Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thumbs down Shalimar bottles.

I am not asking Guerlain to put Shalimar in Laqique crystal bottles or Genuine Baccarat but, the new bottles are very cheaply made and look it. Thank God the juice is still good. Cheap bottles with plastic caps; I expect more of a perfumerie with reputation to maintain. The old style bottles look better even with a platic cap.
    Last edited by N_Tesla; 4th April 2010 at 03:28 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Shalimar bottles.

My Shalimar travel spray is lovely--not cheap at all! My parfum bottle is great too--same as it has been for many years now.

well yes, I also think they look kinda cheap. Thin glass,that a thin pastic cap... in contrast to some other bottles from them, new shalimar bottles look bad.

I really like the bottles with bees, idylle bottle, insolence (very expensive looking)... even the aqua allegoria bottles look better than shalimar ones.
    "Diego: Why did you do that? you could've died trying to rescue me.
    Manfred: That's what you do in a herd: you look out for each other. " (Ice Age)

Banned

Post Thanks / Like

I agree that the new bottles look tacky. Whilst one can see the benefits of appealing to a contemporary market, to quote the words of Einstein "why f*ck with perfection?"

Post Thanks / Like

I assume we're talking about the batman bottles, and I agree that they are just awful. I can see where they're coming from, but it's just not working very well.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tott View Post
    I assume we're talking about the batman bottles, and I agree that they are just awful. I can see where they're coming from, but it's just not working very well.
    LOL. Good spot! Believe it or not, this was the original reason stopping me from buying a full bottle of Shalimar.

Quote Originally Posted by tott View Post
    ROTFL! Yes, that are rather "Batmanish" when you mention it...

I like the older Shalimar bottles--more like a vintage perfume flacon. I really despise this attempt to look "modern."
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like Guerlain is trying to save money - hence the simplified bottles.

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

I never really put the connection between the Shalimar bottle and the Batman logo, but now that it's been mentioned I see it perfectly in my minds eye. (giggle)