Code of Conduct

Question Just for fun: how many liters do Basenotes memebers own... in total

I am quite unsure whether quite random and playful this topic even belongs in the Fragrance Industry section, but I was always curious, should a precise and almost constantly updated, scientific calculation be made (which I doubt, since it is a too painstaking operation with too many ceaselessly changing variables) about how many liters of frags all Basenotes members own in total- with or without additional cosmetic and grooming products scented with one of the frags in the Basenotes directory and marketed within the same beauty line as the frag. Would the frag wardrobes of a few thousands or tens of thousands of Basenoters would total over a million liters of pleasantly scented liquids.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Just for fun: how many liters do Basenotes memebers own... in total

I did a quick calculation based on my spreadsheet and came up with approximately fourteen liters of juice at the moment for my part.
    Last edited by N_Tesla; 4th April 2010 at 09:20 PM.

Lol, my wardrobe amounts roughly to 8-9 liters-samples, backup bottles, light EDCs and aftershaves included

My collection is tiny - approx 1.2 liters.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    I am quite unsure whether quite random and playful this topic even belongs in the Fragrance Industry section, but I was always curious, should a precise and almost constantly updated, scientific calculation be made (which I doubt, since it is a too painstaking operation with too many ceaselessly changing variables) about how many liters of frags all Basenotes members own in total- with or without additional cosmetic and grooming products scented with one of the frags in the Basenotes directory and marketed within the same beauty line as the frag. Would the frag wardrobes of a few thousands or tens of thousands of Basenoters would total over a million liters of pleasantly scented liquids.
    Oh, Ken, I thought you *meant" litres of perfume--as in owning a big carafe of scent! (Waaay to expensive but a fanciful thought.)

I would say my total amount of juice to be about a litre.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Well, Primrose, I would have dreamed about owning this amount of liters solely in perfume extrait concentration, but that would mean accumulating, only for the purchase price of extraits, as many debts as only history's most famous dandies used to pile up

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Approximately 18.375 liters! Geeze!
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

I wouldn't like to think. Decilitres.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Hillaire

It's a kegger, y'all!

A shameful 30 litres after a calculation on my fragrance stock spreadsheet.

If I live up to be 75, I have 750ml of perfume to be used every year and then I won't have any perfume to bequeath.
    So that gives me a permitted usage of just over 2ml every day. That's not much is it? ;-)

1 Liter with samples.

I'm too lazy to do the necessary arithmetic.

Oh my math is terrible! Approximately 15 liters!

Reine