is engraved and on the bottom of the 4.2 the info is printed
    on the bottom of the 2.5oz it says "parfums jean pauls gaultier" and on the 4.2 it says "parsums jean paul gaultier"
    also the website on the 4.2 is printed www.leanpaulgaultier.com instead of www.jeanpaulgaultier.com

and i was also wondering if the 5 digit serial number on the bottle is the same as on the tin can

thanks everyone for your help.
    Last edited by Nalyd fl; 4th April 2010 at 12:39 AM.

Default Re: fake le male? need help!

Parsums = fake

It sounds fishy to me.

The serial number on the can should be printed, but the one on the bottle should be engraved.

The fake may smell better than the real thing.

That is definitely a fake.
    Live a wonderfully perfumed life!

Did they fill it up with Cuba Gold? LOL.

Can you take a picture of it so we can see? It does sound fake though, but ya never know.

yea it smells totally different and only lasts about 10 min so thanks everyone for your help i think we can declare it a FAKE, and idk how to upload pictures sry

From the wording, it's fake IMO

There is two products. The fake is called "Blue" and comes from China. I know a store that sells both. In my local store the real Le Male sells at a great price of $52 4.2oz and the Blue 4.2oz for $10 (cost them $7). They sell both because they are in a discount area with other stores so they have both because some people want the cheaper product but they offer either to you and you buy the one you want. On the top back side of the real bottle it's engraved Gaultier and the fake (Blue) has nothing. The fake bottle is a bit darker blue and the white stripes are thinner (width) and a bit darker too. The "Blue" smells close to Le Male but more of a powder smell and doesn't last very long. On eBay this fake is sold all over as a "tester" and they start the bids at .99 cents to around $ 9.00 and then the bidding starts. The bottle of the fake (or "Blue") come's with the sticker on the bottom taken off (the bottom will feel a bit sticky where the label was) because for the real "Blue" it says "Blue" so that can't be left on or you will know the difference right away. And I don't think you can take the Le Male information off the bottom of their bottle. If you buy the "Blue" brand new in a can, read the wording of both cans as they are very close but different. Alot of people buying for the first time don't know what the can should say so the "Blue" will sell easy and the "tester" will sell easy too because the bottle looks the same if you don't know what's going on and what to look for.

the fake may smell better than the real thing.
    lmao...

I don't know about the fake ("Blue") smelling better that Le Male because Le Male is a great scent but the "Blue" is not bad. But it doesn't last and that's the big difference.

Sounds fake to me. Le Male has been around for over a decade, and I doubt they would screw up the writing on their number one selling fragrance.
    Sales thread here

It's fake. I bought a "tester" from eBay, saw all I said, went to the retail store and learned all about the "Blue" fake or cheap copy, matched bottles up and saw even more things and sent the fake back to eBay for a full refund that I received already.

Just left an up scale mall in the chicago area. I saw a bottle of le male sitting on the counter but it was red. Literally the exact same bottle but in red. Even the container was the same but on but it was stamped "original". I asked the girl if it was a new le male. She said that it was called blue. I said wow it looks 100 % like le male. Her response was "every company needs competition". It even smelled similar, just a bit watered down. I can believe a shop in this mall sells fake fragrances. They even had a couple bottles of creed! One an only assume they're fake as well.

Sorry, but it's fake.